5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Largest (tallest) tire on 2020 limited 22" rims (with air suspension)

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Actually leaning towards the Ridge Grapplers. Read excellent reviews and everyone does say they are quiet and amazing for wet/dry and off-road. I am getting prices on Toyo OC AT3 @ $370/tire; Nitto Terra G2 @ $365 and Ridge Grapplers @ $403. Therefore, not a ton of difference cost wise. Still not sure but getting closer to a decision :unsure:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
One more thing to add...based on two manufacturers I spoke with, I was specifically told to stay FAR away from the 305-45-22 tire size for the 2019-2020 RAM and stick with the 33-12.5-22. It has to do with the OEM rim size. If you use a 305-45-22, it will void the factory warranty of the tire if you go with Nitto or Toyo as the dimensions are deemed "unsafe".

Last edited:

Fatboy

Reaction score
One more thing to add...based on two manufacturers I spoke with, I was specifically told to stay FAR away from the 305-45-22 tire size for the 2019-2020 RAM and stick with the 33-12.5-22. It has to do with the OEM rim size. If you use a 305-45-22, it will void the factory warranty of the tire if you go with Nitto or Toyo as the dimensions are deemed "unsafe".

bro listen, look on Nittos website at there Truck tires. Look at the sizes and the recommended rim size. If it says it fits, it fits. On a STOCK 9 inch wheel, I would not go wider than 13.5. No one cares how tall. It’s the width that is “deemed” dangerous in your words.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Actually leaning towards the Ridge Grapplers. Read excellent reviews and everyone does say they are quiet and amazing for wet/dry and off-road. I am getting prices on Toyo OC AT3 @ $370/tire; Nitto Terra G2 @ $365 and Ridge Grapplers @ $403. Therefore, not a ton of difference cost wise. Still not sure but getting closer to a decision :unsure:
I have them on my Jeep. Bigger, though. They were real quiet 15,000 or so miles. I have 20,000 on them now and they've become noisy. It's the reason I didn't want them on the truck. I don't mind the noise on the Jeep but I want to keep the truck quiet as possible.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
bro listen, look on Nittos website at there Truck tires. Look at the sizes and the recommended rim size. If it says it fits, it fits. On a STOCK 9 inch wheel, I would not go wider than 13.5. No one cares how tall. It’s the width that is “deemed” dangerous in your words.
Bro...all I am telling you is what the Nitto Tech Support guy told me yesterday. He said our OEM rim is 9" wide. The 305-45-22 requires a minimum 9.5 (as listed on their website) and, in his words..."1/2 inch may not sound like a lot but it is in this case it can have several negative ramifications so I strongly suggest you stick with the 33's". I'm not a tire fitment engineer but I'll heed his advice. You can listen to him or not...frankly Scarlet, I don't give a damn. Not looking to get in an argument as I know a few folks already put the 305's on their trucks...my point is that this is what I was told by a manufacturer, it's on their website and you can believe them or not. Just stay safe!!!

I am headed out today to look at the Ridge Grapplers and Terra Grappler 2's in person as a local shop has a few I can look at. They said they will order the Toyo OC AT3's too and have them next week so I can look at them as well and them make my decision. It looks like business is slow so they are all having "Coronavirus Sales" and the pricing I am getting now is insanely low :D

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have them on my Jeep. Bigger, though. They were real quiet 15,000 or so miles. I have 20,000 on them now and they've become noisy. It's the reason I didn't want them on the truck. I don't mind the noise on the Jeep but I want to keep the truck quiet as possible.
Thanks...you may have just convinced me to steer clear of the Ridge and narrow it down to the Terra Grappler G2 and the Toyo AT3...I don't want to regret my purchase in 15-20K miles and get pissed at myself for not listening to you (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/