5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just sold to Vroom...

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Who is Simone
:ROFLMAO: He meant someone. Finger typing. Anyway, I'm with you. I don't get the whole thing at all. And my local Ram dealer I think showed 27 new Rams on the lot yesterday afternoon. So it all sounds strange to me...

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
:ROFLMAO: He meant someone. Finger typing. Anyway, I'm with you. I don't get the whole thing at all. And my local Ram dealer I think showed 27 new Rams on the lot yesterday afternoon. So it all sounds strange to me...

My local dealer has some but the discounts are horrible plus this local dealer is ****. The Chevy dealership on the other hand has zero inventory. Looks like a used car lot right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My local dealer shows 14 Ram 1500's on their website, but only about half that are actually there. The others are all in transit. That's less than half the number they normally have on the lot. They have no new HD's. Even Dave Smith Motors, who is one of the largest dealerships in the U.S., has fewer than 60 new Ram 1500's. They normally have more than 250 of them on hand. Your local dealer may have normal inventory numbers, but that's not how it is in most places.

Nova90

Reaction score
Forcing skepticism. I don’t know how you can possibly not be alarmed. I just can’t take the chance sending my truck off somewhere to have a headache. I have enough of those in my daily grind. As far as dealers go I found the best dodge jeep Chrysler ram dealer you guys can ever dream of dealing with. I bought my wife’s car there and bought my daughter a lease trade in and they have been phenomenal. The little jeep I bought has had a couple of issues which were all fixed immediately at zero cost. And I never bought the extended warranty and it wasn’t certified pre owned
Vroom is a publicly-traded company. They can't afford not to be anything but reputable. Anyway, it sounds like you made the best decision that you are comfortable with...

Nova90

Reaction score
Porche cayenne. Like you were telling us they bought the Ferrari Enzo
I'm trying to give you helpful information. By the way, it's spelled, Porsche. The point being, when you are dealing with a firm like Vroom or Carvana, there is nothing to be skeptical about. With the recent increase in prices, many people on here have mentioned getting more $ from these firms for a used vehicle than what they paid for it 1-3 years prior.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey I checked out autonation and I’m assuming they are all over the United States. I got a bmw dealer about 20 minutes from me just contacted me and told me he comes up with 49,900 but he needs to see my truck. I’m gonna swing by sometime this week. I’ll keep you guys posted. Just have to realize the dealer giving me 45 is basically the same thing since I won’t pay that sales tax again. I’ll let you guys know how I make out

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Hey I checked out autonation and I’m assuming they are all over the United States. I got a bmw dealer about 20 minutes from me just contacted me and told me he comes up with 49,900 but he needs to see my truck. I’m gonna swing by sometime this week. I’ll keep you guys posted. Just have to realize the dealer giving me 45 is basically the same thing since I won’t pay that sales tax again. I’ll let you guys know how I make out

Wants to see the truck is code for come in and I’ll waste your time. They can look at the truck if you send them video and pictures. Just a heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah no doubt. I’m not new to the game either. Good thing is it’s really not too out of the way for me and I’ll be wasting their time too. My 45 trade in is basically 49. .0875 sales tax here in westchester county NY. I already told him on the phone if it’s not at least 50k I’m going to my dealer. Brother I have such bad OCD with my truck I still have the plastic films on screens and knobs and door handles etc…. He says stop by. If he is wasting my time I’ll stop at the petco that’s right next door and grab my dogs something.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gia.rocco on Instagram. Just in case there is any Rottweiler lovers out there

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rocco is the best dog ever. He’s got the best temperament. He loves everybody. Gia on the other hand is obviously a new edition. I hope she mellows out some. She is a very aggressive little girl.

U

User_3336

I have yet to see Carvana or Vroom bite on a 2021. You always get that "We'll get back to you" message.

Ram21

Reaction score
Not selling my Ram but I got a quote from Vroom for my 2020 Jeep for 52k, 52k from Autonation (fairly local), and 50,500 from another closer local dealer. Vroom offered that to me last Monday. Since then they haven’t really responded to my accepting it though I did talk to them on Friday telling me they need the payoff info, which I gave them. I was starting to get a little impatient with them so I took it to the local dealer today (Honda dealer actually) that offered the 50,500 (kbb). They looked at it and offered me their original quote but I refused it and told them they needed to come up, which they did to 52k, which I accepted. I think I’d of been a nervous wreck waiting for the Vroom deal to process, nice to deal with someone face to face.

shrubs2000

Reaction score
I have an appointment Friday (14 May) with AutoNation who offered me $51.6K and that is indeed more than I paid for the truck. If all works out, we will be down to one car for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread