5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

intermittent humming noise and vibration

Barton

Reaction score
Sounds like ANC feedback noise. They can/should fix it.
I have this problem also and ive read through most of these complaints it all sounds familiar to mine and still no resolve
I bought a 2019 Dodge Ram Big Horn in December. This noise has occurred 3 or 4 times. The dealer says they have never heard of this problem. Does anybody know what it is?

KSOTI

Reaction score
I bought a 2019 Dodge Ram Big Horn in December. This noise has occurred 3 or 4 times. The dealer says they have never heard of this problem. Does anybody know what it is?
Dealer is full of crap there is a star case. They need to do thier homework. BTW ANC noise happens more frequently when the rear seat area if full. Boxes ect.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dealer is full of crap there is a star case. They need to do thier homework. BTW ANC noise happens more frequently when the rear seat area if full. Boxes ect.
I loaded up the back seat with containers and such when taking it to the dealer. If at all possible find an area near the dealer that the rpm/drone can be duplicated. I was fortunate as it was right outside the dealership. Had the TSB done and all is good so far.

Attachments

• Ram TSB 08-056-19 ANC MC-10168479-9999.pdf
    29.9 KB · Views: 50

John89

Reaction score
I have this same issue with a brand new 2021 not even a month old... Took it to the dealer and they said it was “normal”. Not sure what I can do!

Jako

Reaction score
I have this same issue with a brand new 2021 not even a month old... Took it to the dealer and they said it was “normal”. Not sure what I can do!
Did you go in with the TSB? Sometimes the dealership is lacking ambition and must be "spoon fed". If that doesn't work perhaps Ram Care can jump in.

John89

Reaction score
Did you go in with the TSB? Sometimes the dealership is lacking ambition and must be "spoon fed". If that doesn't work perhaps Ram Care can jump in.
Yeah they told me they don’t see a TSB for my vehicle in their system. I mentioned the one that someone posted on here but I think it pertains only to the 2019 model and mine is a 2021. I think it’s crazy that I should be having to hit the gear limit button on the steering wheel to disable the car from activating MDS/eco mode as a solution.

I messaged Ram Cares with my info/details. Waiting to hear back..

John89

Reaction score
Update: Ramcares advised to get second opinion from another dealer. Second dealer said this is normal and also said that the car is too new and comes with adaptive learning. To drive it some more to see if it goes away... Just an effort to get me to go away. Told ramcares about this, they said they would support the dealership in their decision. Lol what a joke. With the amount of people here having this issue it’s crazy that everyone at ram pretends this is the first time they hear of this issue. The only person I got to admit this is an issue at the dealership was the car salesman who said to use the gear limit hack to prevent it from going on eco mode...

Scram1500

Reaction score
People have complained about MDS noise/vibration since 2005, unfortunately it is normal

Jako

Reaction score
People have complained about MDS noise/vibration since 2005, unfortunately it is normal
Mine was cured with the TSB all good for the last 3 months but it may be normal to have problems. I don't know if everyone has the problem.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a drone around 1500 RPM without ECO mode. Driving a 2020 with 7K on it. Is there anything documented on this with 2020 model year? Sadly the service dept knows me (minor things) and I have no problem bringing it in if there is a known bulletin/fix. This could be why my dog is not a fan of riding in the backseat anymore.

RamCares

Reaction score
I have a drone around 1500 RPM without ECO mode. Driving a 2020 with 7K on it. Is there anything documented on this with 2020 model year? Sadly the service dept knows me (minor things) and I have no problem bringing it in if there is a known bulletin/fix. This could be why my dog is not a fan of riding in the backseat anymore.
Hi there! We can definitely understand how this would be concerning. Please send our team a PM with your VIN so that we may look into this further for you, and assist alongside your dealer visit if needed. We are happy to help!

Kathryn
Ram Cares

ctrent

Reaction score
Is there a fix for this droning death noise? I noticed it over the weekend on the hwy when hauling camping stuff in the bed worst noise ever! Does RAM have a fix for this issue clearly there are multiple trucks with this problem!

RDB

Reaction score
So far I would say no to a fix for this issue. The dealer I'm working with updated the computer Power Train Module. All has been good, but this evening it happened again. I'll be calling them on Tuesday after the holiday to let them know it did it again.

Ronmiz

Reaction score
Hello, I purchased my beautiful black Ram Bighorn in May 2018 and to date have logged 5500 frustrating miles on it. It seems this truck is plagued with the familiar loud intermittent humming noise. One never can tell when it will rear it's ugly head. So far it has been in the shop 4 times and the service dept. has not yet been able to diagnose the problem. fortunately for me they have heard the awful annoying noise so they know that I am not crazy. Company created a case but after two weeks and no problems they dropped it. yesterday the noise and vibration returned. So far dealership has replaced the cats and upgraded the transmission computer. neither have helped resolve the issue. Same old if it's not doing it when you come in we can't find the problem. Definitely having buyer remorse.
Well I just bought a 2020 Ram 6cyl and at about 10k miles I started hearing the wind humming noise coasting at 40-50 mph . I took it in and of course nothing was found i stopped at another dealership and explained to one of the advisor and he right away said they had just done a truck with same problem and 2020 as well so I took in mind and I was just told it’s the same problem as the previous truck and he said it’s the vent gasket the comes from the fire wall underneath the passenger side it wasn’t set right from factory.

Tbredenkamp45

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram with 38K miles and made this humming/vibrating/exhaust came loose from the header sound over the weekend. Intermittent, sounded like I put glass packs on my exhaust or cut-outs in the system. Would be fine for a few seconds, then make the grown again. I have driven it a couple times since and it hasn't made the sound since.

Made an appt with my local dealer for this morning. I was explaining the sound to the "consultant". He told me if it was not making the noise now there is nothing they could do. I asked if Dodge was aware of this since there are plenty of people on-line complaining about it and he said he wasn't aware of it and that googling solutions on-line is not what they spend their time doing. I told him I am not being a smartass here and he told me that it sounded that way to him.

I walked out of the dealership and will never go back. I have never wanted to trade off, what otherwise has been a perfectly good vehicle, more in all my life...

jellis466

Reaction score
Does anyone know if TSB 08-033-19 will work for a 2021? My Lonestar is having a loud rumbling/drumbeat sound and vibration. very noticeable at 50-60mph and less so at 70+. However, if theres a lot of stuff in the back seat it is even worse at all speeds

Otto

Reaction score
Well I've owned my 2019 Bighorn for a whole whopping month and put 200 miles on it and last night the humming and drone started.

On the 2016 part of this that had the 8-speed and MDS and never heard a sound from it. Dealer I purchased the vehicle from says the noise is completely normal. Going to try the PAC harness to bypass the ANC before spending any money for dealer visits. Will report back what's the harness has been installed.

Users who are viewing this thread