5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Get the Best Price on Your New Ram

Nova90

Reaction score
Thanks, I’m glad I posted. I’ll give him a call back in a week and confirm what I heard was correct.

If he’s able to beat Mark Dodge by $400 and save me a fly & drive, then he may have himself a deal.
That's exactly where I'm leaning. His price was a couple hundred lower but potentially will save me over $1,000 more on shipping using the courtesy delivery.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's exactly where I'm leaning. His price was a couple hundred lower but potentially will save me over $1,000 more on shipping using the courtesy delivery.

My problem now is the wife. She LOVES road trips, like lives for them and when I told her about a fly and drive from Louisiana then told her about getting it shipped to NH, she was like "don't screw up this trip for me!"

If it's July, we may ride down on our motorcycles then load them up and drive home.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
My problem now is the wife. She LOVES road trips, like lives for them and when I told her about a fly and drive from Louisiana then told her about getting it shipped to NH, she was like "don't screw up this trip for me!"

If it's July, we may ride down on our motorcycles then load them up and drive home.

If Phillip can make the courtesy delivery happen you could apply the $1400 savings to a road trip of the wife's choice.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update:
Mark Dodge is now at 14.3% after we had a phone call.

I spoke to the salesman @ Bud Clary, their price is 14.7% off MSRP (before any fees, tax, etc)

Note: For me, they would only ship the truck to my dealer if I paid for it in full, or ship it to me around $1 a mile OR I could come get it but shipping & fly & drive NH to WA would eat up the savings so unfortunately, Bud Clary probably won't earn my business unless they can have the truck sent to me. I plan on calling them back in a couple of weeks to ask if their rules on where they ship has changed.

I hope you guys don't mind me sharing this info here as I get it. Once I actually put in an order, I'll share it in the other "price negotiated" thread.

Final update (for now)?

I’m down to 15.1% off my build (non bighorn) from the Louisiana Dealer before any incentives/rebates and before tax & fees. I’ll tell them I still am committing to myself to pull the trigger the last week of March but I appreciate them coming down a bit.

mtnchar762

Reaction score
AdamChandler, When the time is right, can you share your build details? Your are beating my bids by about 3%, I am wondering what the difference is....

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
AdamChandler, When the time is right, can you share your build details? Your are beating my bids by about 3%, I am wondering what the difference is....

Hi, good evening!

I actually have posted it on another thread.I'm going to quote the post below but link to it here - https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/price-negotiated-from-msrp.274/post-423056
Posting my deal on an ordered RAM 1500 now that it is signed. I'll quote this post in June/July if for some reason rebates swing in a different direction. This is with Mark Dodge
  1. MSRP: $76,200 (Link to Build)
  2. Invoice: $69,892
  3. Incentives: FCA Affiliates, RAM Email Code (-$1000), Chrysler Capital (-$500). No sales tax in New Hampshire.
  4. $219 in Dealer Fees
  5. OTD - $63,475
  6. % off MSRP = 16.7%
  7. $ off MSRP = $12,725
While this is not an official reporting factor, I consider the $3931 in savings I'm financing with 0% interest at Chrysler Capital versus 2.4% at my local credit union to be a very under-rated incentive that people should consider. If you're going to finance at like 84 months at 2.5%-3% interest in April, you're going to save some serious cash taking advantage of 0%. I hear a credit score above 700 with a mix of income to debt ratio is necessary. This calculator can be helpful - https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/loans/auto-loans/car-loan-calculator

Huge shout out to Mark Dodge. My pool was roughly 5-6 dealers, many from this forum and a few locals. This price was a full $1500 cheaper than anyone else from the very first contact a month ago and zero hassle or pressuring in the last 4 weeks to move forward. When I was ready to move forward, the purchase & sale agreement I got within 30 minutes in addition to the lock-in on the promotions.

Here is my RAM build - https://www.ramtrucks.com/bmo.ram_1...9,ASH,ANT,ADB,ADG,AHC,NFF,MWK,XHC,CS7,UAX,28M

-------

Since you seem to be curious about strategy....I really didn't have one. Here's an Excel Spreadsheet I kept track up with Mark Dodge.

C2wmaK9.png

Row 1 - My build
Row 2 - 1st 'offer' from mark dodge (they were aware I had FCA Affiliates 1% under invoice so they started from that figure (likely why I'm getting a better price?)
Row 3 - Phone call next day "would you take $500 off?"
Row 5 - Email next evening "I'll throw in another $600 off"
I waited one week..no further offers

I then sent this spreadsheet in and said "confirm everything is correct and if so, send me a purchase & sale form" and they did, all checked out and I gave them $1000 so financed amount = $62,475. I do not plan on doing a down payment unless Chrysler requires it at 0% interest, my money performs better staying in the market than it does giving them any money up front but we'll see.

The same build was sent to every dealer on this site (even the one in Washington) and 3 dealers that are high volume within 100 miles of me. Mark Dodge beat them all with their first price then kept dropping it. I felt like asking Aaron for $500 more off but honestly, I was fine with the deal.

TS RAM

Reaction score
First, Thanks to all, especially Silent Bob for posting all this valuable info.
I stumbled upon a bit of info that might be helpful to someone out there:

My tale: Ram 1500 ordered Feb 19, 2021. Status D for a month with no changes. FCA incentives hotline
( 1-800-227-0757) was helpful, telling me exactly which March rebates could be preserved by the dealer using "sold order protention" as my vehicle would clearly not be delivered anytime soon.
My dealer (a 'friend') was not interested in troubling themselves with going through the "sold order protection" effort to save me money.

Any GOOD dealer should be willing to implement "Sold Order Protection" for their customers according to the FCA Incentives Hotline rep. Rep even said the dealer could call them if they were unsure how to do it! If you have a truck on order, I'll suggest you attempt to lock in the March incentives should your truck be delivered after March 31. This presumes the incentives won't be as big after March, a fair assumption.

Moving on...I ended up driving 40 mies to a dealer who had on the lot a nearly identical truck to what I ordered. Started with a below Invoice dealer price, got all of the rebates and incentives I could get , and then 0%. Cancelled my original order which I would have been glad to wait for if only that first dealer would have shown some interest to helping me preserve the March incentives.
So, as of yesterday, I own the new 1500, ended up with a fantastic deal due to all the advice presented here. THANK YOU!

Nova90

Reaction score
First, Thanks to all, especially Silent Bob for posting all this valuable info.
I stumbled upon a bit of info that might be helpful to someone out there:

My tale: Ram 1500 ordered Feb 19, 2021. Status D for a month with no changes. FCA incentives hotline
( 1-800-227-0757) was helpful, telling me exactly which March rebates could be preserved by the dealer using "sold order protention" as my vehicle would clearly not be delivered anytime soon.
My dealer (a 'friend') was not interested in troubling themselves with going through the "sold order protection" effort to save me money.

Any GOOD dealer should be willing to implement "Sold Order Protection" for their customers according to the FCA Incentives Hotline rep. Rep even said the dealer could call them if they were unsure how to do it! If you have a truck on order, I'll suggest you attempt to lock in the March incentives should your truck be delivered after March 31. This presumes the incentives won't be as big after March, a fair assumption.

Moving on...I ended up driving 40 mies to a dealer who had on the lot a nearly identical truck to what I ordered. Started with a below Invoice dealer price, got all of the rebates and incentives I could get , and then 0%. Cancelled my original order which I would have been glad to wait for if only that first dealer would have shown some interest to helping me preserve the March incentives.
So, as of yesterday, I own the new 1500, ended up with a fantastic deal due to all the advice presented here. THANK YOU!
Congratulations. If a dealer isn't willing to provide a service that protects you financially, time to move on to another.

Jayson090

Reaction score
First time posting on here, so I apologize if I’m asking questions that have been answered before. I’m looking to purchase my first Ram with the following specs:

- 2021 Ram 1500 Limited, 4x4 with 5’-7” bed -eTourque Hemi -Anti-spin
- 3.92 gears
- 33 gallon fuel tank
- Night Edition
- Advanced Safety Group
- Bed Utility group
- Granite Crystal exterior
- Multifunction tailgate
- Black interior
- Pano sunroof
- Trailer brake control

MSRP is $72,200

Per this thread, I reached out to Aaron at Mark Dodge and was quoted $61795 plus $219 doc/temp tag/notary, any applicable rebates and ttl. Which I think is 14.4% off MSRP.

I’m leaning towards the $500/0% financing, which is 15.1% off MSRP.

I tried getting the $1000 coupon from ramtruck.com, but haven’t had any success. I haven’t signed up for Penfed yet, but bot sure it would help because Aaron said it would be needed at the time of order if I was looking to lock in the 0%... so obviously wouldn’t work to wait the 60 days.

Any other coupons/incentives I should be aware of? Any tips/recommendations to get the $1000 Ram bonus cash from their website.

I’m trying to get the price after rebates and incentives down to $59,500. Not in a huge hurry, but would hate to miss out on 0% financing. Thanks for everyone’s help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First time posting on here, so I apologize if I’m asking questions that have been answered before. I’m looking to purchase my first Ram with the following specs:

- 2021 Ram 1500 Limited, 4x4 with 5’-7” bed -eTourque Hemi -Anti-spin
- 3.92 gears
- 33 gallon fuel tank
- Night Edition
- Advanced Safety Group
- Bed Utility group
- Granite Crystal exterior
- Multifunction tailgate
- Black interior
- Pano sunroof
- Trailer brake control

MSRP is $72,200

Per this thread, I reached out to Aaron at Mark Dodge and was quoted $61795 plus $219 doc/temp tag/notary, any applicable rebates and ttl. Which I think is 14.4% off MSRP.

I’m leaning towards the $500/0% financing, which is 15.1% off MSRP.

I tried getting the $1000 coupon from ramtruck.com, but haven’t had any success. I haven’t signed up for Penfed yet, but bot sure it would help because Aaron said it would be needed at the time of order if I was looking to lock in the 0%... so obviously wouldn’t work to wait the 60 days.

Any other coupons/incentives I should be aware of? Any tips/recommendations to get the $1000 Ram bonus cash from their website.

I’m trying to get the price after rebates and incentives down to $59,500. Not in a huge hurry, but would hate to miss out on 0% financing. Thanks for everyone’s help!

Sign up for the emails on ramtrucks with as many email addresses as possible. Hopefully at the beginning of the month you get something. For the meantime you can get the TrueCar $500 coupon.

UNL67Volvo

Reaction score
I saw the Ram Credit Card mentioned recently on this thread. So, I'm going to post this here but if you think I should start a new thread let me know.

I noticed that the Ram Credit Card has unlimited 5% cash back on Ram dealership purchases. I couldn't pay the $1000 down deposit with a credit card at Bud Clary without a 3% fee. So, I presume if I pay for the truck at time of receipt/delivery that 3% fee still applies (but I'll confirm with Phillip). Well, that's still a 2% net on the purchase.

On top of the cash back, if I timed it right I'd get the extra $100 too (for spending >$499 at the dealer during the card's first filling cycle). I wasn't getting any financing deal through Bud Clary, so I just plan on paying cash. This potential Credit Card deal has me thinking I could possibly net another $1000 on top of the other rebates, PenFed, etc.

I'd want to get the card before going to pick up the truck to try and raise the card's limit as much as possible over the phone before making the purchase.

Thoughts?!

Jayson090

Reaction score
Sign up for the emails on ramtrucks with as many email addresses as possible. Hopefully at the beginning of the month you get something. For the meantime you can get the TrueCar $500 coupon.

Thanks for the tip on the $500. I was hoping to get the $1000 bonus cash email so I can lock in the 0% financing before the incentives change next month. I might have to wait and take a chance.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on the $500. I was hoping to get the $1000 bonus cash email so I can lock in the 0% financing before the incentives change next month. I might have to wait and take a chance.

If you get the $1000 you can use that instead when the time comes. To worry about $500 compared to more with 0% is risky business but it's your call

Jayson090

Reaction score
If you get the $1000 you can use that instead when the time comes. To worry about $500 compared to more with 0% is risky business but it's your call

From emails with Aaron, my understanding is that I can order now using a $500 TrueCar coupon and lock in the $500/0%. But if I later get the $1000 coupon and wanted to use it, I’d have to go with the Ram rebates/incentives at the time of delivery, which could be better or worse (0% may be gone).

Is this not right?

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From emails with Aaron, my understanding is that I can order now using a $500 TrueCar coupon and lock in the $500/0%. But if I later get the $1000 coupon and wanted to use it, I’d have to go with the Ram rebates/incentives at the time of delivery, which could be better or worse (0% may be gone).

Is this not right?

The $500 True Car and the $1000 coupon have no affect on the 0%. These are just Direct Marketing coupons (can't use both, it's one or the other). I locked in back in January and got the coupon in March. I'm still getting the $500/0% and the $1000.

Silent Bob

Reaction score

Is this not right?

Join PenFed now and in 60 days print out the $1000 offer code. You do not need to lock it in to use it. It is my understanding you only lock in the monthly factory offers. You can call FCA Incentives to verify this.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I saw the Ram Credit Card mentioned recently on this thread. So, I'm going to post this here but if you think I should start a new thread let me know.

I noticed that the Ram Credit Card has unlimited 5% cash back on Ram dealership purchases. I couldn't pay the $1000 down deposit with a credit card at Bud Clary without a 3% fee. So, I presume if I pay for the truck at time of receipt/delivery that 3% fee still applies (but I'll confirm with Phillip). Well, that's still a 2% net on the purchase.

On top of the cash back, if I timed it right I'd get the extra $100 too (for spending >$499 at the dealer during the card's first filling cycle). I wasn't getting any financing deal through Bud Clary, so I just plan on paying cash. This potential Credit Card deal has me thinking I could possibly net another $1000 on top of the other rebates, PenFed, etc.

I'd want to get the card before going to pick up the truck to try and raise the card's limit as much as possible over the phone before making the purchase.

Thoughts?!

I would get details from both credit card company and FCA Incentives on what can be combined and when.

RIDE

Reaction score
BIG thanks to Silent Bob for all of this useful info! It's great to be able to cut through the BS and get an idea of which dealers are easiest to work with. If you don't live near one, or mind a fly and drive...the info is GOLD.

I am looking to build/buy a 75th Anniversary Power Wagon. I reached out to both Dennis Dillon (Leah) and Bud Clary (Phillip), and received very similar quotes.

MSRP: $71, 720
Price: $63, 435 (Dennis Dillon) $63,694 (Bud Clary)
11.5% off MSRP (DD) and 11.2% (BC)
I am going to be moving from Cali to Orem/Provo Utah by the time I purchase...so Dillon is also closer for a fly and drive.

I am guessing that since I am looking at a limited production truck, that my numbers aren't going to be as good as a more standard version? Pricing out a standard Power Wagon with essentially the same options, gets me to just about the same MSRP.....so I might consider having one built like that and priced out to compare.

UPDATE: I did price out a regular Power Wagon essentially built as close to the 75th as I could. The quote from DD was MSRP $69,935 and price $60,958 or 12.8% discount from MSRP. Definitely a better deal, but I am a sucker for the front seat set up in the 75th.

RIDE

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread