5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Fobs and LED interference

CobraKai

Reaction score
I’ve had Lasfit cargo and 3rd brake leds in my 2020 ram since day one and don’t have any issues with the fob not detecting. Been in about 9 months now.
I had them for a few months on my 2020 Limited, no issues. Then one bulb dimmed, they sent me out a new bulb and thats when I started having key fob issues. Any time I unlocked the truck with the key fob and cargo light came on it would not detect the key fob to start until light went off. I got the 2021 Mopar LED light from a guy for 200 bucks on Facebook. he's sold a few to other guys as well. No issues now.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had them for a few months on my 2020 Limited, no issues. Then one bulb dimmed, they sent me out a new bulb and thats when I started having key fob issues. Any time I unlocked the truck with the key fob and cargo light came on it would not detect the key fob to start until light went off. I got the 2021 Mopar LED light from a guy for 200 bucks on Facebook. he's sold a few to other guys as well. No issues now.
Does the guy selling the mopar led lights have more? I’d buy one at that price!

Stryker6040

Reaction score
Ok guys your all missing a huge step.
First our trucks can come with LED lights. Their is programming that MUST BE ENABLED for things to not get stupid. Regular lights have voltage differences and LED forward voltage difference when not seen the BCM will go nuts. Get Alfa OBD and go to BCM go to the LED light section and enable CHMSL led present yes. Rather NO.
Your welcome.
If your in western mass, happy to help seeing I have the hardware
What version is better for alpha, Android or PC

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What version is better for alpha, Android or PC
Depends on your preference.

They are pretty much the same except one of them you can use your cell phone/tablet if it's Android.

I have an iPhone so I have the Windows version and use my laptop since that's my only option (I quit Android years ago). It's obviously more bulky to handle in/around the cab but I like the bigger screen. I also put my BCM list in a Word document so I can toggle back and forth between that and AlfaOBD as I'm changing things to make notes.

Last edited:

KWeeks

Reaction score
Who is the person who sells the light for $200 on Facebook? I’d like to purchase one

Netsurfer2

Reaction score
Anybody using 3rd brake LED from Lasfit? Does it interference with our FOB?
I have used the Lasfit versions for my 2019 RAM 1500 4x4 and it does have issues when I replaced my original 3rd brake light with the Lasfit LED version. Someone said something about having to use resisters with the LED bulbs is what the problem is. Some brands out there have resisters built within them that won't cause any problems like the Lasfit versions.

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
Just installed these on my 3rd truck in a row. Work perfectly, no issues, and very bright. Takes a few minutes to put in.

Tdb94tim

Reaction score
Just installed these on my 3rd truck in a row. Work perfectly, no issues, and very bright. Takes a few minutes to put in.

Have these continued to work for you with no key fob interference?

jzinckgra

Reaction score
I seem to have the same issue with my cargo lights and FOB issue. So did Ram knowingly put inferior LED bulbs in for the cargo lights, otherwise how would this not get tested/picked up before truck was released.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These are aftermarket LEDs. The DT 1500 did not get LED cargo lights until 2022 MY.

2019-2021 trucks came with incandescent bulbs in the CHSML (cargo and brake lights).

jzinckgra

Reaction score
These are aftermarket LEDs. The DT 1500 did not get LED cargo lights until 2022 MY.

2019-2021 trucks came with incandescent bulbs in the CHSML (cargo and brake lights).
Great, thanks. I'll get some better leds.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
I upgraded mine to some high quality units from Diode Dynamics after seeing great reviews on this forum. I now have Key Fob errors that are getting worse each day. So much for that idea...

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I upgraded mine to some high quality units from Diode Dynamics after seeing great reviews on this forum. I now have Key Fob errors that are getting worse each day. So much for that idea...
Damn this has me worried now, I just upgraded my 3rd brake and cargo lights to the diode dynamics LED about a week ago, so far no problem, did you have the issue immediately or did it suddenly start happening after a while?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Damn this has me worried now, I just upgraded my 3rd brake and cargo lights to the diode dynamics LED about a week ago, so far no problem, did you have the issue immediately or did it suddenly start happening after a while?
I have had the diode dynamics for the reverse lights/cargo lights but not the brake light (CHMSL) for some time, no issues, $85.75 cost with shp and a discount.
Cargo Light LEDs for 2011-2020 Ram 1500/2500/3500 (pair)

SKU: DD0394P

ColorCool White (6000K)Bulb ModelXPR (720 lumens)

Users who are viewing this thread