5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you've had the rear window leak...

SG2018

Reaction score
Update: scheduled Safelite to replace with a solid window. Tech was on his way today, I asked if the window had the moldings on place to support the headliner and interface with the panels on left and right side (MOPAR part number 68303344AB). He said it was a plain piece of tinted solid glass and did not match what I described. Cancelled the appointment.

Now I'm back to my dealer for a $200 diagnosis, in the hopes that RamCares will assist with the cost after my $500 copay. So I'm most likely getting the same manual slider, but fingers crossed that the 2 year warranty comes with it. I just want this to be over with.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Update: scheduled Safelite to replace with a solid window. Tech was on his way today, I asked if the window had the moldings on place to support the headliner and interface with the panels on left and right side (MOPAR part number 68303344AB). He said it was a plain piece of tinted solid glass and did not match what I described. Cancelled the appointment.

Now I'm back to my dealer for a $200 diagnosis, in the hopes that RamCares will assist with the cost after my $500 copay. So I'm most likely getting the same manual slider, but fingers crossed that the 2 year warranty comes with it. I just want this to be over with.

Is part #68303344AB the same for the solid glass and the slider? This diagram shows it with the slider. If that piece is necessary, it makes adding the solid rear window a lot more expensive. :mad:

SG2018

Reaction score
Is part #68303344AB the same for the solid glass and the slider? This diagram shows it with the slider. If that piece is necessary, it makes adding the solid rear window a lot more expensive. :mad:
Part "6" is the solid backglass assembly, part "2" is the backglass with slider assembly.

SG2018

Reaction score
You only need one of the two, and there are multiple options for each. Your best bet is to call a Ram dealer and they'll point you in the right direction.

ddharris

Reaction score
I will be taking my 2019 in for the second slider crack leak. Same place. I could tell when they replaced the frame and glass the first time it was inevitable. Under 19 K miles on my truck ( drive company car all week).
I had only opened the slider window once immediately after the replacement a couple years ago just to make sure it worked. I had not used it since trying not to **** off the bad joint in the frame on both top sides of the slider window frame.

Last edited:

ddharris

Reaction score
Dealership told me today that Stellantis will not cover cracked sliding window frame rear assembly leak. My extended warranty from Mopar clearly states the entire rear window assembly is covered. Going through proper channels now. First call to corporate I was told no warranty coverage again after reading straight from my contract. Have a case open now and hopefully hear from someone tomorrow.

DP

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Dealership told me today that Stellantis will not cover cracked sliding window frame rear assembly leak. My extended warranty from Mopar clearly states the entire rear window assembly is covered. Going through proper channels now. First call to corporate I was told no warranty coverage again after reading straight from my contract. Have a case open now and hopefully hear from someone tomorrow.

DP
@RamCares

Jmac509

Reaction score
Keep us updated.

Can anyone else speak from experience on this? Does the MaxCare warranty cover the rear window frame? I recall seeing that it doesn't cover glass and I was concerned they would try to say that the frame is actually made of glass too.

If this issue is definitely covered by the MaxCare warranty I would be inclinded to buy it.

ddharris

Reaction score
Keep us updated.

Can anyone else speak from experience on this? Does the MaxCare warranty cover the rear window frame? I recall seeing that it doesn't cover glass and I was concerned they would try to say that the frame is actually made of glass too.

If this issue is definitely covered by the MaxCare warranty I would be inclinded to buy it.

Attachments

• 723E9292-4AAA-4764-967C-E9579B99A490.jpeg
    723E9292-4AAA-4764-967C-E9579B99A490.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 78

ddharris

Reaction score
Good news they are going to cover the rear slider window assembly replacement as a one time “good will” repair. It is clearly stated that it is covered in the literature for Mopar vehicle protection MaxCare plan.
RamCares definitely helped in this matter!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Good news they are going to cover the rear slider window assembly replacement as a one time “good will” repair. It is clearly stated that it is covered in the literature for Mopar vehicle protection MaxCare plan.
Awesome!

Jmac509

Reaction score
This is great news! If that's the case I will definitely be purchasing a Max Care warranty.

Thank you for the picture DDHarris!

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is great news! Mine is actually getting its second window, however I am still under the 3yr 36k warranty.

Hopefully Ram will make an extended warranty for these defective windows.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

DP
Hi there,

We are glad you were able to get a case open for additional support. If you run into further concern during that process, feel free to send us a private message with your case number.

Lex
Ram Cares

ws6guy

Reaction score
Mine will be getting replaced in a couple weeks under the bumper to bumper. It took a few weeks to get the glass. It appears they are having a national chain glass company do the work, I was hoping for a local glass company in town as I think they do pretty good work. I did ask the service advisor how many they see come back after the repair. They said not many but it can happen LOL

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
We had ours replaced by a local shop the dealership recommended since they don't do glass replacement at the service department. I've used this shop for other vehicles and they do good work. The shop owner told me they see a lot of these cracked rear windows come in. And this is in a rural part of Eastern WA. Dealership service managers who say they never see this problem are lying through their teeth.

ddharris

Reaction score
This is great news! If that's the case I will definitely be purchasing a Max Care warranty.

Thank you for the picture DDHarris!

Jmac,

Just remember they were very resistant to honoring the MaxCare warranty. After Stellantis agreed it was deemed as a “ one time good will” repair. Before you sign anything make sure they understand that you expect the rear slider assembly to be covered for the life of the contract.
I made sure I asked about the seat fans ( ventilated) also when I purchased the extended warranty and was told they are covered. Hopefully I never have to test that theory.

DP

yellowboy

Reaction score
I am on my third slider, the original and first replacement both cracked and leaked . The service rep told me that my current window is only guaranteed until 2 years from the FIRST replacement which was done in January 2022. Can anyone with experience tell me if this is true because if it is I think I am getting rid of this truck before January of 2024. Thanks

Last edited:

Jmac509

Reaction score
Jmac,

Just remember they were very resistant to honoring the MaxCare warranty. After Stellantis agreed it was deemed as a “ one time good will” repair. Before you sign anything make sure they understand that you expect the rear slider assembly to be covered for the life of the contract.
I made sure I asked about the seat fans ( ventilated) also when I purchased the extended warranty and was told they are covered. Hopefully I never have to test that theory.

DP
Definitely elaborate on this. Was it your local dealer trying to make you pay full price for a replacement? Or was this Ram/Stellantis saying that it was a "one time good will repair" even though you have the MaxCare warranty. I would have thought the document you shared would have been without argument on getting a replacement.

It seems like the default response of the stories we see here on the forum is that the majority of the dealers will deny anything they can unless you fight them to honor your warranty.

I was hoping to avoid the giant hassle and waste of time trying to get things fixed by purchasing the MaxCare. This will be my first Ram product, fingers crossed it wont be my last.

ddharris

Reaction score
Definitely elaborate on this. Was it your local dealer trying to make you pay full price for a replacement? Or was this Ram/Stellantis saying that it was a "one time good will repair" even though you have the MaxCare warranty. I would have thought the document you shared would have been without argument on getting a replacement.

It seems like the default response of the stories we see here on the forum is that the majority of the dealers will deny anything they can unless you fight them to honor your warranty.

I was hoping to avoid the giant hassle and waste of time trying to get things fixed by purchasing the MaxCare. This will be my first Ram product, fingers crossed it wont be my last.
Dealership was only doing what they were told by Stellantis/ RAM corporate which was “not covered”. First call to corporate was a hard no also. Not until RAMCares got involved that it turned into a one time “good will” repair. I agree the MaxCare extended contract is very clear.

Users who are viewing this thread