5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got some TRX take offs on my Rebel

Rokyn78

Reaction score
My Bora 1.25” spacers arrived today. The tires stick out a bit more than I thought they would. I had rubbing on both sides, a little on the passenger, a lot on the drivers. Some massaging with the heat gun fixed it for now. View attachment 92805 View attachment 92806 View attachment 92807
As far as your spacers go, was there any issue with fitment? Did you have to grind the studs? And did the hubs line up with the Bora 1.25"? Looking to do the same thing as you but I'm nervous to spend that much and still have unknowns. Thanks for any help!

robe2388

Reaction score
Good morning gentleman,
I put the TRX wheels in the Rebel with 2” spacers I already had, and it rubs a lot on both sides of the Inner fender/ fender liner. I’ll try to put some heat in the liners but I don’t think it will clear the edge. Any ideas?

PS: It rubs when wheel fully turned.

CF78FDDF-0744-4B48-BE4F-F56932AA0DAD.jpeg

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Good morning gentleman,
I put the TRX wheels in the Rebel with 2” spacers I already had, and it rubs a lot on both sides of the Inner fender/ fender liner. I’ll try to put some heat in the liners but I don’t think it will clear the edge. Any ideas?

View attachment 102030
Lift it or get smaller tires

Ochoa1801

Reaction score
I have air suspension, even with the truck all way up still rubs. Guess I’ll have to go with the smaller tires.
But some people said only you need is two inch spacer wheel, maybe level kit too ?

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
For what it's worth, my tire shop said if you put spacers on, it will void the manufacturers warranty on the tires.

I wonder why, do they get excessive pressure added onto them.
so take the spacers off before you get your tires rotated or serviced. who's going to know.....

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
Are you guys using the stock TRX tire size too? (325?) I am wondering if going to a 315 may help

todfhunt

Reaction score
Good morning gentleman,

View attachment 102030
Reading that well rubbing is occurring with 1.25 to 2.0 spacers. By my calcs the minimum spacer needed to fully clear the control arm is 0.737, so 3/4. Do you guys think a smaller spacer would minimize or eliminate the well rub?

Last edited:

robe2388

Reaction score
Reading that rubbing is occurring with 1.25 to 2.0 spacers. By my calcs the minimum spacer needed to fully clear the control arm is 0.737, so 3/4. Do you guys think a smaller spacer would minimize or eliminate the well rub?

I literally cut the inner liners until the wheel wouldn’t touch them anymore and I’m good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

todfhunt

Reaction score
Glad it worked out. That’s what I’m wanting avoid however, so curious if you feel a smaller spacer would help.

robe2388

Reaction score
Glad it worked out. That’s what I’m wanting avoid however, so curious if you feel a smaller spacer would help.

From what I understand, a smaller one would run even more. I’m not 100% sure now.

todfhunt

Reaction score
From what I understand, a smaller one would run even more. I’m not 100% sure now.

Where was the rubbing: Forward inside edge or outside edge or both? Or backside on which side? Would appear the backside outside edge is most vulnerable.

robe2388

Reaction score
Where was the rubbing: Forward inside edge or outside edge or both? Or backside on which side?

Outside edge when wheels fully turned, it was touching the little fender flare plastic edges and some of the liner. Took it off and cut some of the liner with a box cutter and honestly you can’t tell.

694e011534f24540b48c891fb85b9c91.jpg

todfhunt

Reaction score
Outside edge when wheels fully turned, it was touching the little fender flare plastic edges and some of the liner. Took it off and cut some of the liner with a box cutter and honestly you can’t tell.

694e011534f24540b48c891fb85b9c91.jpg

Strong work! Looks great. I’m gonna do the 3/4 spacer for now and see. Likely adding a 3.5” lift (net 2.5” gain) over time.

skyshade

Reaction score
Strong work! Looks great. I’m gonna do the 3/4 spacer for now and see. Likely adding a 3.5” lift (net 2.5” gain) over time.
I also intent to 3.5” lift (net 2.5” gain), curious about your results with the spacer.

Turbod

Reaction score
What are you guys paying for these take off’s? I’ve got a set near me but want to make sure I’m not getting screwed.

zajaco

Reaction score
You guys running TRX wheels/tires, did you have any issues with your truck picking up the TPMS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online