5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
If I want to only add auto high beams, what’s required for this? Do I already have the camera?

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
If I want to only add auto high beams, what’s required for this? Do I already have the camera?
I have a 22 Level 1 Bighorn. I had to add a new rear view mirror with the camera 68312206aa. My old rear view mirror was 68453788AA (autodimming only without the camera). If you have this mirror, you’ll need the one that has the camera.

Pretty easy mod.

mjdrebel

Reaction score
Are you sure you have a DASM? Do you have ACC? Or FCW?
AEB warning went away but nothing in settings to switch on auto high beam.

Does it take a little time or a few restarts?

it is lights I go to and htere should be a setting - correct?

mjdrebel

Reaction score
AEB warning went away but nothing in settings to switch on auto high beam.

Does it take a little time or a few restarts?

it is lights I go to and htere should be a setting - correct?
Yes I am sure I have a DASM as I have the little notch in my windshield and FCW

mjdrebel

Reaction score
I do not have the auto high beam option in lights

I assume it takes a little time?

I did activate auto high beam in alpha obd and 2014 IRCM

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I do not have the auto high beam option in lights

I assume it takes a little time?

I did activate auto high beam in alpha obd and 2014 IRCM
No offense, but you don't need to make 3 posts asking basically the same thing. You can also edit a post to add to or change it. Anyway, yes, it can take up to 6 hours for the settings to show up. Once they do, you just turn it on and keep the turn signs stalk pressed forward.

mjdrebel

Reaction score
No offense, but you don't need to make 3 posts asking basically the same thing. You can also edit a post to add to or change it. Anyway, yes, it can take up to 6 hours for the settings to show up. Once they do, you just turn it on and keep the turn signs stalk pressed forward.
Thank you

Point taken - sorry I will do that in the future

Hopefully I will leave it long enough and it will appear in the menu

mjdrebel

Reaction score
No luck with overnight Auto high beam being added to my lights section in settings.

I have uploaded a picture of my 2021 Ram Rebel Windshield which I believe shows the DASM. I did have to get my windshield replaced but it appears to be a Mopar replacement.

Any thoughts on why AlphaOBD is not programming auto high beam into the light section?

According to what I have read I should only need to change two items in AlphaOBD

Auto High Yes and 2014 I/O IRCM settings.

Am I missing something?

Attachments

• IMG_2152.jpeg
    IMG_2152.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2153.jpeg
    IMG_2153.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 35

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No luck with overnight Auto high beam being added to my lights section in settings.

I have uploaded a picture of my 2021 Ram Rebel Windshield which I believe shows the DASM. I did have to get my windshield replaced but it appears to be a Mopar replacement.

Any thoughts on why AlphaOBD is not programming auto high beam into the light section?

According to what I have read I should only need to change two items in AlphaOBD

Auto High Yes and 2014 I/O IRCM settings.

Am I missing something?
Did you change this setting:
CustSetMenu 1: Auto High Beam CSM Present- YES

mjdrebel

Reaction score
Unfortunately I added csm setting present to yes

I will keep reading and trying

irishwake63

Reaction score
I have a 22 Bighorn and no lane assist, crash avoidance, adaptive CC or auto high beams. I have a sensor on the front window attached to my RV mirror wondering what its for.

vincentw56

Reaction score
I have a 22 Bighorn and no lane assist, crash avoidance, adaptive CC or auto high beams. I have a sensor on the front window attached to my RV mirror wondering what its for.
A picture would help. But if it is the sensor on the backside of the mirror, it is for the auto dimming feature.

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
I have a 22 Bighorn and no lane assist, crash avoidance, adaptive CC or auto high beams. I have a sensor on the front window attached to my RV mirror wondering what it’s for.
If it is round, it is probably the humidity sensor for your auto climate control.

There is a thread about changing this sensor with one that allows rain sense wipers AND auto climate. While you are at it, swap out your rear view with one that has the auto high beam camera.

Last edited:

vincentw56

Reaction score
If it is round, it is probably the humidity sensor for your auto climate control.

There is a thread about changing this sensor with one that allows rain sense wipers AND auto climate. While you are at it, swap out your rear view with one that has the auto high beam camera.

The humidity sensor isn't attached to the rear view mirror. It's a separate sensor on the windshield. The same one that is used for auto wipers.

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
The humidity sensor isn't attached to the rear view mirror. It's a separate sensor on the windshield. The same one that is used for auto wipers.
True. If the sensor described is actually on the mirror, that is probably just for the auto-dimming. A picture would help.

I included a picture of the old mirror from my 22 Bighorn with the auto-dimming sensor on the back of the mirror.

Attachments

• IMG_3059.jpeg
    IMG_3059.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread