5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to add Blind Spot?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You don't. Jimmy was just asking to make sure that D3sarius didn't mistakenly enable "blindspot mirror present" without having the mirrors installed. Doing so will cause the BSM system to show as unavailable in the EVIC. I still don't have mirrors installed and mine is working properly. The specific power folding tow mirrors with BSM indicators that I'm looking for have been backordered for months.
Ok good. The mirrors being needed would’ve stopped what I was planning.

DeV

Reaction score
ugh...I guess it's time for YouTube university....I've never de-pinned or pinned wires before....but this thread has shown the schematic for the door plug and where the wires need to go - from my understanding, power to Slot 7, and ground to Slot 5...

It's just a matter of getting the pin out of the plug...then adding the LED light to the pin? Or are they one use only and I need a new pin to put both wires to?
I've tried to find a shop to do it at a reasonable price around here...especially considering I understand what needs to be done, just not necessarily how to do it...and no one wants to do it or wants to charge a ridiculous amount....

I've removed my door panels for the paragoptics install....it's just the pinning and the correct slots and process that makes me nervous...

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Edit: oops, wrong thread

Last edited:

DeV

Reaction score

Those look nice - I like the 90 degree functionality - I haven't looked at the plug yet - you think there's enough room to maneuver pulling some tape back and getting both the power and return wire in to one single connector? or will I need to splice in to the power and splice in to the return separately?

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Those look nice - I like the 90 degree functionality - I haven't looked at the plug yet - you think there's enough room to maneuver pulling some tape back and getting both the power and return wire in to one single connector? or will I need to splice in to the power and splice in to the return separately?

I haven't done this mod so I haven't actually checked the harnesses. I will take a peek tomorrow since I'm off and get back to you.

Reactions: DeV

SierraFoxtrot

Reaction score
I know this thread is a little bit old but I did have a question to finalize my install and I need the community's help. I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie Extended cab that does not have BSM. I made one tail light (passenger side), ordered the driver side tail light, created the 4 wires with appropriate connectors to the XY400A connecter. Then AlfaOBD to unlock and I ran into an issue. I know now I need the tail light jumper harness as I have the harness that ends in 300AA. The jumper harness numbers that are listed in this forum (68357220AD) show that it is for a 2019 only.

The question I have is does anyone with a 2021 1500 with BSM feel like popping out a tail light and reporting the manufacture number on the harness?

or, can anyone confirm that the 68357220AD jumper harness worked on a 2021 Ram 1500?

I appreciate that this thread is here and how helpful the members are. I'm new to the scene but hoping I can help out in some way.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The harness you mentioned (68357220AD) will work on a 2021. That is what I used when I added it to mine.

Just note, you need two different harnesses. 68357220AD is used on the left, drivers side taillight, and 68357222AD is needed for the right, passenger side taillight. There is an extra ground wire on one harness that allows the truck to distinguish the difference between the taillights with the BSM feature.

Last edited:

SierraFoxtrot

Reaction score
JBowman,

Thanks so much for your response! I kept checking it on different parts suppliers and it said 2019 only. Tracking these part numbers has proved a little difficult for me. I'm hoping I can get the trailer length detection to work as well, that's the ultimate goal of why I wanted BSM. Thanks again!

d3sarius

Reaction score
JBowman,

Thanks so much for your response! I kept checking it on different parts suppliers and it said 2019 only. Tracking these part numbers has proved a little difficult for me. I'm hoping I can get the trailer length detection to work as well, that's the ultimate goal of why I wanted BSM. Thanks again!
Let us know if you find one in stock anywhere. I’ve been searching for a month with no luck.

Murt

Reaction score
The harness ending in 300AA will work. I did it one my 2022 with Jimmy07 help.

Murt

Reaction score
You need to remove the black wire from the #8 position on driver side 300AA harness and it will work.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Let us know if you find one in stock anywhere. I’ve been searching for a month with no luck.
I ordered from a dealer through my wholesale account 2.5 months ago and I’m still waiting for the BSM’s.

d3sarius

Reaction score
You need to remove the black wire from the #8 position on driver side 300AA harness and it will work.
Awesome! That’s good to know. I removed the wire and tried it a few weeks ago, but I still got a fault. I’ll check for other wiring issues, but having confirmation that it works is great.

LS-RR

Reaction score
You need to remove the black wire from the #8 position on driver side 300AA harness and it will work
Did you just take the pin out of the tail light harness? I'm in the process of doing this to my 22 Ram tomorrow.

Murt

Reaction score
Did you just take the pin out of the tail light harness? I'm in the process of doing this to my 22 Ram tomorrow.
Yes out of the driver side wire harness plug. The plug that goes into the taillight

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good info @Murt! And great news for anyone unable to locate the other jumper harnesses.

Now if I could only find the power folding tow mirrors with BSM indicator lights that I’ve been searching for. I haven’t checked recently, but it may be time to start calling around again so I can get this BSM, and power folding mirror project wrapped up.

SierraFoxtrot

Reaction score
I depinned the number 8 spot on the driver side with the 300AA harness and it worked! No mirrors yet but I ordered the glass to set it up in about a week. Thanks Murt and Jimmy07 for the help!

The pin numbers are located on the harness for the tail light if you look where the wires are inserted. These RAM harnesses and connectors are great to work with if you have to remove or add wires, some of the easier ones I've worked with.

Users who are viewing this thread