5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited 10th Anniversary Edition Coming For The 2022 Ram 1500:

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK, decided on Ivory Tri Coat ... but struggling whether to go with this Sea Salt/Indigo trim or just stick with the Indigo/Frost ... I like the warmth the light tan adds to the interior but in the past I have appreciated a light gray interior. Anyone else struggling? I want to order fairly soon, but kind of want to see the 10th Anniversary interior in person first.
To my knowledge, Ivory/Frost is discontinued. Check the NADA guide.

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
My dealer is trying to tell me Frost/Indigo is still available. Gonna stop in and build one soon.

So they are making you go to the 10th Anniversary to get a light interior for the Limited? If that's the case I may have to reconsider exterior to Black instead of Tri Coat Ivory ... hmmm.

Sea Salt - light grey (almost cream or white)
Frost - very light tan

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer is trying to tell me Frost/Indigo is still available. Gonna stop in and build one soon.

So they are making you go to the 10th Anniversary to get a light interior for the Limited? If that's the case I may have to reconsider exterior to Black instead of Tri Coat Ivory ... hmmm.

Sea Salt - light grey (almost cream or white)
Frost - very light tan
I could be wrong, I’m just going off what the NADA Guide says. But it makes sense because the Longhorn did the same thing. I just sold my ‘21 today. Got a Defender now.

milrad

Reaction score
My dealer told me the Indigo/Frost colors are still available, but they just changed the name.

They did the same with Saddle Tan on the Limited Longhorn too supposedly.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer told me the Indigo/Frost colors are still available, but they just changed the name.

The sea salt looks more tan than the frost to me

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

The sea salt looks more tan than the frost to me

I really don't think that's the case. The longhorn lost some variations for 2021. That's what's going on here. Sea Salt is a Light Grey, not a Cream/Beige like on the 2019-2021 Limited's. It's a whole new color. 1 standard color and 1 Anniversary color for now, just like the 2021 Longhorns. Could be wrong but honestly I don't think the dealer knows what they're talking about. Review the Nada Guide.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really don't think that's the case. The longhorn lost some variations for 2021. That's what's going on here. Sea Salt is a Light Grey, not a Cream/Beige like on the 2019-2021 Limited's. It's a whole new color. 1 standard color and 1 Anniversary color for now, just like the 2021 Longhorns. Could be wrong but honestly I don't think the dealer knows what they're talking about. Review the Nada Guide.
Grey is what I meant to type. I'm dyslexic in the brain half the time 😝. Even the Indigo portion looks more muted to me but cameras pick up these colors so differently. However it looks, I prefer it to black, especially on a hot day.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Grey is what I meant to type. I'm dyslexic in the brain half the time 😝. Even the Indigo portion looks more muted to me but cameras pick up these colors so differently. However it looks, I prefer it to black, especially on a hot day.
Oh you're good my guy. I had the Indigo/Frost on my '21, from the photos, I prefer the Sea Salt over it. Light grey looks better. Just sold mine though, leased a 2022 Defender on Monday and now got Black; which I really missed.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree most dealers are talking out there *** and have no clue, they just want seem knowledgeable. I have read this on form this dealer said this and another said that. I had a dealer tell me today that ram is not taking orders for 2022 yet. When i told him yes they are and people that ordered also got their vins, and production is going start appointmently 8/7 he got mad. I do think ram trickles out info to dealerships but dont do so until it hit the main news.feeds. I have also talked to sales at Mark Dodge and they seem to know their ****. If they dont know they dont string u along.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree most dealers are talking out there *** and have no clue, they just want seem knowledgeable. I have read this on form this dealer said this and another said that. I had a dealer tell me today that ram is not taking orders for 2022 yet. When i told him yes they are and people that ordered also got their vins, and production is going start appointmently 8/7 he got mad. I do think ram trickles out info to dealerships but dont do so until it hit the main news.feeds. I have also talked to sales at Mark Dodge and they seem to know their ****. If they dont know they dont string u along.
If they don't know what tf they're talking about, either show them how they're incorrect politely or just leave if they're arrogant and rude. Works every time for me. I have the utmost respect for salesman when they say, "I don't know" rather then when they lie. Because if they do, I call them out on it.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right on. Needless to say i would not do business with them. I think the games of the dealership salesman has a high turn over rate. So a new salesman (women) come in at the 3rd quarter and i not that knowledgeable until a few years on the job, if they last that long. Like you were saying if someone ask you a question and you dont know, all u have to do is say i am unsure about that let me get someone that does know or let me find out for you!

milrad

Reaction score

I suspect you are correct. He seemed ok on the details of the 21s, but really didn't know much about the 2022s other than they could be ordered. I too had one salesman tell me just a couple weeks ago that they could not be ordered yet.

I suppose its a bad sign when in the first 30 seconds of a conversation they feel compelled to tell you what they "used to do" and why they are now selling cars and "love it." I much prefer the life-long car/truck people that are salespeople. This is my first Chrysler/FCA product ever and I'm a bit nervous about it. No way I'm using this dealer for service.

Ldante197

Reaction score
Is Shade Blue an actual color or could it have been mistaken for Patriot Blue? They do look very similar and I haven’t seen an official Ram source that mentioned it. I tried ordering a 10th anniversary in Shade Blue with my dealer and we didn’t have the option to select it. We couldn’t figure out if there was something wrong with the system or if this exclusive color was just fake news…Anyone have a clue?

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is Shade Blue an actual color or could it have been mistaken for Patriot Blue? They do look very similar and I haven’t seen an official Ram source that mentioned it. I tried ordering a 10th anniversary in Shade Blue with my dealer and we didn’t have the option to select it. We couldn’t figure out if there was something wrong with the system or if this exclusive color was just fake news…Anyone have a clue?
Fake news 😂😂😂. That’s hilarious. I use that expression all the time now.

But yeah it’s supposed to be a limited edition color. It may not be available yet to order. I’d wait till the build and price is actually up for the 2022’s on their website. Should be up anytime now, I’m thinking beginning of September.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I reached out to ram chat about shade blue shortly after those pics were released. They told me that "shade blue will be available mid cycle".

Now, that's ram chat, so take it for what it's worth.

Ldante197

Reaction score
I reached out to ram chat about shade blue shortly after those pics were released. They told me that "shade blue will be available mid cycle".

Now, that's ram chat, so take it for what it's worth.

Ha that’s funny, if I order my ram now I will have it by mid cycle. I will try ram chat tomorrow. Hopefully can figure out what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ha that’s funny, if I order my ram now I will have it by mid cycle. I will try ram chat tomorrow. Hopefully can figure out what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you contact the all-wise Ram Chat, ask them how the 2022 DT production is coming along. They told me earlier this week, and they were adamant, that it started on 8/9.

koach

Reaction score
You also get 2 more speakers (19 vs 17). I've attached what all is included in the package
Saw and sat in the 10th Anniversary Edition at the Chicago Auto Show last month. The interior is very light. and very nice. I believe that the truck is the same one that they're showing in the press photos as it's also a diesel. I also like the white frost color truck with the indigo/sky color combo, but this blue is very rich looking. I believe that I'm going to try to purchase one of these. It's that nice.

Users who are viewing this thread