5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Largest (tallest) tire on 2020 limited 22" rims (with air suspension)

Fatboy

Reaction score
You are correct my friend to a degree. It will cost me about $500 more to go with Discount Tire or other competing shops in my area than the RAM Dealer. The RH is 1 year @ 100% coverage (have to pay for the mount and balance) and then 50% year 2. Not great but not bad either and it's no charge. A tire rotation is only $15.99 and I plan to rotate them every 5K miles so the cost is not extreme. I have never balanced a tire for the sake of balancing a tire so there should be zero cost there unless something strange happens to a tire. I think the $500 saving far outweighs the benefits of Discount Tire unless I am missing something more my heavy friend :)
No Sir, your numbers are pretty accurate, and you are correct that I take mine in every 5-7k miles, rebalance even when I rotate them. Honestly I think it’s more Bc I can, but I’ve also gotten mores on a set of tires than the average person. I’m pretty positive it’s Bc I do rebalance, rotate, and sometimes have the tires flipped on the rim. Again, probably only Bc I can. But when I do all that, I would swear they were new tires, just Bc they rode so well. Mine are also a lot of highway miles.

trixdesigns

Reaction score
Discount Tire will price match just about anyone. I got them to price match my Ridge Grapplers to SimpleTire. SimpleTire was offering 20% off for new customers they price matched them and DT was also offering a 10% Rebate that I just received.

Find the lowest price you can find online (aside from eBay) and take it to them. You’ll likely be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Discount Tire will price match just about anyone. I got them to price match my Ridge Grapplers to SimpleTire. SimpleTire was offering 20% off for new customers they price matched them and DT was also offering a 10% Rebate that I just received.

Find the lowest price you can find online (aside from eBay) and take it to them. You’ll likely be surprised.
I did call Discount and they were willing to match as you stated above but they have no rebates now. If FCA always runs these buy 3 get 1 for $1, I may just wait for the rebate to kick in again. Not in any rush...I have only 6500 miles on my crap Goodyears.

Fatboy

Reaction score
I did call Discount and they were willing to match as you stated above but they have no rebates now. If FCA always runs these buy 3 get 1 for $1, I may just wait for the rebate to kick in again. Not in any rush...I have only 6500 miles on my crap Goodyears.
Yes. My buddy said Bc the factory’s closed down. ALL rebates on tires are no longer running. ‍♂️ But I also only run Nittos on all my trucks.

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
For those with 285/55/22 Ridge Grapplers, what PSI are you running front and back. Was thinking 36 front/38 back.

Mine should be here in a week.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
For those with 285/55/22 Ridge Grapplers, what PSI are you running front and back. Was thinking 36 front/38 back.

Mine should be here in a week.
If you call Nitto, or run the tire pressure calculator, they'll tell you between 55-57psi

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
Yeah I'm looking for user feedback. I remember reading some numbers somewhere on the forums (for some reason 36/38 stick out in my mind), but searching "PSI Ridge Grapplers" hasn't help me find those posts.

trixdesigns

Reaction score
I’ve got the 33x12.50r22 so a thicker ply and Discount Tire calculated the PSI at 60. I’ve been running that and it is a bit stiffer than OEM.

I’ve been thinking about dropping them down to 50 and see if the ride improves.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’ve got the 33x12.50r22 so a thicker ply and Discount Tire calculated the PSI at 60. I’ve been running that and it is a bit stiffer than OEM.

I’ve been thinking about dropping them down to 50 and see if the ride improves.
As I stated earlier, if you call Nitto, or use a tire pressure calculator, you will get around 57 psi. Not saying that's the end all be all pressure but, based on scientific data using load ratings of the truck, Nitto's numbers are correct. Everyone has to decide for themselves what "feels" best and how tire wear may be impacted.

Lucyassault

Reaction score
75141e7dc773cbd6d5ff47debc8bc544.jpg

On nitto grapplers Lt325/50r22. No problem with the height but the width rubs and ripped off my height suspension link on almost full inside turn. Need spacers.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
On nitto grapplers Lt325/50r22. No problem with the height but the width rubs and ripped off my height suspension link on almost full inside turn. Need spacers.
Yes...you most certainly do...325 is CRAZY wide! Did your tire shop not tell you this was too large a tire for your truck or do a test fit?

osomajor

Reaction score
Bro you have to calm down. I’m not running 305s, I'm running 285s.. I never said run that tire. You have me confused with some else short fry. You been told exactly what is what. Thread over. Love it and weep

Are these 285/55 Terra Grapplers?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Are these 285/55 Terra Grapplers?
Ridge Grapplers. If you call Nitto, and most all ire shops, they will tell you the Terra Grappler is WAY outdated technology and doesn't perform anywhere near that of the Ridge Grappler. However, the Terra G2 is a cheaper alternative but at what overall cost in performance?

osomajor

Reaction score
Bro you have to calm down. I’m not running 305s, I'm running 285s.. I never said run that tire. You have me confused with some else short fry. You been told exactly what is what. Thread over. Love it and weep
@Fatboy is that pic your truck, looks awesome. What size are those tires 285/55? Are those Terra Grappler G2s?

Users who are viewing this thread