5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you've had the rear window leak...

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score

logboom

Reaction score
I stay clear of car washes and only wash my rig myself. Don't want to invite trouble.
I jumped over to the Silverado web community and by God, folks there are also (as previously noted) experiencing a similar problem. I guess this makes me feel better....about me😅

Out2k

Reaction score
It would be helpful to understand exactly why these leaks are happening.
Automated car washes blasting water? Inferior designs for glass fitting the cab? Rear brakelight Inferior design/fit?
My leak may not be as bad as others, but I notice mine to leak only with real heavy rain, and the nose of the truck is pointed downward, "not facing uphill", Or when i wash it, the pressure from the hose gets it to leak when i wash the back window down.
When i was at the dealer not long ago, a tech told me that the frame around the top side of the window can or "will" crack either on one side, or both sides of the track, and normally you can see the split in the area of the auto back window part of the track. I do not see a split on my track above the window, but it leaks. He said they were covering those but only to a certain milage.

Users who are viewing this thread