5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leather dash lifting away and crating bubbles, seats peeling

vmmeup

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited and I recently starting noticing my leather is pulling away from the dash and in a matter of a month it's become pretty significant. I always use a window shade on the windshield. It's also starting t crack/peel near above the upper tray where they power outlet is. Has anyone else had any issues like this? I'm going t take to a dealer to have them look at it. I'm hoping they will take one look at it and just honor it as a defect under the warranty. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue and if should expect a hard time about getting it resolved.

I also have a separate issue where the leather seats are peeling on the sides, my assumption is they will say that s normal wear and tear, which I think would be ridiculous considering the truck is only 22 months old. The interior materials just don't seem to be the quality that it should be.
20200913_075954.jpg 20200913_075957.jpg 20200913_080058.jpg
20200913_080035.jpg 20200913_080007.jpg

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nether of your issues are normal and should be repaired under warranty. There are several threads on this forum about defects in leather on dash and on peeling leather seats. Good luck.

20RAM2O

Reaction score
My 2019 Limited dash is the same way. I have an appointment Tuesday. I hope it gets replaced under warranty.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What do you use on it. It sure does look like your using a terrible product. Either way I would make sure to clean all of it off then hope the dealer will go through with a warranty claim and not blame whatever product that seems to be on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing - both sides of dash - and the plastic over the tray. Waiting for the next time I'm out by the dealer (for my windshield wiper recall) to open a ticket on this.

Surprised you use a shade and this still happened. Dealer asked me if I used one (I don't). Manual doesn't say to use one - and it didn't come with one.

First truck with leather dash - none of my previous vehicles ever had an issue. Never used a shade on any of them.

Once they replace it - I will use a shade - but until then...

This seems to be a common issue...

Rick

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Common issue? Three out of the thousands of Limiteds and Longhorns on the road. I'm sure there are more than three who've seen this, but it's too soon to call it a common issue. I don't see any issues with the dash in our Limited. I'll definitely keep an eye on it though.

Tennessee G

Reaction score
I noticed my Laramie Longhorn is separating on both sides of the dash. Dealer said this was a first for them with dash seperation and they would need to order a complete dash replacement. For what its worth, I live in TN and I don’t use a sun visor. Its parked outside during the summer.

djjr50

Reaction score
I have a big bubble on the instrument cluster cowl. Looks like I need to bring this up. I dont use Armor All...in fact, I researched on here what people use and was shocked to find that people recommended just a damp microfiber cloth for regular cleaning and maybe a conditioner every so often.

What would be nice is if they replaced it with the heads-up display cowl....!

RSConsulting

Reaction score
I have a big bubble on the instrument cluster cowl. Looks like I need to bring this up. I dont use Armor All...in fact, I researched on here what people use and was shocked to find that people recommended just a damp microfiber cloth for regular cleaning and maybe a conditioner every so often.

What would be nice is if they replaced it with the heads-up display cowl....!

Good luck with that. LOL.

I NEVER use any "greasy kid stuff" on my interiors. Damp microfiber. 25% Simple Green on stubborn things.

Rick

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damp microfiber here. Remember factory leather is already coated so it shouldn’t take much more then a damn microfiber to get it clean.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
I have the Bubbling dash problem also. Mine is always garaged. I called my dealer spoke to the warranty guy, he ordered a new dash sight unseen. The only problem is it is a "backorder" I have been waiting three weeks to date. However It Is Covered.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At least it’s covered and it’s not a crucial part preventing you from being able to drive your truck. Yeah I know it’s an eye sore though lol.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Common issue? Three out of the thousands of Limiteds and Longhorns on the road. I'm sure there are more than three who've seen this, but it's too soon to call it a common issue. I don't see any issues with the dash in our Limited. I'll definitely keep an eye on it though.
Okay, so maybe it's a little more common than I thought LOL. I'm keeping an eye on our Limited to see if this starts happening. So far so good.

mtehonica

Reaction score
Same problem here - making a service appointment this week 3288E6DA-696B-4CE9-B1F0-1C474315E7E5.jpeg 000E9BE5-C56F-4953-A573-1670DC4E94FC.jpeg 95FFF497-6B88-4A67-B2A3-D8353C0BBE1F.jpeg 07892605-F771-43E7-9935-3ABFA3E5C31E.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread