5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mishimoto R&D: RAM 1500 5.7L V8 Catch Can Kit

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This thread was like a beautiful made for Lifetime movie with a great ending :ROFLMAO: now let’s lock the thread before anything else happens :p

Seriously though. It’s awesome everything worked out and everyone hung in there. One thang is for sho, peeps be lovin’ their Rams!

Neokane

Reaction score
I know...crazy wasn't it? Getting those two pins back in their holes took me like 10 minutes:unsure:
Their video said it would take 1.5 hours.. maybe I didnt drink enough beer between each step. Lol
Or it took them an hour to put the cover on!

Mishimoto

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Steve, you are a stand up person!!!!

Thank you, but our project manager, warehouse and order processing teams did most of the heavy lifting, I just communicated it all :) I'll pass your compliments on to them!

Their video said it would take 1.5 hours.. maybe I didnt drink enough beer between each step. Lol
Or it took them an hour to put the cover on!

Did our videographer forget to include a six pack in the required tools section again?

So can you order one now and receive it before June?

I know we have a few extra that we can build, but I'm not sure how they're being allocated. Let me talk to the project manager and let you know - don't want to open the flood gates again without stock to back it up :oops:

Thanks everybody! Excited to see these on your trucks!

-Steve

2019REBEL

Reaction score
We'll get them today!

Yes I know, the big pre sale had way more orders than they anticipated. I would have ordered one but by the time it gets to Canada and with the exchange rate and shipping and customs it would be way too expensive. Hoping they get a distributor in Canada.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes I know, the big pre sale had way more orders than they anticipated. I would have ordered one but by the time it gets to Canada and with the exchange rate and shipping and customs it would be way too expensive. Hoping they get a distributor in Canada.

@2019REBEL ...I guess you aren't reading what Steve was willing to do for our Canadian friends:unsure: And folks ARE getting what they pay for...you really need to get with the thread:rolleyes:

Mishimoto

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

We can ship USPS to Canada to save some on the customs charges! But, I only have one kit available now and @RBRK has first pick right now, so it would have to wait until we can get more cans inventoried (hopefully still before June, but again 6/30 is the current ETA).

Thanks!
-Steve

2019REBEL

Reaction score
We can ship USPS to Canada to save some on the customs charges! But, I only have one kit available now and @RBRK has first pick right now, so it would have to wait until we can get more cans inventoried (hopefully still before June, but again 6/30 is the current ETA).

Thanks!
-Steve

I will look at them again in June when you get more stock....no rush

Patsy1099

Reaction score

Thanks!
-Steve

@Mishimoto Steve, if it’s still available and other member doesn’t want it, I’ll buy it

Mishimoto

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I will look at them again in June when you get more stock....no rush

No problem! I'll make a note to let you guys know when we have stock again if it happens before June. Could you by chance copy and resend our PM conversation to me? I can't seem to find it in our inbox.

@Mishimoto Steve, if it’s still available and other member doesn’t want it, I’ll buy it

I'll let you know @RBRK says! I'd like to give them the day to decide.

Thanks!
-Steve

JK47TheWeapon

Reaction score
I got mine installed yesterday. Went on easily. Hardest part of it was removing the existing rubber hose. I like it. Fits well. Looks nice

53915134_2444443185595255_2923919782707200000_n.jpg 55833109_2444443202261920_8599520739961339904_n.jpg

I bought the recommended drain kit (Mishimoto Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can Petcock Drain Kit ) with the pre-order. Not fond of the drain. It came with a double ended barbed with the valve, and I would have much preferred the valve on the NPT connector which connect to the catch can itself. I'll probably be ditching it for another drain valve in the future.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

jkm312

Reaction score
Thought I would post a photo of mine after 110 miles. It held about 1 oz. Took the can off to install the drain valve. Hats off to Security guy for the tip about the valve. Added the small nipple to hold a piece of hose for when I do drain it for real. This past week here temps have been from upper 20's to upper 60's, short haul drives for me 10 miles or less. Engine has just over 250 miles as of this afternoon. The idea behind the oil catch can is valid and I"m glad it's on and working as planned. My first experience with one. Please enlighten me some. It seems to me those of us in cooler temps would catch a little more blow by than those in warmer climates. True or false?

For those of you who are waiting, keep the faith. It is a quality product. Fit and finish is top notch. I do advise putting in some sort of drain on the bottom of the tank, it is a little hard to spin off because of the rubber gasket and fine threads.

Attachments

• IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 62

myram2019

Reaction score
Mine came in today and went right on. It did take 1.5 hrs to do. Had to go to store cause i ran out of beer. lol
The longest part of the install was trying to find my 10 mm socket the fell infront of the radiator thru the hood latch. Also it took longer to unpack the can from the shipping material, then to install.
Solid product and worth the wait and $$$$.
@Steve thanks for the extra gifts, much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread