5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making Me CRAZY...

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't believe the tax benefit is with the dealer...as long as you buy anything in the same state, you get the tax benefit...just like FL.
Unfortunately in GA, in order to get the tax credit(advoram tax) the trade in and purchase has to be part of the same transaction. The dealer has to file a form with state that shows all the information. I wish it was the same way as in Florida. The good part on vehicle purchase we now only pay a one time advoram tax and no sales tax at time of purchase . It used be we paid sales tax at time of purchase and then a yearly advoram tax on your birthday. What a nice birthday present

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
WOW...this thread certainly took a turn for the unexpected 😂 Actually, wife has convinced me to look at a mid-size SUV. She has a loaded Infiniti Q50 Red Sport, so need something we can use when shopping at Costco, etc. Took a look today at the Mazda CX5 Turbo and the Subaru Forester Limited. Both are very highly rated vehicles and not a bad driver for a year or so until I can figure out my next truck. What's even better is that both are offering 0% financing so I can put all of cash in the bank and just make my monthly $500-$600 monthly payments at no cost to me. Decisions...decisions:unsure:

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My spouse is preferring the RT (hemi) Durango now that she sold the Limited. She still wants something that will "get out of its own way" when needed.
IvoryHemi was happy with his Durango except he needed a bigger towing platform. I blame him for getting us interested in a hemi Durango... They aren't as small as the 2 you just described but loads more fun! :)

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My spouse is preferring the RT (hemi) Durango now that she sold the Limited. She still wants something that will "get out of its own way" when needed.
IvoryHemi was happy with his Durango except he needed a bigger towing platform. I blame him for getting us interested in a hemi Durango... They aren't as small as the 2 you just described but loads more fun! :)
Totally agree...my goal is to keep this under $35K as I don't want to invest a ton into something I really don't need and will only serve a temporary purpose until 2023.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Totally agree...my goal is to keep this under $35K as I don't want to invest a ton into something I really don't need and will only serve a temporary purpose until 2023.
Pick up a used Audi Q5 and enjoy!

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I’m going to pull the trigger and trade in my Laramie in about a week. I have my Charger to drive in for the summer (not to mention my wife Jeep), so I’m going to cash in, and use those proceeds for a down payment on my next order of a 2022 ram.

It should lower my down payments and I get to pick some items I never had (like ram box and pano sunroof).

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score

New Pathfinder that popped up on my MT inbox this morning might scratch your itch if you don't go full Platinum.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New Pathfinder that popped up on my MT inbox this morning might scratch your itch if you don't go full Platinum.
Ha..I keep looking at Ford f150 lighting, and the 3.5l turbo hybrid.

I just wish ram either updated the engine choices, or give us something that can run on electric more. I'm not buying into the etorque syste.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was curious to see the values I would get for my 2 year old Rebel, lets just say Carvana was the lowest offer, CarMax was $8,000 more! At least based on online dealerships.

Not that I would sell it, I just love the truck and honestly would be a lateral move since anything new I wanted would also be elevated in price.

But if you don't need a new vehicle, this is the time to sell.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was curious to see the values I would get for my 2 year old Rebel, lets just say Carvana was the lowest offer, CarMax was $8,000 more! At least based on online dealerships.

Not that I would sell it, I just love the truck and honestly would be a lateral move since anything new I wanted would also be elevated in price.

But if you don't need a new vehicle, this is the time to sell.
Lateral move is correct for me, that's what I'm doing, with a couple extra features and a lower monthly payment.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Wsmith

Reaction score
Not really big on FORD and would take too long to get anyway ;) Not interested in the Honda Ridgeline or the new Hyundai. Any advice on medium sized SUVs would be helpful(y)
A friend just picked up a 21 Hyundai Sonata for 22,700. AWD not sure of the trim line, but well reviewed and the best warranty around. I know you said you we not interested in the Hyundai, but damn good price.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
A friend just picked up a 21 Hyundai Sonata for 22,700. AWD not sure of the trim line, but well reviewed and the best warranty around. I know you said you we not interested in the Hyundai, but damn good price.
Thanks...need an SUV.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got my MIL into a Subaru Forester Premium for under 30K and o% about a month ago. We are on our 4th Subaru for the wife and have lots in the extended family and they are awesome cars for the money. In my book they offer great value for capability/safety/performance. I know a lot of folks hate the CVT but subaru has really worked to make it better than others. At some point this year they will likely release the forester wilderness if you can wait and want a bit more 'truck' like features.

Ramjeep

Reaction score
I'm selling my dream truck this week :( It's been a fun year and half but I'm basically walking away for free. I paid 62k last Jan ( this also included negative equity from my jeep). The Dealer I got it from is offering me 53k and I owe 51k. I'm going to go carless for a year and get a bronco when that craziness calms down. I Truly loved my truck but never used but felt like a boss driving it.

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
For $35K I would honestly look at a Tesla 3. Enough room in front & back for your Costco runs. With regards to Subaru (and I am a fan) the best ad I’ve seen for a used one stated it has brand new head gasket & will need a new head gasket. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online