5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Fobs and LED interference

LakesAZ

Reaction score
Can you send info for rubber seal, I want to also replace seal. Thx.
Sure, this is available at Home Depot. It takes time and goo gone to clean the foam off the cargo and stop light fixture, but I doubt I will have a leak problem now, not that I did before.

LakesAZ

Reaction score
This is the one you want to get

M-D Building Products 19/32 in. x 10 ft. EPDM Cellular Rubber Auto and Marine Weatherstrip

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I replaced the old Lasfit bulb with the new version and no issues. Then again, I didn’t have any issues with the previous version.

New version photos below:

image.jpg image.jpg

1500DFW

Reaction score
So Lastfit haw two different 921 bulbs and each come in red and white. They’re descriptions on Amazon and their website differ on which is used for the cargo or brake light. Can some of you who’ve used them successfully confirm if you used the larger silver bulbs or the smaller gold ones? Or a combination of both? Also to confirm if we are getting the new updated bulbs do we need to buy directly from Lastfit or is the Amazon stock updated as well? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So Lastfit haw two different 921 bulbs and each come in red and white. They’re descriptions on Amazon and their website differ on which is used for the cargo or brake light. Can some of you who’ve used them successfully confirm if you used the larger silver bulbs or the smaller gold ones? Or a combination of both? Also to confirm if we are getting the new updated bulbs do we need to buy directly from Lastfit or is the Amazon stock updated as well? Thanks.

The bulb I have in my post above yours is the new bulb and is available directly from Amazon. I found it to be less expensive than ordering from Lasfit.
The bulb is for the 19/20/21 Ram 1500 DT, is red when illuminated and works perfectly.

Below is the OLD style...you need the new style in my post above:

image.jpg

Last edited:

1500DFW

Reaction score
The bulb I have in my post above yours is the new bulb and is available directly from Amazon. I found it to be less expensive than ordering from Lasfit.
The bulb is for the 19/20/21 Ram 1500 DT, is red when illuminated and works perfectly.

Thanks. Did you replace your cargo lights as well?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No. Lasfit has indicated only the 3rd brake light bulb needs to be replaced with the new version. If you have the old version, call them and they will give you a discount on the new one.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No. Lasfit has indicated only the 3rd brake light bulb needs to be replaced with the new version. If you have the old version, call them and they will give you a discount on the new one.

I notice it’s either the brake light or bed lights. If bed light is on, I just manually shut it off and I’m good to go.

LakesAZ

Reaction score
I spoke to soon on my Lasfit Cargo lights. If I open the door and the cargo light goes on, then without closing the door I press the start/stop button, it gives a Key not Detected. If I close the door, no problem, if I turn off the cargo light by pushing the button on the light switch, no problem. So what is the fix for that?

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I spoke to soon on my Lasfit Cargo lights. If I open the door and the cargo light goes on, then without closing the door I press the start/stop button, it gives a Key not Detected. If I close the door, no problem, if I turn off the cargo light by pushing the button on the light switch, no problem. So what is the fix for that?
Diode dynamics.

JPena

Reaction score
I have a 2021 ram 1500 big horn and I purchased the cargo light and 3rd brake light package on black Friday.. And I started having the same key fob issue.I took the brake light LED off and installed the regular bulb and I am still having the issuus with just the cargo lights

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2021 ram 1500 big horn and I purchased the cargo light and 3rd brake light package on black Friday.. And I started having the same key fob issue.I took the brake light LED off and installed the regular bulb and I am still having the issuus with just the cargo lights

It’s all 3.. I don’t know who’s saying it’s not

LakesAZ

Reaction score
It’s all 3.. I don’t know who’s saying it’s not

Yes, it is all 3, the brake light and the cargo lights. Lasfit may not have issues with their LED’s in other brands but it does cause problems in the RAM trucks.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just traded in my 2020 bighorn which had lasfit led’s in the cargo, 3rd brake light, all interior, and reverse light positions. I never once had any issues with interference. I’ve got the lasfit 3rd brake light led in my Laramie now and haven’t had any issues so far. The cargo lights should be here in a few days and I will report back if I encounter any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread