5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get radio update files

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The update is simple as plugging in a USB thumb drive and waiting. Really nothing that can go wrong unless you have a corrupted file, or lose power while in middle of update. I think I've only read of one head unit getting bricked during an update and they traced it to a corrupt update file.
It happens a lot more than people think. It has happened so much that when a customer comes in asking for a uconnect update, we explain it may fail and brick the radio and the fix is on you the customer.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It happens a lot more than people think. It has happened so much that when a customer comes in asking for a uconnect update, we explain it may fail and brick the radio and the fix is on you the customer.
on the customer? wow

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
on the customer? wow
Absolutely, why wouldn't it be? If you are out of warranty and are requesting an update. You would have to be prepared for that. I apologize if I didn't state that. Now if the dealer tried it and didn't warn you, that's a different.

but yes, WOW

Last edited:

dsmonline

Reaction score
Just updated mine to 40.1, no issues during the update process. Thanks to theRAMguy for the files. Will report back if I notice any changes, may take a few days of driving. Hopefully nothing bad shows up.

Attachments

• PR-40.1 Update 2023-02-12.jpeg
    PR-40.1 Update 2023-02-12.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just updated mine to 40.1, no issues during the update process. Thanks to theRAMguy for the files. Will report back if I notice any changes, may take a few days of driving. Hopefully nothing bad shows up.

I'm curious to find out if the off road pages work with 40.1.

mbohos

Reaction score
This the correct site link

Toperz

Reaction score
This the correct site link

that link brings me back here.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got update 40.1 but for some reason it shows 39.9. Im talking about file from google drive.
Did you scroll down and actually click on the 40.1 file download link?

Toperz

Reaction score
Did you scroll down and actually click on the 40.1 file download link?
Yup. It downloaded as 40 but when i put on usb and connect to radio shows 39.9 and cant update it because I have already installed.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yup. It downloaded as 40 but when i put on usb and connect to radio shows 39.9 and cant update it because I have already installed.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Weird, worked fine for me. Did you possibly use the same USB stick from when you installed 39.9 and didn't delete the 39.9 files?

Users who are viewing this thread