5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you've had the rear window leak...

bskubon

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Limited with sliding rear window, only 8000 miles and garaged most of this time. I don’t have any cracks on either top side if the slider. But, had to leave it out in the rain and next morning noticed some condensation under the rear seat on drivers side. Nothing terrible, couldn’t real feel water on the carpet. It’s not leaking from the brake light - sealed that couple years ago. Wondering if a bit of water can make its way thru the bottom of the slider track. Wondering if waisting my time taking in under warranty? Thoughts?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Limited with sliding rear window, only 8000 miles and garaged most of this time. I don’t have any cracks on either top side if the slider. But, had to leave it out in the rain and next morning noticed some condensation under the rear seat on drivers side. Nothing terrible, couldn’t real feel water on the carpet. It’s not leaking from the brake light - sealed that couple years ago. Wondering if a bit of water can make its way thru the bottom of the slider track. Wondering if waisting my time taking in under warranty? Thoughts?
I’d spray it down with the water hose real good to see what happens, then you will know more before taking it in

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

If you're experiencing concerns with your windows leaking, please reach out to us. We'd love to document it as well as see where we can assist you with the repairs. We're available via direct messaging.

Callie
Ram Cares

Autarkis

Reaction score
For those of you who have owned a Ram with a leak at the back window and had it fixed by replacing the entire rear window, did it return eventually?
Leak hasn't returned, but I'll be replacing the back glass to the third one because the rear defrost went out on the first replacement.

6of36

Reaction score
Leak hasn't returned, but I'll be replacing the back glass to the third one because the rear defrost went out on the first replacement.
Depending on why it went out, it may be able to be repaired without replacement. There is a grid repair, that is a conductive material, that is put on the bad spot, then activated with a heat gun. My description of it is vague, but there is a repair. If yours is repairable, with the way these things leak, if yours isn't leaking, I would go that way, rather than chancing the replacement.

kory593

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

If you're experiencing concerns with your windows leaking, please reach out to us. We'd love to document it as well as see where we can assist you with the repairs. We're available via direct messaging.

Callie
Ram Cares
My rear window is leaking due to the frame crack. I reached out to Chrysler took my vehicle for the diagnostic and they denied the repair saying they won’t cover the replacement.

rcflyn4fun

Reaction score
@RamCares did NOT care about my rear window cracked and leaking either. I found a solid rear window with defrost. Anyone have any experience with doing something like that and doing away with the rear slider all together?

rcflyn4fun

Reaction score
Also found this on another forum, not excited about this at all!

Idahoktm

Reaction score
@RamCares did NOT care about my rear window cracked and leaking either. I found a solid rear window with defrost. Anyone have any experience with doing something like that and doing away with the rear slider all together?

This post shows a solid rear window on a 2022 Big Horn. After doing a little research, it's been determined that the solid rear window is frameless, so that would eliminate the potential for a cracked frame leak. I have a small leak in the upper corners of my rear window that I'm going to seal with Permatex. If that doesn't work, I'm going to replace it with a solid rear window and be done with it.

Last edited:

ebland0724

Reaction score
For those of you who have owned a Ram with a leak at the back window and had it fixed by replacing the entire rear window, did it return eventually?
Yep ... replaced it in July 2021 by the dealer, and a few weeks ago (March 2023) it started leaking again. And this time, I have a FOUL odor blowing out of the vents every time I start up...

BULLDOGG353

Reaction score
I'll be throwing down some permatex. Simple, cheap.
After fighting with dealer and chrysler customer care about rear glass frame issue 0n my 2019 Limited with 90k on the dial, I permatexed the hell out of it including shark fin, third brake light and even inside track above frame! It's been roughly around 3 months and so far so good! few truck notes left on this bucket of worms and I'm done with Ram.........

scottwright

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Callie
Ram Cares
Good day Ram Cares

I own at 2019 Big Horn that I leased new and then bought out at lease end. My rear window is leaking and has 2 cracks on the top frame on either side of the sliding window. The leak occurs from the passenger side crack.

My leak started during my warranty period but I never connected the dots. Water spots developed on the inside of the passenger side fixed rear window but I attributed that to having the rear window open when it was raining (rarely / never occurred but that's all I could come up with). 2 weeks ago I went thru the carwash and had rear seat passengers who identified the leak. I have since researched the issue and realize this is a recurring opportunity. I saw the TSB issued on 4/22/21 this AM.

I need your support to correct this issue for me please.

I can be reached via email at [email protected] or cell 616 481-7901. My VIN is 1C6SRFFT2KN687902. The vehicle currently has 58k miles ish.

Thank You

Scott Wright

RamCares

Reaction score
Good day Ram Cares

I own at 2019 Big Horn that I leased new and then bought out at lease end. My rear window is leaking and has 2 cracks on the top frame on either side of the sliding window. The leak occurs from the passenger side crack.

My leak started during my warranty period but I never connected the dots. Water spots developed on the inside of the passenger side fixed rear window but I attributed that to having the rear window open when it was raining (rarely / never occurred but that's all I could come up with). 2 weeks ago I went thru the carwash and had rear seat passengers who identified the leak. I have since researched the issue and realize this is a recurring opportunity. I saw the TSB issued on 4/22/21 this AM.

I can be reached via email at [email protected] or cell 616 481-7901. My VIN is 1C6SRFFT2KN687902. The vehicle currently has 58k miles ish.

Thank You

Scott Wright
Hello Scott,

Thank you so much for bringing this concern to us. We would love to get you some help and need just a little bit more information from you. Can you please send us a direct message?

Callie
Ram Cares

Philth

Reaction score
Good day Ram Cares

Thank You

Scott Wright
I hope they make it right. My '23 just finished production and this worries me with all of the electronics issues people are having as a result of this.

Users who are viewing this thread