5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Left Vehicle Feature (Three Horn Chirp)

How do you feel about it?

• Total voters

1923bob

Reaction score
They are crazy now. I got out after witnessing an accident to talk to the cops. I left it running while I talked to them with the door open. After 5 or 10 minutes, the truck shut off, and locked the parking brake. I got back in and restarted the truck. Parking brake would not release. I kept trying every thing to get it to release. No luck. I had to shut the truck off, take seat belt off, open and close the door, reinstall seat belt, and restart the engine before it would move.
Modern technology don't you just love it ?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Modern technology don't you just love it ?
The rest doesn't bother me, except having door closed and belt on to move. I put Mothers ceramic on today, and had to back up a couple feet to do front, then back up after. Pain in the a$$ to move 5 feet.

TheSasquatch

Reaction score
OTA Update to add "Enable / Disable" functionality for this please RAM (Stellantis)!
Just bury it in the menus if it's somehow viewed as a vital "safety feature" and those who wish to disable can do so.
** Note: I sold my 2019 F-150 Platinum largely because of this feature (not exaggerating). But, then, found out it could be disabled in Forscan software on Fords.

Thanks in advance for actually listening to the customer here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/