5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leather dash lifting away and crating bubbles, seats peeling

Kelster70

Reaction score
I passed on a new RAM 1500 Limited because my existing one has same issue with Leather pulling away from Dash.

This should be a recall item and I'm sure could be lawyers dream mini class action for those who are refused coverage due to warranty or mileage issues.

Attachments

• Dash Leather.jpeg
    Dash Leather.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 34

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I passed on a new RAM 1500 Limited because my existing one has same issue with Leather pulling away from Dash.

This should be a recall item and I'm sure could be lawyers dream mini class action for those who are refused coverage due to warranty or mileage issues.
RECALLS ARE FOR SAFETY ISSUES ONLY! I don't know why people can't understand that. There could be a class action suit though.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score

RECALLS ARE FOR SAFETY ISSUES ONLY! I don't know why people can't understand that. There could be a class action suit though.

This and the super sub par AC are definite reasons to stay away from another purchase. Maybe the next gen will get these corrected.

Av1

Reaction score
This and the super sub par AC are definite reasons to stay away from another purchase. Maybe the next gen will get these corrected.

The leather dash issue was one of the main things that kept me from purchasing a Limited. It seems like a small thing to keep someone from buying a vehicle, but I didn't want to deal with it.

As for the air conditioning, my 2022 has been fantastic even in the triple digit summer desert temps. It has no problems cooling down on very hot days. I don't know if there were any changes to the '22 or I am just lucky.

6of36

Reaction score
The A/C was fixed long ago. They even did upgrades to the new design, under warranty for the 19s.

mikestoys

Reaction score
Just wondering if these Limited Leather dash defects were replaced under warrantee , cause my 2021 limited bubbled up today -25 month after it was built -never used armor all -windshield cover -parked outside in south Florida aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

6of36

Reaction score
Just wondering if these Limited Leather dash defects were replaced under warrantee , cause my 2021 limited bubbled up today -25 month after it was built -never used armor all -windshield cover -parked outside in south Florida aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
As long as you are under 3/36, yes.

fmjordan23

Reaction score
Have a 2019 5th Gen Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn. Also experienced dash bubbling failure at 28,000 miles...under warranty and replaced entire dash. Now 3 years later same issue on the driver side over the instrument cluster, (separate piece but only 1 part number for entire dash). Extended warranty declined coverage and working with Ram Customer Care to see if they will cover. Outcome yet to be determined, but I can tell you it will have a bearing on whether I purchase another Ram product! Very disappointing to say the least. The entire process of seeking resolution is not a positive customer experience. Mopar warranty is difficult to work with and speaking with someone who doesn't speak English is frustrating.....then to have the buck passed another time to Ram Customer Care is an oxymoron because if Ram truly cared it would not be this difficult to resolve issues!!

6of36

Reaction score
Have a 2019 5th Gen Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn. Also experienced dash bubbling failure at 28,000 miles...under warranty and replaced entire dash. Now 3 years later same issue on the driver side over the instrument cluster, (separate piece but only 1 part number for entire dash). Extended warranty declined coverage and working with Ram Customer Care to see if they will cover. Outcome yet to be determined, but I can tell you it will have a bearing on whether I purchase another Ram product! Very disappointing to say the least. The entire process of seeking resolution is not a positive customer experience. Mopar warranty is difficult to work with and speaking with someone who doesn't speak English is frustrating.....then to have the buck passed another time to Ram Customer Care is an oxymoron because if Ram truly cared it would not be this difficult to resolve issues!!
Extended warranty specifically says it does not cover soft parts, like dash, seats, door panels.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They put the same faulty part in your truck. The part hasn't been redesigned (to my knowledge). I'm not wasting my time to get mine fixed as it's not that bad and it'll happen again with the new one.

Ram1500_G

Reaction score
Found this post, glad I'm not alone. 2019 Limited, < 30k. Ramcares does not care about window leaks/shoddy work, and imagine won't care about this either.

Nice truck, very sad about the CS though. Pathetic.

Attachments

• 9657E1DE-D734-4DD6-8BFB-C4129794F755_1_105_c.jpeg
    9657E1DE-D734-4DD6-8BFB-C4129794F755_1_105_c.jpeg
    230.2 KB · Views: 18
  • A7C1FF52-31FF-4CB1-9AD6-8834C4F235A9_1_105_c.jpeg
    A7C1FF52-31FF-4CB1-9AD6-8834C4F235A9_1_105_c.jpeg
    263.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 644313E2-53D9-4BA0-8A56-8C2C81786F0C_1_105_c.jpeg
    644313E2-53D9-4BA0-8A56-8C2C81786F0C_1_105_c.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 17

VictorK

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited and I recently starting noticing my leather is pulling away from the dash and in a matter of a month it's become pretty significant. I always use a window shade on the windshield. It's also starting t crack/peel near above the upper tray where they power outlet is. Has anyone else had any issues like this? I'm going t take to a dealer to have them look at it. I'm hoping they will take one look at it and just honor it as a defect under the warranty. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue and if should expect a hard time about getting it resolved.

I also have a separate issue where the leather seats are peeling on the sides, my assumption is they will say that s normal wear and tear, which I think would be ridiculous considering the truck is only 22 months old. The interior materials just don't seem to be the quality that it should be.
View attachment 68421 View attachment 68422 View attachment 68423
View attachment 68424 View attachment 68425
I got the same issue and it happened once I bought out my lease. My vehicle has 28K miles now and they won't replace it. I called the local dealer to see if it would be covered under warranty last year before I bought it and they said NO!!!

It's crazy how a $67K truck won't warranty the shoddy construction or materials of the "Luxury" leather dash and there is no repair option other than swapping out the dash which is a major undertaking. I seen a video on youtube and it's crazy what's involved to remove the entire dash. There should be a repair with a needle to inject glue between the substrate and the leather but there isn't that I've found. So disappointed in RAM over this.

Of course it happens after I buyout the lease. Now my backup cam needed replacement and the guidance lines can't be turned on, the option in the settings menu won't allow it. Then they want $150 for map updates which are lousy to begin with. Wish I could get my google direction app on FULL screen or there should be an app I could download to ucconnect for that. This truck is a money pit but I still love the ride as it slowly falls apart under 30K miles. And their prices keep going up!

6of36

Reaction score
I got the same issue and it happened once I bought out my lease. My vehicle has 28K miles now and they won't replace it. I called the local dealer to see if it would be covered under warranty last year before I bought it and they said NO!!!

It's crazy how a $67K truck won't warranty the shoddy construction or materials of the "Luxury" leather dash and there is no repair option other than swapping out the dash which is a major undertaking. I seen a video on youtube and it's crazy what's involved to remove the entire dash. There should be a repair with a needle to inject glue between the substrate and the leather but there isn't that I've found. So disappointed in RAM over this.

Of course it happens after I buyout the lease. Now my backup cam needed replacement and the guidance lines can't be turned on, the option in the settings menu won't allow it. Then they want $150 for map updates which are lousy to begin with. Wish I could get my google direction app on FULL screen or there should be an app I could download to ucconnect for that. This truck is a money pit but I still love the ride as it slowly falls apart under 30K miles. And their prices keep going up!
If it's under 3 years, and 36,000 miles, it doesn't matter if it's a lease buyout. It should be covered. Call corporate.

DocBones

Reaction score

2019 limited here. Mine is atrocious now. Took it in right after 3/36k expired and they said no, but now it’s fully separated. I called ram customer care and initially they’re saying they’ll pay $2400 under “goodwill”. It’s a $4400 repair. Going to escalate it since I never had a problem on my 2010 1500 or two Durango r/t’s. It’s obviously a manufacturer’s defect.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
2019 limited here. Mine is atrocious now. Took it in right after 3/36k expired and they said no, but now it’s fully separated. I called ram customer care and initially they’re saying they’ll pay $2400 under “goodwill”. It’s a $4400 repair. Going to escalate it since I never had a problem on my 2010 1500 or two Durango r/t’s. It’s obviously a manufacturer’s defect.
4400 seems a bit excessive

DocBones

Reaction score
4400 seems a bit excessive
According to my service advisor, it’s about 3 days to disassemble and reassemble the ENTIRE dashboard. That’s what it took on a Trackhawk he saw done. He said this is a really rare repair or problem. I think people don’t want to fork out that kind of coin…I don’t.

Users who are viewing this thread