5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just sold to Vroom...

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Three questions for you about your Big Horn if you don't mind my asking...
What was MSRP on it?
How many miles do you have on it?
What was your OTD price?
The MSRP was about 57k
I paid about 47k
Have 19k miles on it

Mchurch52

Reaction score
I ran my truck through Vroom and Autonation. MSRP was $63K and I got it for $52K in Dec 2019. It has 23K miles on it now. Autonation offered $51,000 while Vroom is offering $54,550 (up $1000 from last week).

It is very tempting to sell this one and move up to a Longhorn, but this truck has been great and there is no guarantee the next one won't have issues. Decisions, decisions...

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The MSRP was about 57k
I paid about 47k
Have 19k miles on it
Those offers seem low compared to what I had for my 2020 Laramie which had an MSRP of over $58k. I paid $50,150 for it on Halloween of 2019. Vroom offered me almost $53k and kbb offered around $48k. Ended up getting $50k trade-in from my local dealership. You could be right about the higher trim levels getting better offers, but I haven't seen what other people with Big Horns have been offered.

I ran my truck through Vroom and Autonation. MSRP was $63K and I got it for $52K in Dec 2019. It has 23K miles on it now. Autonation offered $51,000 while Vroom is offering $54,550 (up $1000 from last week).

It is very tempting to sell this one and move up to a Longhorn, but this truck has been great and there is no guarantee the next one won't have issues. Decisions, decisions...
I was kind of in the same boat. I wanted to upgrade to a Limited, but figured I'd hang onto my Laramie at least until the warranty was nearing the end. But in watching the value of it increasing like it was, I did the deal as soon as I found a Limited with everything I wanted. It's only been a week and a half, but I have zero regrets so far. My Laramie never really gave me any issues, so there's always the chance my new truck could turn out to have problems. But my dealership is great to work with. I've been buying from them for years, and they've never given me any reason not to trust them with my previous four vehicles.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I'd sell and get the better ac as well as order what you want. Maybe the rear window surround cracking is fixed too... And the 12" will likely be less "buggy", at least that's 3 possible reasons...

Mchurch52

Reaction score
I'd sell and get the better ac as well as order what you want. Maybe the rear window surround cracking is fixed too... And the 12" will likely be less "buggy", at least that's 3 possible reasons...
It's a tough choice because my AC feels fine to me (I'm in Louisiana, so if it sucked I'd know about it), I have the 8.4 which works great, and my truck is a '20 so the window frame cracking doesn't seem to be as big an issue. I feel like I'd be an idiot getting rid of a truck that's been trouble free, but then my wife tells me I'm an idiot all the time, so there is that...

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
It's a tough choice because my AC feels fine to me (I'm in Louisiana, so if it sucked I'd know about it), I have the 8.4 which works great, and my truck is a '20 so the window frame cracking doesn't seem to be as big an issue. I feel like I'd be an idiot getting rid of a truck that's been trouble free, but then my wife tells me I'm an idiot all the time, so there is that...
I hear you on the truck... Our 19' has been trouble free (well the ac isn't as bad as some but isn't as good as it should be). No window surround cracks, no tranny issues, no 12" issues, etc etc. I don't even have MDS problems and I get over 21 on the highway consistently... So that's a "Wednesday morning" truck if there ever was one.

Hard to part with a good one and roll the dice HOWEVER if I were to stay with RAM I'd order from your discount LA dealer and get exactly what I wanted. No more "whats left over on the lot" crap.

Mchurch52

Reaction score
I hear you on the truck... Our 19' has been trouble free (well the ac isn't as bad as some but isn't as good as it should be). No window surround cracks, no tranny issues, no 12" issues, etc etc. I don't even have MDS problems and I get over 21 on the highway consistently... So that's a "Wednesday morning" truck if there ever was one.

Hard to part with a good one and roll the dice HOWEVER if I were to stay with RAM I'd order from your discount LA dealer and get exactly what I wanted. No more "whats left over on the lot" crap.
Yeah, that's the other hard part, Aaron has a Longhorn almost exactly as I would order it sitting on the lot (I'd skip the sunroof, just one more place for water to get in).

19 North

Reaction score
You could be right about the higher trim levels getting better offers, but I haven't seen what other people with Big Horns have been offered.
Vroom offered me $45k autonation $42,500 carvana $39,700. 19 North edition BH level 2 with 2300 miles.
I’m waiting on Vroom to send a new offer,but not expecting much better. I found a similar spec 19 on their website listed for $46,500

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Vroom offered me $45k autonation $42,500 carvana $39,700. 19 North edition BH level 2 with 2300 miles.
I’m waiting on Vroom to send a new offer,but not expecting much better. I found a similar spec 19 on their website listed for $46,500
But did it have anywhere near your miles?

Willwork4truck

Reaction score

Attachments

• B6886EDF-80A3-43F1-9C1D-731655B63B68.jpeg
    B6886EDF-80A3-43F1-9C1D-731655B63B68.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
me either. but I did mine strictly out of curiosity.
Well it started me on the path. Then, thanks to the forum, someone suggested checking AutoNtion.
I had already run it by Carvana (low) and then KBB (medium) through my purchasing dealer on a possible trade.
Vroom was the highest, then KBB, then way back came Carvana (6K less than Vroom). Autonation was about halfway between KBB and Vroom and when I told him (AutoNation) that, he said he'd beat Vroom's offer by $500.

So that's where I'm at now.

Course' all of these offers are based on my representation of the truck. We will see how much they want for "reconditioning".

As Sal (forum member) had said, he didn't want to lose sight of his truck for 8-10 days while they nitpicked it and then if the offer was too low, you had to wait till it got shipped back. So I agreed to make the 4 hour drive to Autonation and get it done face to face.

I will post Monday pm when I'm back with whatever happens be it good, bad or ugly.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score

To get to use a truck for over two years and 23k miles and make a $2500 profit? I wouldn't worry about the potential for problems on a new one. Seems like an easy decision.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
I was surprised. I entered my Bighorn with under 100 miles on it. The offer that came back was $38k.

Users who are viewing this thread