5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get radio update files

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can't change the modes on UC5 with the 12 inch as there are no physical buttons for anything except auto and front defroster.
The heated seats are also on the top cornor of the screen, but if you are on the climate page it disables the buttons in the cornors (despite them still being the same icon).

With the 8 inch you can change the temp juat by touching a knob and not looking, same with the heated seats and modes.
The 12 inch went backwards with hvac controls 100%.

I'm willing bet they could of made most of the buttons fit on the 12 inch.
Why do I have digital switches for parking sensors but not heated seats for example? Or maybe programmable switches instead of the hardcoded ones now. They just want to save money and are trying to integrate it all onto the screen and seeing how much they can get away with imo.
Temperature buttons are at the top, on both side if the display. Top button red, to turn up, and blue below it, to turn down. You only lose buttons for seats and wheel.
EDIT: You do still have seat and wheel buttons, on top bar. Just saw those worked today. They were only info before, showing if they are on. My last truck with the 12, had UC4, so I guess they added that for UC5. I had complained in my survey then.

Attachments

• iris.jpg
    iris.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the 12” UC5, and there is a physical mode button, and it cycles through all of the hvac modes.
View attachment 172511
But, since I just use auto, all of the hvac arguments regardless of screen size are moot to me, since there’s no reason for me to ever have to look at the the climate screen or mess with the hvac controls.
Agreed. Auto works 99% of the time for me

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the 12” UC5, and there is a physical mode button, and it cycles through all of the hvac modes.
View attachment 172511
But, since I just use auto, all of the hvac arguments regardless of screen size are moot to me, since there’s no reason for me to ever have to look at the the climate screen or mess with the hvac controls.
Mind... Blown...
Never saw or tried the mode button.

Auto works fine for me during the summer but not winter. When its cold it doesn't like to use the front vents , just the floor it seems.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mind... Blown...
Never saw or tried the mode button.

Auto works fine for me during the summer but not winter. When its cold it doesn't like to use the front vents , just the floor it seems.
That's normal "heater" position. Warm air rises, so blow it down and it will warm whole cabin. But winter is the only time I don't use auto all the time. That's only because, when I'm out playing in the snow and getting it thrown up onto windshield, I need straight defrost to keep window cleared. And Auto won't do that.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's normal "heater" position. Warm air rises, so blow it down and it will warm whole cabin. But winter is the only time I don't use auto all the time. That's only because, when I'm out playing in the snow and getting it thrown up onto windshield, I need straight defrost to keep window cleared. And Auto won't do that.
I know it's normal, my Silverado was the same way with auto (it had knobs though).
Would use floor for heat and middle\top vents for AC.
During the winter once it gets hot I need air from the regular vents to hit my hands and such imo. I drove for 45 minutes the other day while it was 20 outside and sunny and set on 72 degrees the truck was still freezing at the end of the trip. Then I took a trip later on after it got dark and put it on bi-directional and it got nice and toasty everywhere

VictorK

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you need to upgrade to 39.9 before then to 40.1 if my current version is 34.2 or can i just download 40.1 and directly upgrade to that?

It's crazy that when i go to uconnect and put in my vin they say no updates available.

I have a 2019 RAM 1500 Limited with 12" Uconnect 4 system.

By the way does anyone know if the Uconnect free map update here which seems like it may be for Uconnect 5 work with Uconnect 4?

If not is there a free update for Uconnect 4 maps with 12" screen . The last update available for purchase is from 2023 and for $150 and not as good as the google maps.

Attachments

• 20240121_154926.jpg
    20240121_154926.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you need to upgrade to 39.9 before then to 40.1 if my current version is 34.2 or can i just download 40.1 and directly upgrade to that?

It's crazy that when i go to uconnect and put in my vin they say no updates available.

By the way does anyone know if the Uconnect free map update here which seems like it may be for Uconnect 5 work with Uconnect 4?

If not is there a free update for Uconnect 4 maps with 12" screen . The last update available for purchase is from 2023 and for $150 and not as good as the google maps.
No free updates for UC4. Google maps and Android auto is better option anyways

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Nothing UC4 and UC5 are the same. All updates are unit specific.

youngbreed

Reaction score
To confirm before I do it. I am at 33.3 and will update in this order. LR34, then 39.7, then 39.9, then 40.1

Look right?

Thank you

UltraHog

Reaction score
These are the ones I know of

Here is the software update files and walk through for 12 in. This goes up to 39.9

Hello all, I am new here and this topic caught my eye. I have a new to me, 2019 Ram 150 limited 4X4. As such, i am interested in updating the map. That said. my application version is 28.1. So it seems like I need two flash upgrades. However, when I go to the Uconnect web site and enter my VIN it replies with "your map is up to date". I saw the TSB states this update is
Uconnect 12.0 with Navigation radio (Sales Codes UAX or UCX). My question is where may I find the sales code information. Any help/guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Lungs414

Reaction score
Fixed my issues. Quick changing of stations and quicker car play connection. Thanks to all who helped get this info out. Last week I was forced into OTA update and my working unit turned to crap. My radio wouldn't shut off either. Connect said I had to pay a dealer to fix it. SMH. They are useless. Had no answer for me asking why I had to pay for something they broke.

UltraHog

Reaction score
I can't answer that question for you; we don't use the nav in ours hardly ever, the wife is a great copilot. I don't know what the updates were for. RamCares was gong to reimburse me for some of the cost of the updates but I've far too much on this radio that is designed to line the pockets of the stealership. I will be replacing the radio when the temperature gets a little warmer. Will be doing preventative maintenance on the reported leaking points also.
Question, did you have to provide an activation number?

UltraHog

Reaction score
Just did the update

View attachment 155134

No issues. Anyone have a changelog?

disregard, found it

In addition, the following enhancements are included:
• Radio reception improvements (2019 DT).
• AndroidAuto©/CarPlay enhancements (2019 DT).
• Language enhancements (2019 DT).
Did you have to provide an activation code?

Users who are viewing this thread