5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leather dash lifting away and crating bubbles, seats peeling

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Same issue here in 2 places caught it early and installed ceramic all around and windshield.

I also make sure to always use my window visor in the warm weather months.

If it gets to bad I’ll end up doing some interior pieces in alcantara
If they weren’t covering mine I was going to go with an ultrasuede to match my headliner too

Blackdog.Tx

Reaction score
I love how mechanics want to charge you book price for easy jobs they do quicker, and harder more annoying jobs they ignore the book rate and go crazy high. Gota love the car repair industry. The only thing the "service advisors" advise is how to separate you from your money.
Confirming your statement: At an undisclosed luxury car dealership, my friends 23 yr old son was a succeseful car salesman... and was promptly promoted to 'Lead Service Advisor' with the goal to increase repair revenue. His tactic is to gain trust by saving money on first repair or two, then the customer approves all recommended repairs.

Although private shops can be guilty, I believe small shops rely on reputation. I've had better luck with independent shops....

Good luck to all...

Users who are viewing this thread