5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key fob programming

Infinitech

Reaction score
Well, I have tried with 4 different scan tools, with Auto Auth and with a Security gateway bypass cable, Jscan and AlfaOBD. I have a new factory key that I purchased at the dealer. They gave me a 4 digit pin at the time I purchased it. Jscan and Alfaobd are both able to extract a 5 digit pin from the truck. I purchased a OBD LinkMX+ for Jscan and AlfaOBD use. Jscan is on my Ipad. AlfaOBD is on my windows laptop. I no longer have an Android phone or tablet anymore so I can't try that combo.
So long story short, I have been unsuccessful at adding a Key to my truck. (bought it a couple months ago with one key). Tomorrow, I'm getting it programmed by a key vendor. On both Alfa and Jscan, they will get me to the step that says to touch the key to the start button and they both have the error: Fobik is not Blank.
My truck is a 2022 Ram Limited with 6 button key fob. Lock, Unlock, Remote start, Panic, Tailgate and Air suspension buttons. Even though I haven't succeeded at programming, I am open to suggestions and would like to hear how anyone else succeeded.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
Ma
Well, I have tried with 4 different scan tools, with Auto Auth and with a Security gateway bypass cable, Jscan and AlfaOBD. I have a new factory key that I purchased at the dealer. They gave me a 4 digit pin at the time I purchased it. Jscan and Alfaobd are both able to extract a 5 digit pin from the truck. I purchased a OBD LinkMX+ for Jscan and AlfaOBD use. Jscan is on my Ipad. AlfaOBD is on my windows laptop. I no longer have an Android phone or tablet anymore so I can't try that combo.
So long story short, I have been unsuccessful at adding a Key to my truck. (bought it a couple months ago with one key). Tomorrow, I'm getting it programmed by a key vendor. On both Alfa and Jscan, they will get me to the step that says to touch the key to the start button and they both have the error: Fobik is not Blank.
My truck is a 2022 Ram Limited with 6 button key fob. Lock, Unlock, Remote start, Panic, Tailgate and Air suspension buttons. Even though I haven't succeeded at programming, I am open to suggestions and would like to hear how anyone else succeeded.
ke sure the working fob is not near the truck when trying to program the new fob, otherwise it may read the old fob and tell you it’s not blank

Users who are viewing this thread