5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Get the Best Price on Your New Ram

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did get a company code where I can enter in some information to get a control number on the FCA Affiliate site. However invoice on that truck is 57,691.

Less 1% = $57114.09
Less $6500 (I do have a Ford and assume they are competitive with their financing)
$50,614.09

That is more than the dealer list price, although the have a bunch of BS fees that they absolutely won't remove such as VIN etching.

How are folks getting 20% + off? Good old fashioned negotiating, sending offers to multiple dealers, etc?
I personally feel that some folks here make it seem like it's super easy to get 15-20% off. It actually takes time, timing on deal, what rebates apply (not all work together) and knowing the numbers. It's not as easy as it looks for some. Others enjoy the finance process, others just want to get the best deal right now to get it over with and just start driving.

The one thing that isn't explained in any of it, is the human factor. Once we start the truck shopping process, we get all super excited and emotions starts to play, then being impatient follows on when we want it...that being sooner than later.

At the end of the day, if you want to save money, there is plenty of info here...but too much for some.

TIME is pretty much the big factor here. From when the rebates are good for (changes monthly), to being part of an affilate (30-60 days to get the code), end of month is the best time to buy, and finally your expectations.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score

These two gentlemen are offering members of this forum great pricing.

Phillip Olson, General Sales Manager at Bud Clary in Washington State
Tell him Silent Bob from 5thGenRams Forum sent you.
Cell 360-434-2929 (text is great)
[email protected]

Aaron Ginsburgh, New Car Sales Manager at Mark Dodge in Louisiana
Cell 318-792-1220 (text is great)
[email protected]

I heartily endorse both of these gentlemen.

The communications were up front, direct, and clear. No hidden numbers.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I did get a company code where I can enter in some information to get a control number on the FCA Affiliate site. However invoice on that truck is 57,691.

Less 1% = $57114.09
Less $6500 (I do have a Ford and assume they are competitive with their financing)
$50,614.09

That is more than the dealer list price, although the have a bunch of BS fees that they absolutely won't remove such as VIN etching.

How are folks getting 20% + off? Good old fashioned negotiating, sending offers to multiple dealers, etc?

Get a Lower Price

Now that we know anyone can easily get 1% off the factory invoice this can be a starting point to negotiation for those willing to put in the work.
Make email contact with as many dealerships as possible and ask them for their best price. Go to websites and look for contacts for Sales Manager, Internet Sales Manager or Fleet Manager if possible. Those in the internet and fleet departments are used to giving lower prices than the general salesmen. Some fleet departments will not work with an individual and will pass you off. Looking for high volume dealers in adjacent states can often get you lower prices.

Volume Dealers

These are some dealers known to give out low offers. If distance is a problem you can do a "fly & drive", have it shipped, or use the numbers to negotiate locally.
Bud Clary in Washington State LINK
Mark Dodge in Louisiana LINK
Criswell in Maryland LINK
Koons in Virginia LINK
Dennis Dillon in Idaho LINK
Lakeland in Florida LINK

These two gentlemen are offering members of this forum great pricing.

Phillip Olson, General Sales Manager at Bud Clary in Washington State
Cell 360-434-2929 (text is great)
[email protected]

Aaron Ginsburgh, New Car Sales Manager at Mark Dodge in Louisiana
Cell 318-792-1220 (text is great)
[email protected]

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I signed up on the first link a few days ago - I JUST got an email!

But I was supposed to get a code for $1000...correct?
Most people get some sort of discount code at some point. I received one offering a $1000 for the Presidents' Day sale on 2/9/2021.

90goldtsiawd

Reaction score
For anyone in the Tri-State area or further, my name is Kristian Henriksen and I'm a salesman at Johnson Dodge in Budd Lake, NJ. I have 13 years experience in auto sales to go along with being 3rd generation in the business. My grandfather owned a dealership before I was born, my father has been in the business for over 40 years and my uncle 30 years as well. If I can help anybody out please PM me.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I personally feel that some folks here make it seem like it's super easy to get 15-20% off. It actually takes time, timing on deal, what rebates apply (not all work together) and knowing the numbers. It's not as easy as it looks for some. Others enjoy the finance process, others just want to get the best deal right now to get it over with and just start driving.

The one thing that isn't explained in any of it, is the human factor. Once we start the truck shopping process, we get all super excited and emotions starts to play, then being impatient follows on when we want it...that being sooner than later.

At the end of the day, if you want to save money, there is plenty of info here...but too much for some.

TIME is pretty much the big factor here. From when the rebates are good for (changes monthly), to being part of an affiliate

It does take varying degrees of work and definitely depends on current incentives. The current incentives on my order are not great (cash discount wise) but I should be about 18% below MSRP. If I were getting a Big Horn it would be more around the 22-25% range.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It does take varying degrees of work and definitely depends on current incentives. The current incentives on my order are not great but I should be about 18% below MSRP. If I were getting a Big Horn it would be more around the 22-25% range.
It certainly isn't easy to get the best deal. My last two Rams I got way better of a deal than my 2019. My 2000 (Quad, SLT 4x4, 5.9, Sunroof) I got 30.4% off MSRP, and my 2007 (4x4, 3.92, Laramie, Sunroof, Hemi 5.7MDS) I got 31.2% off MSRP. My 2019 I got 19.1% off MSRP. I ordered my 2000 over the phone and flew to pick it up, and my 2007 was a non-saleable AAFES non-picked up custom order until they found out I was Military and worked the deal through AAFES New Car Sales.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To add...the truck market is super hot right now with low inventory.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

90goldtsiawd

Reaction score
Kristian Henriksen at Johnson Dodge in New Jersey has just offered members of this forum in the tri-state area low prices.

If you make contact, please let us know how it goes. Percentage off and experience is important information.

Kristian Henriksen at Johnson Dodge
Cell: (908) 310-9117
Email: [email protected]
Work Phone: (908) 850-8700 x135

Thank you Bob. And just to let everyone know we’re a Dodge Jeep Ram Chrysler store so if I can help any of the members on any of our products I’ll be more than happy to. All deals must go through me for this so please inquire with me directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kristian Henriksen at Johnson Dodge in New Jersey has just offered members of this forum in the tri-state area low prices.

If you make contact, please let us know how it goes. Percentage off and experience is important information.

Kristian Henriksen at Johnson Dodge
Cell: (908) 310-9117
Email: [email protected]
Work Phone: (908) 850-8700 x135

I posted elsewhere but Kristian and I had a 100% email chat earlier and I'm very impressed. Extremely knowledgeable, very transparent pricing, no screwing around just "here's what it'll cost" and no pressure to call up immediately. Definitely worth your time if you're in the northeast and looking to find a dealer that doesn't require buying a plane ticket to Louisiana, Washington or Idaho.

Silent Bob

Reaction score

This is a good point. If you are looking to save thousands more dollars on a new truck you need to have some patience. The salesmen want to get you exited and break you down so you will just accept their numbers. You should have researched what you want and pricing before you even enter the dealership for the first time. Once you go to the dealership do a test drive, ask all your questions, and get your salesman's contact information. I always give them a final chance to beat my best offer because they gave me their time. That is all you owe any dealership.

Excitement and impatience does not help you, it helps the dealership.

Keep Your Emotions In Check

"A car is not an impulse purchase," Sonari Glinton, NPR business correspondent

At its most basic, purchasing a car is a financial decision that's tied with emotion, and dealers will use tactics that play on your emotions.

I would suggest separating the different decisions.

Test-drive on one day. Figure out financing on another. Determine the best dealer on yet another.

"Remember, their job is to sell you a car today," says Jack Nerad, executive editorial director and executive market analyst with Kelley Blue Book and author of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Buying or Leasing a Car.

"If you don't like the experience of how they are treating you, leave," Nerad advises. "You have all the power. Use it. Walk out the door."

Dealers often will make you feel like the deal you're getting is scarce, says Camelia Kuhnen, a neuroeconomist at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. That will make you feel like you need to buy a car even if it's against your best judgment.

"You can easily survive without that particular car, at this particular dealership," she says.

Bringing a friend who will be dispassionate about the whole process and help advocate on your behalf is a good idea, Kuhnen adds.

www.npr.org/2016/05/05/476501335/how-to-buy-a-car-start-with-some-patience

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Still at it. Can someone confirm that I haven't missed any "opportunities"?

FCA Affiliates program - I'm eligible with a control number that will give me a starting point
Pen Fed - signed up, so in 60 days I'll get $1000 off. FYI - if your name is Robert and you go by Bob or anything similar...it will kick back your application and make you up load your SSN card, etc.
Bonus Drive - if I understand correctly I get $250 AFTER I buy the car and there is no action needed today?
FFA - no need to explore as I didn't participate in the past and cannot sign up now
Allstate - no need to explore as you cannot combine it with the higher Pen Fed discount

Two other questions:

Sam's - I've read this thread multiple times, but am still confused. Is there a discount that is stackable with the Pen Fed?
Ram trucks pop up $1000, $1500, etc - is there one, or is it long gone?

Thanks everyone!

U

User_3336

Still at it. Can someone confirm that I haven't missed any "opportunities"?

FCA Affiliates program - I'm eligible with a control number that will give me a starting point
Pen Fed - signed up, so in 60 days I'll get $1000 off. FYI
- if your name is Robert and you go by Bob or anything similar...it will kick back your application and make you up load your SSN card, etc.
Bonus Drive - if I understand correctly I get $250 AFTER I buy the car and there is no action needed today?
FFA - no need to explore as I didn't participate in the past and cannot sign up now
Allstate - no need to explore as you cannot combine it with the higher Pen Fed discount

Two other questions:

Sam's - I've read this thread multiple times, but am still confused. Is there a discount that is stackable with the Pen Fed?

Thanks everyone!
A PENFED discount is not the same as a FCA Affiliates Control number. An FCA Affiliates discount comes from an employer or supplier, and it does generate a control number for 1% below invoice + $75 fee.
Its applicable the second you generate the control number.

Bonus Drive $250 is AFTER you purchase the vehicle, go online, submit the info, and after its verified, you may qualify. Takes 6-8 weeks.

There hasn't been a RAM POP-UP since December.

bwilliam

Reaction score
Just wanted to give a shoutout to Silent Bob for this excellent thread - and to Phillip Olson at Bud Clary in Auburn. I followed some of the advice in this thread and was able to get a very good deal from Phillip on a 3500 factory order. Super easy to work with am very happy so far (build is in C status currently).

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep. Phillip Olson is who I went with due to his responsiveness and aggressiveness in making the numbers work.

Silent Bob

Reaction score

Thanks everyone!
Sam's Club is now only $500. It is not stackable with PenFed. Most, but not all, emailed certificates are not stackable with another.

Last edited:

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Sam's Club is now only $500. It is not stackable with PenFed. Most emailed certificates are not stackable with another.
I signed up with PenFed a couple of weeks ago so I should have the $1k cert by the time my truck is built. If a Ram truck pop up comes up by the time are those two stackable?

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Is that also meaning PenFed + Tread lightly is also not stackable?
Tread Lightly works with most other rebates. It is not a certificate. Most, but not all, emailed certificates are not stackable with another.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread