5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to add Blind Spot?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The canbus wires will always be missing from under the driver seat to the star can block on non equipped trucks.
Thanks to both of you. Jimmy07, i’m going to PM you about getting a wiring harness made.

gallobg

Reaction score
If the plugs behind your taillights match the numbers in my previous post youre good on all outside wiring. If you look under your driver seat carpet at the wiring harness, look for those 4 wires previously mentioned. You'll most likely still have to install those from the seat to the side dash.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Do the Recon tail lights come with blind spot sensors? Or do you have to supply your own OEM modules? Their website doesn’t really say.

Shawn84

Reaction score
They do not come with sensors or the stainless sensor mounts that screw into the light housing.

But recon's lights on sale are cheaper to buy and get the sensors than it is to buy the OEMs with sensors.

larix

Reaction score
Thanks for all of this super helpful information! Sorry if this has already been answered in this long thread, but it seems like all of the discussion is focused on blind spot monitoring. Do these modifications add cross path detection as well?

Georgf

Reaction score
Thanks for all of this super helpful information! Sorry if this has already been answered in this long thread, but it seems like all of the discussion is focused on blind spot monitoring. Do these modifications add cross path detection as well?
Yes, cross path detection works too

s2000gtx

Reaction score
They do not come with sensors or the stainless sensor mounts that screw into the light housing.

But recon's lights on sale are cheaper to buy and get the sensors than it is to buy the OEMs with sensors.

I thought I saw a recon light that says it is made for ram with blind-spot detection SKU number is ... 264338LEDBK . I'm going to call them on Monday to find out.

I have a 2019 ram big horn with the halogen tail light. I want to buy the night-led tail light, but I want one with blind-spot ability if I decide to do this mod in a few months. So I been looking at the recon led night edition tail light and the oem night edition light .

DeV

Reaction score
if you wanted to add your own internal LED, you would have to open the door panels and pin the existing mirror connector at the door module - thats where the warning illumination output is located. you could in theory, put your own small LED somewhere on the corner of the door panel, facing inward at the driver. I've actually seen some other cars configured that way.
This is what I want to do. My truck has the BSD but I'd like to add the LEDs inside the cab in addition to the ones in the mirrors

d3sarius

Reaction score
Working on adding BSM to my 21’ Laramie. Has anyone tried with LED taillights and jumper 300AA? All the wires are populated. The 220AD jumper is backordered and various vendors have cancelled orders because there is no ETA.

I’m willing to repin the connector if I can get a schematic.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Working on adding BSM to my 21’ Laramie. Has anyone tried with LED taillights and jumper 300AA? All the wires are populated. The 220AD jumper is backordered and various vendors have cancelled orders because there is no ETA.

I’m willing to repin the connector if I can get a schematic.
I ordered my harnesses from @Jimmy07 and they look great. I’m just waiting on one tailight module to come in.

d3sarius

Reaction score
I could not enable BSM with the 300AD wiring harness as is. Having trouble sourcing 220AC and 220AD at this time.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I could not enable BSM with the 300AD wiring harness as is. Having trouble sourcing 220AC and 220AD at this time.
When you enable BSM, do you get the message for temporarily unavailable in the EVIC?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I believe someone said that all spots have wires on those jumper part numbers? On the driver side connector that is plugged into the tail light housing, remove the wire from position 8 and try setting BSM again.

d3sarius

Reaction score
I believe someone said that all spots have wires on those jumper part numbers? On the driver side connector that is plugged into the tail light housing, remove the wire from position 8 and try setting BSM again.
Will give it a try and report back. I can confirm that the ground in position 8 is currently there. Just have to figure out how to disassemble the connector

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Will give it a try and report back. I can confirm that the ground in position 8 is currently there. Just have to figure out how to disassemble the connector
I have both of these pin remover tools. This one is at advanced auto parts, and this one is on Amazon.

d3sarius

Reaction score
Removing pin 8 from driver side did not make it work. There must be some other changes in the harness necessary.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Removing pin 8 from driver side did not make it work. There must be some other changes in the harness necessary.
Just to verify a few things:
Did you add the missing section of canbus wires from under the driver seat to the star can block above the brake pedal?
Did you add the mirror indicator lights?
If you did not add the mirror indicator lights, did you enable the setting “Doors: Blindspot Mirror Present”?

d3sarius

Reaction score
Just to verify a few things:
Did you add the missing section of canbus wires from under the driver seat to the star can block above the brake pedal?
Did you add the mirror indicator lights?
If you did not add the mirror indicator lights, did you enable the setting “Doors: Blindspot Mirror Present”?
I did add the can bus wires as mentioned.
I did not add mirror indicators
I did not enable doors: blindspot mirror present.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought we didn’t need the mirrors to have the tails working?

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought we didn’t need the mirrors to have the tails working?
You don't. Jimmy was just asking to make sure that D3sarius didn't mistakenly enable "blindspot mirror present" without having the mirrors installed. Doing so will cause the BSM system to show as unavailable in the EVIC. I still don't have mirrors installed and mine is working properly. The specific power folding tow mirrors with BSM indicators that I'm looking for have been backordered for months.

Users who are viewing this thread