5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mishimoto R&D: RAM 1500 5.7L V8 Catch Can Kit

myram2019

Reaction score
So the initial discount offer was 5% off or free drain kit or 3 day shipping. The 5% i though was too low and the drain kit i didn't want and 3 day shipping on 3 month wait was a waste. lol. So i asked if i can get the refund for the drain kit from the pre-sale price. Well steve came thru and made that happen. I will continue to wait for the catch can. Also props to @securityguy for keeping things positive.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And props to the good looking guy who brought light to this situation that ultimately allowed your to get you $35.99 discount. Holla! Hey, at least we're not extorting Nike!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Will you hook up a drain line to the valve or just let'er drop from the bottom of the catch can?

I don't see any reason to hook up a drain line which is why the drain kit would be a waste of money. If you put a plastic cup underneath and just open the valve it looks like we'll be good to go!

If you buy the valve I linked to above in another post, take out the handle screw and put a dab of Loctite on it and then screw it back in. Some folks on my Subaru forum stated the screw came loose and the handle fell off in the road. This is a solid way to prevent that from happening ;)

Granite5thgen

Reaction score

Mishimoto

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Took a few after pics now that the workday is over:

Thank you for sharing these and for your earlier review!

For everybody that has a backordered kit, please keep an eye out later this afternoon, hoping to have some good news for you!

@Cmerkert I'm guessing you would like the $35.95 refund since you did purchase the drain kit already? If so, I'll go ahead and start that processing now. Just saw your PM, responding now and will copy to email as well.

Thanks!
-Steve

Last edited:

SColang22

Reaction score

For everybody that has a backordered kit, please keep an eye out later this afternoon, hoping to have some good news for you!

@Cmerkert I'm guessing you would like the $35.95 refund since you did purchase the drain kit already? If so, I'll go ahead and start that processing now.

Thanks!
-Steve
Steve,

If we ordered the drain kit (mine should get here today) do we need to call to get the refund or will it automatically be refunded? I have no problems waiting on the catch can. Thanks for your help and staying on top of things.

Mishimoto

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Steve,

If we ordered the drain kit (mine should get here today) do we need to call to get the refund or will it automatically be refunded? I have no problems waiting on the catch can. Thanks for your help and staying on top of things.

Could you just PM me your original order number to pass on to CS - that way I can get a first hand confirmation that it's being processed.

Thanks and thank you for your patience!
-Steve

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score

@Cmerkert I'm guessing you would like the $35.95 refund since you did purchase the drain kit already? If so, I'll go ahead and start that processing now. Just saw your PM, responding now and will copy to email as well.

Thanks!
-Steve

Thanks Steve. I'll be happy to wait a few more weeks for the can and hold off on the other stuff in good faith.

Mishimoto

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

You'll be happy to know that the remaining backordered catch can kits have been shipped out next-day air with some extra gifts in the box for being patient while we work this out. Our project manager was able to work with our warehouse team to get more built way sooner than expected. You should have received an email with your order's tracking number, but if you didn't please just let me know your order number or name and I'll PM it to you.

@Hanmore your order will be shipping out USPS tomorrow so that you don't have to pay UPS customs/duties charges.

Thanks everybody for your patience, looking forward to hearing what you think about the kit.

-Steve

Neokane

Reaction score
Recieved mine, and installed it today.

Super easy install. Hardest part was putting the engine cover back on. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread