5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just sold to Vroom...

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Autonation was about halfway between KBB and Vroom and when I told him (AutoNation) that, he said he'd beat Vroom's offer by $500.

That’s interesting. When I sold my Durango in March AutoNation was the lowest by about $2,000

When I said no, they emailed me an “extra $500”, do still $1,500 short I emailed them back the Carvana offer and AutoNation said “we can’t touch that, let me know if it doesn’t work out”

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is that good or bad?
It's less than what I paid. I didn't intend to sell it anyway. Vroom did ok for me with the Jeep I sold them in anticipation of my Ram coming. Got what I paid for it after 6 months.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's less than what I paid. I didn't intend to sell it anyway. Vroom did ok for me with the Jeep I sold them in anticipation of my Ram coming. Got what I paid for it after 6 months.
Yeah I ran my Big horn ecodiesel through all 3 and thought they were low. My guess is because there are a lot more big horns available than the higher trims. Even though in my case ecodiesels of any kind are hard to find around here

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
That’s interesting. When I sold my Durango in March AutoNation was the lowest by about $2,000

When I said no, they emailed me an “extra $500”, do still $1,500 short I emailed them back the Carvana offer and AutoNation said “we can’t touch that, let me know if it doesn’t work out”
Hmm, strange how the market changes.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let my offer expired. Figured I'd try it again today and seem if they offer me more. It appears their site is down?

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Let my offer expired. Figured I'd try it again today and seem if they offer me more. It appears their site is down?
They would go down or unable to connect when I was trying last week. Maybe the hackers are going to hit them next…

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Well, ha ha… I have always (well pretty much) put the truck on the 4 amp charger every week due to non-use. Well I went 2 weeks and today putting in a screwdriver (to take plates off on Monday) the side steps didn’t deploy…. ‘Hmmm, they always deploy.’ 🤔

So I check the battery, 2.3 volts…😱😬
Guess it’s a sign to sell it and let AutoNation deal with the battery replacement…. Good thing it’s a 4 hour drive to get it there, that should give it enough of a surface charge to stay up overnight!

So peeps, be aware that these OEM batteries aren’t so great, as has been reported in other threads. My bad to not keep it charged but my 14’ Ford never has an issue…

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well, ha ha… I have always (well pretty much) put the truck on the 4 amp charger every week due to non-use. Well I went 2 weeks and today putting in a screwdriver (to take plates off on Monday) the side steps didn’t deploy…. ‘Hmmm, they always deploy.’ 🤔

So I check the battery, 2.3 volts…😱😬
Guess it’s a sign to sell it and let AutoNation deal with the battery replacement…. Good thing it’s a 4 hour drive to get it there, that should give it enough of a surface charge to stay up overnight!

So peeps, be aware that these OEM batteries aren’t so great, as has been reported in other threads. My bad to not keep it charged but my 14’ Ford never has an issue…
What year is the Ram you're selling? I've read about a lot of 2019's having issues with the OEM batteries, but not much of anything about 2020 or 2021 models.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Two winters and nearly 17,000 miles ago, my truck was marked down to $39,900. Vroom has offered me $43,850 for it this week, one local dealer has offered $43,000 and a second local dealer offered $44,000.

I've been actually missing my Jeep Gladiator quite a bit, and I found a dealer near Nashville that sells to forum members for 6% below invoice no questions asked (8% if you have a Tread Lightly membership). So I took this insane used truck trade-in value, took the 6% off invoice price on a new Jeep, and ordered exactly what I wanted (Overland, EcoDiesel, several bells and whistles). The Gladiator trucks are leasing at well over 70% residual which is just nuts. You're talking dirt cheap payments on a nearly $60k truck. By the time my new lease is up, things will have settled down and the mid-cycle refresh trucks will be out. Maybe even electric.

Right now is an insane time in the car world. If there's something else you've been wanting to drive, do it now!

It keeps going up. I just got another offer from a dealership here in Kentucky for $47,000. That's $7,000 more than I gave for the truck two winters and 17,000 miles ago. Craziness.

I'm going to take the offer, but I have two dealers now in a bidding war so we'll see how this shakes out.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
It keeps going up. I just got another offer from a dealership here in Kentucky for $47,000. That's $7,000 more than I gave for the truck two winters and 17,000 miles ago. Craziness.

I'm going to take the offer, but I have two dealers now in a bidding war so we'll see how this shakes out.
I can hear the auctioneer now... "48 48 48 here's 48 now 49. 49, 49 there's 49... 60, 60, going once for 60."

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
This shee-it is sure crazy. How are peeps going to pay for these trucks after the dealers mark them up? Are people that desperate for a 2 yr old pickup that they can't wait? Can you get a loan on a 2 yr old truck that costs 20-25% more than it did new?
I get it if yours was stolen or wrecked and you use it daily for work but no other really good reason comes to mind.

That's why we are waiting instead of overpaying for a 4x2 lot leftover that was built in August or September of 2020 and has been sitting on the dealers lot since then... There's 6 of those at Kville now, all 4x2 built from 8/20 to 10/20. Nothing (in a quad cab Laramie) that's newer...Must be a reason why those trucks didn't sell, hmmm. :unsure:

U

User_3336

Easier just to "act like you're down" instead of hashing out quotes people aren't gonna act on.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
SOLD! I was in and out with a check @ Autonation in just under two hours.
Great! That's exactly the time I have budgeted, in at 0830 and on the road going back home by 1030.
I have a 1500 (3 pm) job to get to...
I just hope the 55K in one dollar bills fits in the SUV. Or was it pennies? :unsure: o_O

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Sold my 2016 WRX to Carmax yesterday. They offered $75 more then Vroom. 62k miles, stickered at $33XXX, paid $29,500, and sold to Carmax for $21,600. If I don't find a truck on a lot I like in the next 3 days, the money will go towards a 2022.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Sold my 2016 WRX to Carmax yesterday. They offered $75 more then Vroom. 62k miles, stickered at $33XXX, paid $29,500, and sold to Carmax for $21,600. If I don't find a truck on a lot I like in the next 3 days, the money will go towards a 2022.
My vote with your money is to order a 22'...

Users who are viewing this thread