5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Get the Best Price on Your New Ram

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I signed up with PenFed a couple of weeks ago so I should have the $1k cert by the time my truck is built. If a Ram truck pop up comes up by the time are those two stackable?
Most, but not all, emailed certificates are not stackable with another. You can always call FCA Incentives and go through your available discounts when you have all the codes. The number is on the first page of this thread. I was on the phone with them going through my discounts the other day.

Last edited:

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Most, but not all, emailed certificates are not stackable with another. You can always call FCA Incentives and go through your available discounts when you have all the codes. The number is on the first page of this thread. I was on the phone with them going through my discounts the other day.
So, I'm assuming it's best to do that when your factory order is almost complete?

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Tread Lightly works with most other rebates. It is not a certificate. Most, but not all, emailed certificates are not stackable with another.
Okay, so I'm sorry but still not clear on the answer here and I think the confusion lies in what's an email certificate and what's a rebate in this instance. The question was if the PenFed and Tread Lightly discounts were stackable. Yes or No? I understand we get rebates from FCA, but what are the Tread Lightly and PenFed discounts considered? Email certificates? Sorry for the question, but I'm just confused on what's what.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm sorry but still not clear on the answer here and I think the confusion lies in what's an email certificate and what's a rebate in this instance. The question was if the PenFed and Tread Lightly discounts were stackable. Yes or No? I understand we get rebates from FCA, but what are the Tread Lightly and PenFed discounts considered? Email certificates? Sorry for the question, but I'm just confused on what's what.

Jumping on here a bit as I think you and I are trying to do the same thing so this was my order of operation for getting my best price:

1. PenFed Cert via TrueCar acquired
2. Tread Lightly Code acquired
3. Reach out to dealers with intention to special order mentioning those two codes up front OR do I get best price first THEN mention I have those 2?
4. Negotiate price of truck before rebates
5. Verify dealer fees that are being tacked on
6. Go back to top 3 dealers and get them to beat the other 3
7. Pick a dealer, put a deposit down and pray the incentives when I take delivery are really good
8. When truck arrives at dealer, call RAM Trucks Incentives hotline to see everything I qualify for before I fly down to the dealer
9. Take delivery and then fill out the Bonus Drive rebate

Both Tread Lightly & PenFed have a waiting period...with trucks taking 3 months to ship now looks like I'll be planning on a 4th of July delivery which should yield some pretty good incentives.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
With gas prices climbing I’m curious if truck sales will slow down. If so, I wonder if that will cause a rise in rebate amounts.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With gas prices climbing I’m curious if truck sales will slow down. If so, I wonder if that will cause a rise in rebate amounts.

...an additional consideration I had is looking at current dirt bike & camping store inventories (I've already bought my 2021 dirt bike & my freeze-dried meals for camping) is that with the chip shortage, July into September could be a truck-constrained market so much that there just aren't any deals to be had. Locking in a discount now may be our best hope versus dealers in July who know if you don't buy it someone else will and walk-up buyers in July will have little bargaining chips.

I think 2021 will be like 2020 with outdoor recreation again having a record year and by-proxy trucks. I could be very wrong...not really the thread for that but I think pricing and ordering a truck in March is going to be the better plan OR wait until November. I sleep off my motorcycle 40 nights a year and last year, trying to buy food & camping gear mid-summer was impossible.

Silent Bob

Reaction score

If they email you code for exact dollars off, it is probably a certificate. PenFed will email you a code for $1000.

Tread Lightly or gets you 1% below Invoice Pricing (FWP) and any available incentives/rebates with
Access Fund for $50 - LINK
or
Tread Lightly for $100 - LINK

If your dealer is already giving you more than 1% off (he should be if you are putting in the work) you may not need this discount. Some dealers will use this discount to get to their price however, while others say it is irrelevant.

Last edited:

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
A PENFED discount is not the same as a FCA Affiliates Control number. An FCA Affiliates discount comes from an employer or supplier, and it does generate a control number for 1% below invoice + $75 fee.
Its applicable the second you generate the control number.

Bonus Drive $250 is AFTER you purchase the vehicle, go online, submit the info, and after its verified, you may qualify. Takes 6-8 weeks.

There hasn't been a RAM POP-UP since December.
I believe someone else asked a clarifying question, but to help with my confusion.

I'm aware that the Ped Fed is not the same as the FCA Affiliates Control Number. Pen Fed is $1K for being a member for 60 days, and FCA is 1% under invoice - correct? And Tread Lightly is the same as FCA Affiliates?

Basically, your best offer is as follows:
1) 1K Pen Fed
2) $250 cash afterwards
3) Applicable rebates
4) Any negotiation that you might get at the dealership

The FCA Affliates gives you 1% under invoice + rebates, but most folks simply negotiate better than that.

Did I get it right? I feel like I'm back in college!

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I believe someone else asked a clarifying question, but to help with my confusion.

I'm aware that the Ped Fed is not the same as the FCA Affiliates Control Number. Pen Fed is $1K for being a member for 60 days, and FCA is 1% under invoice - correct? And Tread Lightly is the same as FCA Affiliates?

Basically, your best offer is as follows:
1) 1K Pen Fed
2) $250 cash afterwards
3) Applicable rebates
4) Any negotiation that you might get at the dealership

The FCA Affliates gives you 1% under invoice + rebates, but most folks simply negotiate better than that.

Did I get it right? I feel like I'm back in college!

That all looks good. There are sometimes other rebates you can combine that are emailed or because of other affiliations. If you find some call FCA Incentives.

When negotiating more than 1% under invoice (which you should) some dealers may use your Affiliate number to give you more off and some won't. After negotiating ask them if they can take off even more with your affiliate number but understand if they can't. Don't give them the number unless they agree to the discount. Technically they are not supposed to use it unless they are doing only 1% under.

Last edited:

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I got a pop up coupon email, but it expired. Is it possible to get a new one?

Also, if someone can save me a call to FCA incentives.....where can I find the info on the 2020 Conquest Cash? Wanted to confirm its expired.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Just got an email for $1000 off from Ram. Expires April 30th. Any chance this combines with the PenFed $1000?
You can call FCA Incentives at 1-800-227-0757 to help you figure out which rebates you can use. Helpfulness varies on who you talk to.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone work out a great price from Lakeland CDJR in Lakeland, FL on a special build? Who did you work with at the dealership?

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Saw this today when looking around for more rebates: https://www.drivepluscard.com/disclosures

If you apply for a RAM credit card and spend $7500 in 2021, you'll get a $1000 coupon to apply to a RAM purchase. I think you have to wait until January 1st or I could be reading it wrong? I can easily put $7500 on a card in about 4-5 months by using it for everything, just a shame that once you hit that $7500, you have to wait at least until 2021 OR looking at fine print, like 8 weeks for the certificate.

It'd be great if it was instant, I'd put the down payment of $7500 for the truck on the card if I got like a statement credit or something but if it was easy, they wouldn't do it.

Anyone have experience with this deal and want to shed some light?

"Earn a $1,000 Bonus Certificate towards your next new FCA US vehicle* when you spend $7,500 in your first year.3 *Model restrictions apply. See your dealer for program details, current model eligibility and to learn if this offer can be combined with other FCA offers."

I guess in short, if I knew this was a thing I would have opened an account up in December and put everything on it for a few months. It's another $1000 off. I'm sure some credit card geeks in here know other ways to get more value in points for $7.5K in purchases but those looking for the absolute best deal could do well to add this to their savings scenario if they are not buying a truck today.

$1000 Off - PenFed
1% under invoice - TreadLightly
$1000 off - RAM credit card (after spending $7500)

Users who are viewing this thread