5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just sold to Vroom...

TxAg98

Reaction score
Vroom guy just picked up my '21 Laramie 4x4 Southwest Edition. Paid $45k for it right before Christmas and they paid me $52500. Couldn't pass it up. Bought a 2004 Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 w/5.9 Cummins. Used values are insane right now!

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Make me wonder, anyone just take delivery on a brand new RAM? I wonder if you could get more than you paid for it if you got a smoking out the door deal from some place like Mark Dodge. Would be a good business.

nburd

Reaction score
I just got a Vroom quote on my 2020 Big Horn. Exactly what I paid nearly a year ago. Holy smokes, no more payment. It’s tempting.
For me, I have driven it for nearly 1 year for just the cost of Sales Tax. That’s not bad at all. Gas going to $4+ per gallon soon and the truck never meeting the promised economy is a factor. I can lease a similar 21 Ram Night Crew Hemi for $499/mo zero down, Or just get a beater with no payment until the crazy market is over. The other option is a V6 crew lease for $329/mo. I am thinking about this hard.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Vroom guy just picked up my '21 Laramie 4x4 Southwest Edition. Paid $45k for it right before Christmas and they paid me $52500. Couldn't pass it up. Bought a 2004 Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 w/5.9 Cummins. Used values are insane right now!
Who ever said vehicles were a bad investment ? lol

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just estimated mine….. they’ll give me $54,811….. that is crazy. I didn’t pay much more than that 2 years ago. So the question begs, worth it to let them have it and buy a 21’ ?
Maybe. Consider tax ramifications, too, of selling and buying vs trading.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dang that is crazy, owned it 2 years and 4 months with 48K miles and they will give me $3970 less than I paid. That is a rental cost of $141.79 per month for a amazing truck! I might have to consider ordering a 2021 or 2022.

TxAg98

Reaction score
My logic was I'm retiring from the Air Force in 13 months. Paid cash for the Cummins so no truck payment helping reduce expenses for the transition. Plus its an early '04 with the 305hp motor and the mileage is ridiculous. Im 20-22 combined so far. I was lucky to see 14 on the Hemi.

laramie4x4

Reaction score
Used car price at dealers are not that high actually. Theory goes that virtual dealers such as Vroom, Carvana and Shift are paying irrationally high price to grab the market share. Anyway, if you have a used car to sell, now is the time.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I traded in my wife's SUV last October for the 2020 Ford Ranger she wanted. The longest part of the process was agreeing to a value for my trade-in. After exhausting all of my patience my wife was happy with where the numbers were so called it a day.

I saw it on the dealership's used vehicle lot 2 days later and they were asking 250% of what they gave me for it. Within a week it was gone.

Last edited:
U

User_3336

CARVANA has been giving outrageous trade-in values for about a month now. Many $5,000-$6000 over that people paid for them.

Might be a good move if you really wanted out of it.

nburd

Reaction score
For me, I have driven it for nearly 1 year for just the cost of Sales Tax. That’s not bad at all. Gas going to $4+ per gallon soon and the truck never meeting the promised economy is a factor. I can lease a similar 21 Ram Night Crew Hemi for $499/mo zero down, Or just get a beater with no payment until the crazy market is over. The other option is a V6 crew lease for $329/mo. I am thinking about this hard.
I just submitted the paperwork to Vroom, we will see what happens. There is a statement that “offers and payments are subject to current market conditions” or something like that. Let’s see if they honor the offer. I can lease a 2021 Night Crew Hemi for $499 out of pocket and $499/ month for 36 months with $30K residual or a base V6 crew for $349/month. I will hang onto my weathertech mud flaps for a short time I guess. That way, I can pay for $4.00 per gallon gas Bills. I just flew out of Sacramento on business and it was $4.34/gallon. Might just find a cheap $10k-20K used something.

Users who are viewing this thread