5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get radio update files

youngbreed

Reaction score
any anyone with the 39.7 update? I can't seem to get the one I got to work. upgraded to 34 just fine. Thank you

bwilliams33

Reaction score
I am currently at LR34 and I downloaded the PR39.9 file, but keep getting about 19% then getting a error code 20. Do I need to go to PR39.7 1st then to PR39.9? If so the UAX PR39.7 files are no longer accessible. Does anyone else have a copy? Thanks

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2019, which hasn't automatically updated in years.. ran an update last week.

Can't tell anything that has changed, and nothing seems to be fixed either.. so, anyone know what they actually 'fixed'?

jhaislip86

Reaction score
I've been trying to update my version 35 software to 37.7 and just can't get the USB to boot, the truck just won't start the update. I have formatted to FAT32, both quick format and slow, and used two drives. One is the 4GB drive that RAM calls for, the other a 16GB, neither one will boot the updater. The truck is in RUN, and I have cycled through back to RUN to try after waiting a few minutes. I get the device not supported message every 30 seconds, this is why I'm trying an update. Any ideas? This is 2020 RAM 1500 Limited. EDIT: Redid my 4GB with quick format and default allocation size checked, will try again.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've been trying to update my version 35 software to 37.7 and just can't get the USB to boot, the truck just won't start the update. I have formatted to FAT32, both quick format and slow, and used two drives. One is the 4GB drive that RAM calls for, the other a 16GB, neither one will boot the updater. The truck is in RUN, and I have cycled through back to RUN to try after waiting a few minutes. I get the device not supported message every 30 seconds, this is why I'm trying an update. Any ideas? This is 2020 RAM 1500 Limited. EDIT: Redid my 4GB with quick format and default allocation size checked, will try again.
You could have s bad USB hub. This is a known issue with some trucks

jhaislip86

Reaction score
I have replaced the hub, both front and rear. No luck with this USB. I have another 4Gb coming today.

jhaislip86

Reaction score
Still no luck with new brand of USB. Guess I will need to have the whole thing replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread