5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowered 5th gens?

BadTrooper_345

Reaction score
For those wondering if 24s fit they do no scub or rub, I’m waiting on the maxtrac control arms then I’m lowering it!! And yes black Chevy reps! Thanks gm you make a sexy wheel!!

Attachments

• AF1BDC54-3D2E-435D-B160-A72305BB9EC0.jpeg
    AF1BDC54-3D2E-435D-B160-A72305BB9EC0.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 701AC900-7B02-4B7D-B580-99CECCE5C0CA.jpeg
    701AC900-7B02-4B7D-B580-99CECCE5C0CA.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 105

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For those wondering if 24s fit they do no scub or rub, I’m waiting on the maxtrac control arms then I’m lowering it!! And yes black Chevy reps! Thanks gm you make a sexy wheel!!
I really like those now that I see them on a RAM. I was on the fence about those- I guess I should’ve taken the plunge.

TittoPollito

Reaction score
24" (stock tire dia) fit even on the IHC 4/6, only issue I have had driving was the fronts hitting the fender liner on big dips at 75+ mph with the stock front struts. It does have issues getting into some of the off-road tracks around here where my kid and I race motorcycles but I am planning to raise it to a 3/5 height and that should eliminate that

Attachments

• IMG_9104.JPEG
    IMG_9104.JPEG
    126.5 KB · Views: 97

1lowcab

Reaction score
24" (stock tire dia) fit even on the IHC 4/6, only issue I have had driving was the fronts hitting the fender liner on big dips at 75+ mph with the stock front struts. It does have issues getting into some of the off-road tracks around here where my kid and I race motorcycles but I am planning to raise it to a 3/5 height and that should eliminate that
post up some pics of different angles of those rims, I really like the way they look.

BadTrooper_345

Reaction score
Found out this morning at full lock I scrubbed, but that was that last little bit lol

1lowcab

Reaction score
Did you do the full 2 inches in the front? Any camber issues?
Yeah full 2 inches. It has a slight negative camber but i ran it like that for a long time with no noticeable wear to the tires.

AWAKEN

Reaction score
Has anyone here that has lowered there truck, deleted, unplugged or removed there active air dam? I believe it auto extends around 38 MPH.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Why would you want to do that? It only helps with mpg to have the truck lowered and then the lower air damn deploy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWAKEN

Reaction score
Why would you want to do that? It only helps with mpg to have the truck lowered and then the lower air damn deploy

My concern was with a full 2 inch drop the active air dam is gonna be pretty close to the road when deployed. Just thoughts on hitting something. like maybe a opossum lol...

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I drive though heavy snow storms and haven’t had issues.

But other lifted guys removed theirs with no codes. I’m leaving mine till it breaks at least.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My concern was with a full 2 inch drop the active air dam is gonna be pretty close to the road when deployed. Just thoughts on hitting something. like maybe a opossum lol...
Mine only slightly scrubs the ground on huge dips/bumps on the interstate. I’m leaving it. It’s rubber, it will be fine and has been fine for over a year.

Users who are viewing this thread