5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Fobs and LED interference

Shives

Reaction score
Guys... lol.
Lasfit sold lights for the CHMSL that interfere with the RF, being a new company and new vehicle... bound to have some areas of learning. Now, I’ve since and posted up the resolve from Lasfit! If you’ve purchased the regular LED bulbs from Lasfit, prior to last week, then you’ll want to contact for an exchange. The light that will exchange you with are more can-bus compliant and work. I’ve had them, testing them in my truck now for 1.5 weeks. No key fob errors.

Also to the person who replace the bulbs back to “stock-ish” did you re-program your truck back to stock lighting ?

again, part of swapping ANY bulb is programming your truck properly to take the bulb Itself. In order to do this proper you need Alfaobd and a harness. Or Tazer.
Must Set lights to proper LED.

To those who have lost functions after installing flash type bulbs... Again, did you program? And what exactly did you turn on and or off! I’m also noticing that Android version of Alfa may not be as good as windows version. And the adapter makes a difference. Not huge. But, mix it all up, hit the wrong switch, and you may loose functions.

once again, anyone with Lasfit, contact them, swap your bulbs! They will be just like the DD versions, but not destroying your wallet to get them. As well, they swapped me for free. So, don’t be a goofball and buy DD lights of you have yet to swap out your Lasfit bulbs.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been running Lastfit in the 2019 and both 2020 Rams with ZERO issues.

Shives

Reaction score
I've been running Lastfit in the 2019 and both 2020 Rams with ZERO issues.
Well lucky you! Not everyone has had the same results. And who knows what bulbs you have from Lasfit. I am glad to hear your not having issues! My issues are now gone... Only thing I’ll be working on is getting my distance back from my remote.
Two ways I’m looking at this.
1. Idata link with OEM
2. Going back to stock bulbs and replacing them 1 by 1. I know my CHMSL is good now, but I’m getting interference at long distances.
My guess seeings I did all the bulbs.. Head light and or tail lights causing issues and interference.
But I can live with it being I don’t have any keyfob errors anymore.

so crazy that some little lights will boof up our trucks so well! It’s funny.

popcenator

Reaction score
I have Lasfit bulbs in my third brake light and heaven no issues as well. I also had every bulb in my 2012 switched Lasfit LEDs with no issues.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hoboandjack

Reaction score
Guys... lol.
Lasfit sold lights for the CHMSL that interfere with the RF, being a new company and new vehicle... bound to have some areas of learning. Now, I’ve since and posted up the resolve from Lasfit! If you’ve purchased the regular LED bulbs from Lasfit, prior to last week, then you’ll want to contact for an exchange. The light that will exchange you with are more can-bus compliant and work. I’ve had them, testing them in my truck now for 1.5 weeks. No key fob errors.

Also to the person who replace the bulbs back to “stock-ish” did you re-program your truck back to stock lighting ?

again, part of swapping ANY bulb is programming your truck properly to take the bulb Itself. In order to do this proper you need Alfaobd and a harness. Or Tazer.
Must Set lights to proper LED.

To those who have lost functions after installing flash type bulbs... Again, did you program? And what exactly did you turn on and or off! I’m also noticing that Android version of Alfa may not be as good as windows version. And the adapter makes a difference. Not huge. But, mix it all up, hit the wrong switch, and you may loose functions.

once again, anyone with Lasfit, contact them, swap your bulbs! They will be just like the DD versions, but not destroying your wallet to get them. As well, they swapped me for free. So, don’t be a goofball and buy DD lights of you have yet to swap out your Lasfit bulbs.
Negative didn’t reprogram why would I halogens to halogens ??? It’s not the programming that is interfering with the truck from what I gather on this forum we have concluded it’s RF signals produced from the lights all I’m saying is it’s not just LED lights. I tried with white halogens and still had issues again going back to the halogens that came with the truck 0 issues.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well lucky you! Not everyone has had the same results. And who knows what bulbs you have from Lasfit. I am glad to hear your not having issues! My issues are now gone... Only thing I’ll be working on is getting my distance back from my remote.
Two ways I’m looking at this.
1. Idata link with OEM
2. Going back to stock bulbs and replacing them 1 by 1. I know my CHMSL is good now, but I’m getting interference at long distances.
My guess seeings I did all the bulbs.. Head light and or tail lights causing issues and interference.
But I can live with it being I don’t have any keyfob errors anymore.

so crazy that some little lights will boof up our trucks so well! It’s funny.
Perhaps we have different Lasfit bulbs as I've had Lasfit in our 2019 and our two 2020's without issue. These are what I utilized and they have performed flawlessly for the bulbs or the truck. Fobs have never malfunctioned.

Rear Tail/Stop Light (Red): https://www.lasfit.com/products/7443-7444-canbus-error-free-led-turn-signal-light-bulb-brilliant-red
Reverse Light (White): https://www.lasfit.com/products/lasfit-7443-7440-white-led-bulb
Cargo Light (White): https://www.lasfit.com/collections/...-mount-stop-dome-light-bulbs-6000k-pure-white
3RD Brake Light (Red): https://www.lasfit.com/collections/...stop-dome-reverse-trunk-light-bulbs-6000k-red

I know at least a dozen other guys here in Houston (friends from work, church, etc.) who have the exact same bulbs and no issues. Something doesn't make sense that some work fine and others have problems. Hope the new bulbs solve the problems for all as I’m certain it is frustrating.

Last edited:

Srcargill

Reaction score
Lasfit changed their site to not recommending the T15 Red for your 3RD Brake Light, https://www.lasfit.com/collections/...stop-dome-reverse-trunk-light-bulbs-6000k-red.
It how recommends - https://www.lasfit.com/products/can...sule-headlamps~dz_cargo-light-3rd-brake-light.
This is more expensive but it supposed to solve the issue with key fobs not being detected.

I purchased a week ago before the bulb recommendation change, had issues with my key fob, and they contacted me after my purchase to see my satisfaction. I appreciate this proactive communication btw and they are offering me for $10 to get the upgraded version, shipping included. So a decent fix by them but this thread has been going on for awhile. Surprised it took them this long to fully switch the type of bulb they recommend.

Love all the Lasfit LED bulbs I have purchased!

drect

Reaction score
Not to rain on DD parade but I installed all 3 DD 921 XPR led bulbs yesterday and I got the key fob not detected this morning. I did remote start from inside house, truck started up fine, got the fob message when in the truck. Could not get it going so cancelled remote start on fob and with fob back in the pocket it started right up.

Shives

Reaction score
I’ve been working with Lasfit directly with this issue. The new system should take care of this. I’ve been running them for weeks now, with no issues.
So by all means, go for the other bulbs. Few of you have sent me a message directly and gave you the part numbers. The new edition to the web site is due to my trial and error testing.

techno96

Reaction score
I contacted them and gave them my amazon order number, they swapped them for $10, didn't even ask for the old ones back.

pitboss000

Reaction score
They charged me 23.50 for the CHMSL and cargo light upgrades.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Laramie, swapped in lasfit cargo and 3rd brake light bulbs. I have been getting key fob not detected when the fob is in my pocket. Also the truck won’t lock from the fob once I exit it for like 30 seconds then I walk back towards the truck a little and it will finally lock..taking the las fits out and putting the stock bulbs back in to see if it fixes the issue.

Shives

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Laramie, swapped in lasfit cargo and 3rd brake light bulbs. I have been getting key fob not detected when the fob is in my pocket. Also the truck won’t lock from the fob once I exit it for like 30 seconds then I walk back towards the truck a little and it will finally lock..taking the las fits out and putting the stock bulbs back in to see if it fixes the issue.
Seems like you follow the forums, please contact Lasfit directly. Tell them your from 5thgenrams mention my name if you want. We came up with a fix for this about a month ago. I’ve been running the new bulbs for little over a month. No keyfob issues. But, you may have some distance issues. Make sure you program your truck to work with the LED bulbs.

Srcargill

Reaction score
Seems like you follow the forums, please contact Lasfit directly. Tell them your from 5thgenrams mention my name if you want. We came up with a fix for this about a month ago. I’ve been running the new bulbs for little over a month. No keyfob issues. But, you may have some distance issues. Make sure you program your truck to work with the LED bulbs.
This may be a dumb question but how do you program your truck to work with LEDs?

I have a 19 Ram Bighorn. It came stock with all Halo's minus some interior lights cause it has a sunroof. I had the old 3rd brake light bulbs that Lasfit recommended, had issues, got the new ones they now recommend, but still having slight issues with my fob. The issue I now have is when I unlock my car with the fob I can't lock it until the cargo lights turn off. Takes about a 30 to 45 seconds or more. Hopefully reprogramming to led lights in the computer system is the solve here.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

LakesAZ

Reaction score
I received my replacement new version CHMSL LED from Lasfit and installed it yesterday. So far so good, no Key Fob issues at all. I also scrapped of the cheap foam seal and installed a rubber seal to keep the dreaded water leak away.

LakesAZ

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but how do you program your truck to work with LEDs?

I have a 19 Ram Bighorn. It came stock with all Halo's minus some interior lights cause it has a sunroof. I had the old 3rd brake light bulbs that Lasfit recommended, had issues, got the new ones they now recommend, but still having slight issues with my fob. The issue I now have is when I unlock my car with the fob I can't lock it until the cargo lights turn off. Takes about a 30 to 45 seconds or more. Hopefully reprogramming to led lights in the computer system is the solve here.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk
It must be a programming issue as I have the old Lasfit cargo lights and do not have any problem locking my doors. When I open a door, or use the fob to unlock the interior lights and the cargo lights come on. When I close the door and use the button on the handle to lock it, or I use my fob to lock it does it immediately. But my truck has LED lights standard so the issue must be with the programming.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Put Auxito LED headlights in my Ram ($36 on Amazon). Works great without any issues. Maybe their version of interior lights, etc might be just as good...? Just a thought...

Maxx

Reaction score
I received my replacement new version CHMSL LED from Lasfit and installed it yesterday. So far so good, no Key Fob issues at all. I also scrapped of the cheap foam seal and installed a rubber seal to keep the dreaded water leak away.
Can you send info for rubber seal, I want to also replace seal. Thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online