5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Largest (tallest) tire on 2020 limited 22" rims (with air suspension)

LGBarnett

Reaction score
Here you go...
Again, these are 33x12.5R22 Nitto Terra Grappler's. I had the OEM wheels powder coated in "ink" colored polished black.

I have plans to add 2 inch spacers and a 2 inch leveling kit.

View attachment 38855 View attachment 38854 View attachment 38843 View attachment 38845 View attachment 38847 View attachment 38850 View attachment 38851 View attachment 38852 View attachment 38853
How do they ride on highway compared to the factory touring tires.

anthgulla

Reaction score
Sorry to join the party late...
I am running the Nitto 305/50/22 ... they stand just a little over 34 inches tall. As long as I have my air suspension set at "normal" height or higher I do not have any rubbing issues. In the lower settings I had a slight rub in reverse while turning sharp (like backing into a parking space). However, I have trimmed the plastic that caused the rub and all is good in that regard. Final thing to think about... in the lowest height setting, when turning to full lock the sidewall is about 1/8 of an inch from the plastic arm that helps control the ride height. Hope all this helps.

May be the angle.. but it looks like the 305 is too wide for those rims. Which may help cause rubbing. Maybe a 285 or 290.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raminit

Reaction score

Its a firmer ride for sure. if you’re trying to keep the stock luxury ride dont go too big. If you can stay away from the 10 ply the ride would be closer to stock. I love the way they look but if I could do it over I’d get the Nitto 420V’s to keep that luxurious ride

Last edited:

TexasEcoDiesel

Reaction score
Sorry to join the party late...
I am running the Nitto 305/50/22 ... they stand just a little over 34 inches tall. As long as I have my air suspension set at "normal" height or higher I do not have any rubbing issues. In the lower settings I had a slight rub in reverse while turning sharp (like backing into a parking space). However, I have trimmed the plastic that caused the rub and all is good in that regard. Final thing to think about... in the lowest height setting, when turning to full lock the sidewall is about 1/8 of an inch from the plastic arm that helps control the ride height. Hope all this helps.

Truck looks great. What brand running boards are those? I like how low profile they are.

Captain Stack

Reaction score
The Terra Grapplers are less aggressive than the Ridge Grapplers. I went with the Terra's just to get a better highway ride. They are really great on the highway, not much louder than stock and certainly more sure footed at any speed. This is my second set of Terra's (I had some on my 2009 Ram), and they wear really good. You can get 50K miles out of them!

H.Kyle

Reaction score
May be the angle.. but it looks like the 305 is too wide for those rims. Which may help cause rubbing. Maybe a 285 or 290.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
its just the picture... the manager at Discount Tire spent a lot of time with the truck, the tires, and me during the test fit to make sure everything would be safe for me to roll out of his shop.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's what I think I've decided on. Any rubbing? Are they 305/45/22? How do they ride?
They are 305 /45r22 and I haven't had a rub, yet. Improved ride from the marginally taller sidewall.

Do better? That's purely personal preference. I've owned plenty of Goodyear tires over 50+ years of driving. I haven't had any complaints. I replaced Goodyears that were wearing good and I'd gotten most of the life out of them and they were bad for winter driving. These Forteras are quiet, they are better in the snow and I like the looks.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Do better? That's purely personal preference. I've owned plenty of Goodyear tires over 50+ years of driving. I haven't had any complaints. I replaced Goodyears that were wearing good and I'd gotten most of the life out of them and they were bad for winter driving. These Forteras are quiet, they are better in the snow and I like the looks.
Not personal preference at all but based on empirical data through testing related to how well a tire handles in dry, wet and snowy conditions. Goodyear are good tires and I am not saying they aren't. However, my comment stems from the fact that there are better performing tires for our trucks that also look good.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not personal preference at all but based on empirical data through testing related to how well a tire handles in dry, wet and snowy conditions. Goodyear are good tires and I am not saying they aren't. However, my comment stems from the fact that there are better performing tires for our trucks that also look good.
I couldn't find a better customer rated 305 /45r22 on Tire Rack or Discount Tire when I initially started looking for an all season tire for my truck. There aren't a lot of choices.... And like I stated I've never had an issue with Goodyears. I even used Goodyear slicks on this. Had to use Hoosiers for the street. 1387245442842.jpg

pinkerton

Reaction score
I couldn't find a better customer rated 305 /45r22 on Tire Rack or Discount Tire when I initially started looking for an all season tire for my truck. There aren't a lot of choices.... And like I stated I've never had an issue with Goodyears. I even used Goodyear slicks on this. Had to use Hoosiers for the street. View attachment 47697
What about the Sumitomo HTR Enhanced CX2? It seems to rate better than the Forterra (the Forterra is slightly better on wet/dry traction

1582736242139.png
1582736355923.png

Users who are viewing this thread