5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key fob programming

Captain Tractor

Reaction score
I just used JScan to retrieve my 5 digit PIN. The instruction tell you to turn the ignition off but after several failed attempts while screwing around I tried it with the ignition on and hazards on and it spit out my 5 digit PIN. I then used the PIN to program my new key fob (Made out of chinesium) and it it worked flawlessly. I am ending on a high note for tonight but as a weekend project I will try to enable remote start.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just used JScan to retrieve my 5 digit PIN. The instruction tell you to turn the ignition off but after several failed attempts while screwing around I tried it with the ignition on and hazards on and it spit out my 5 digit PIN. I then used the PIN to program my new key fob (Made out of chinesium) and it it worked flawlessly. I am ending on a high note for tonight but as a weekend project I will try to enable remote start.
Nicely done. What vehicle did you choose to program the keys fob with jscan?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I guess that would be relevant information. I have a 2023 Ram 2500 with the Cummings diesel.

I hope that's autocorrect or a typo.

Cummins.

Yes, it's been proven for some time now that we can program FOBs on the HD's with JScan. Did mine back in Sep 23.

Posting the current HD procedures on the 5thgen site just confuses everyone.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Alright…
Finally grabbed a handful of fobs from eBay and successfully programmed to 2019+ 5th GEN Ram 1500 using only JScan.
All steps were done without ever putting the ignition in ACC or RUN position, and all working fobs were left in the house (so I could verify that JScan can program for an “all fobs lost” situation).
Connect to Ram DT 1500, then go to adaptation > radio frequency hub settings > RFH pin reading beta > target value = ram 2019-2023 > go.
When the following screen pops up, just turn the hazards on. Don’t bother opening and closing the door and don’t worry about the instrument cluster:
IMG_0689.jpeg
Once the pin is read, a screen pops up that says put ignition in run- don’t touch the ignition switch, just press OK, and it will say successful, and you’ll be left with this screen:
IMG_0685.jpeg

Press back to go back to the list of radio frequency hub settings, and choose RFH ignition key programming (pase) beta.
Keep clicking GO until you get to the screen to enter the PIN, and enter it.

Keep pressing GO for the next few screens, note that the unlock button press is mentioned, but will not be performed:
IMG_0691.jpeg
IMG_0692.jpeg

This next screen is where the programming happens, so once you get to this one, just start pressing the ignition button with the fob:
IMG_0693.jpeg
And after a few seconds of that:
IMG_0687.jpeg

These are the fobs I use:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Alright…
Finally grabbed a handful of fobs from eBay and successfully programmed to 2019+ 5th GEN Ram 1500 using only JScan.
All steps were done without ever putting the ignition in ACC or RUN position, and all working fobs were left in the house (so I could verify that JScan can program for an “all fobs lost” situation).
Connect to Ram DT 1500, then go to adaptation > radio frequency hub settings > RFH pin reading beta > target value = ram 2019-2023 > go.
When the following screen pops up, just turn the hazards on. Don’t bother opening and closing the door and don’t worry about the instrument cluster:
View attachment 185176
Once the pin is read, a screen pops up that says put ignition in run- don’t touch the ignition switch, just press OK, and it will say successful, and you’ll be left with this screen:
View attachment 185177

Press back to go back to the list of radio frequency hub settings, and choose RFH ignition key programming (pase) beta.

Keep pressing GO for the next few screens, note that the unlock button press is mentioned, but will not be performed:
View attachment 185178
View attachment 185179

This next screen is where the programming happens, so once you get to this one, just start pressing the ignition button with the fob:
View attachment 185180
View attachment 185181

You are the man @Jimmy07 ! Thank you !!!

cmarrero30

Reaction score
Alright…
View attachment 185176
View attachment 185177

View attachment 185178
View attachment 185179

View attachment 185180
View attachment 185181

Alright…
View attachment 185176
View attachment 185177

View attachment 185178
View attachment 185179

View attachment 185180
View attachment 185181

I tried the way the app tells you and the way @Jimmy07 says to do it. no luck either way...two fobs, same luck....i am using the android phone app....maybe that's the issue? also using OBDLink® MX+ and SGW.

Users who are viewing this thread