5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

Reaction score
Mine does that too, that may just be a safety feature that if you don’t have traction control AEB won’t work . (Maybe something about the tires needing traction control to stop correctly in an emergency )

U212

Reaction score
Mine does that too, that may just be a safety feature that if you don’t have traction control AEB won’t work . (Maybe something about the tires needing traction control to stop correctly in an emergency )
I thought so at first but before ACC. Traction control switch would turn off just traction not aeb along with it. I'll try asking dealer when I take it for maintenance if models with acc factory does this. After checking if abs initialization does anything. Honestly it's not a big issue, I only turn off traction when I'm looking to have some fun or off roading.

Reaction score
I thought so at first but before ACC. Traction control switch would turn off just traction not aeb along with it. I'll try asking dealer when I take it for maintenance if models with acc factory does this. After checking if abs initialization does anything. Honestly it's not a big issue, I only turn off traction when I'm looking to have some fun or off roading.
Well let us know what they say! May be something that needs to be addressed .

billrabemn

Reaction score
I have a 23 Ram Rebel I just bought which has the DASM and I am interested in adding the ACC, lane and parking assist. I called and checked which ABS and HCU my truck came with and currently I have ABS 68436461AK and HCU 68415317AA. I have placed an order for new ABS 68436462AL and HCU 68415320AA after reading all 53 pages of this guide. I also ordered the ACC button 68526528AA. My current 12 inch center stack is 68526597AC and it looks like the current 12 inch center stack required for parking assist and lane keeping is 68526524AC. I have not ordered the center stack yet as it is somewhat pricey. I have been trying to nail down the parts to order for parking assist. I have four sensors in my back bumper so I will need the two outboard sensors but it has been difficult for me to determine the parts numbers of the outboard rear parking sensors to buy. I am planning on ordering the 6846488AE parking assist module, two of the 68271824AA ring decouplers, the 68404409AB and 68404408AB right and left outer rear bumper valances. I think that the sensors needed are 5YV69TZZAA or they could possibly be 5YV68TZZAA. Is anyone aware of which ones I need? I am also having trouble figuring out the wiring for the rear fascia of the 2023 1500 models. The listed wiring from the beginning of this guide (part number 68360453AD) is for up to 2021 vehicles. I think that the correct wiring harness is 68475607AB ([Bumper Module I], [Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring Sys], [Remote Proximity Keyless Entry], [PARALLEL and PERP PARK ASSIST W/STOP].) but I was hoping someone would check this for me before I put in the order for it. I really appreciate the work everyone put into this guide and the helpful comments. This will be my first project with AlfaODB and I plan on using a windows laptop and OBDLink MX+ with Chrysler 12+8 bypass cable.

U212

Reaction score
I have a 23 Ram Rebel I just bought which has the DASM and I am interested in adding the ACC, lane and parking assist. I called and checked which ABS and HCU my truck came with and currently I have ABS 68436461AK and HCU 68415317AA. I have placed an order for new ABS 68436462AL and HCU 68415320AA after reading all 53 pages of this guide. I also ordered the ACC button 68526528AA. My current 12 inch center stack is 68526597AC and it looks like the current 12 inch center stack required for parking assist and lane keeping is 68526524AC. I have not ordered the center stack yet as it is somewhat pricey. I have been trying to nail down the parts to order for parking assist. I have four sensors in my back bumper so I will need the two outboard sensors but it has been difficult for me to determine the parts numbers of the outboard rear parking sensors to buy. I am planning on ordering the 6846488AE parking assist module, two of the 68271824AA ring decouplers, the 68404409AB and 68404408AB right and left outer rear bumper valances. I think that the sensors needed are 5YV69TZZAA or they could possibly be 5YV68TZZAA. Is anyone aware of which ones I need? I am also having trouble figuring out the wiring for the rear fascia of the 2023 1500 models. The listed wiring from the beginning of this guide (part number 68360453AD) is for up to 2021 vehicles. I think that the correct wiring harness is 68475607AB ([Bumper Module I], [Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring Sys], [Remote Proximity Keyless Entry], [PARALLEL and PERP PARK ASSIST W/STOP].) but I was hoping someone would check this for me before I put in the order for it. I really appreciate the work everyone put into this guide and the helpful comments. This will be my first project with AlfaODB and I plan on using a windows laptop and OBDLink MX+ with Chrysler 12+8 bypass cable.
If your vehicle came with ParkSense® Front and Rear Park–Assist with Stop. Then you are correct in needing just 2 sensors in the back. Attached is the part list. 68488374AB [Bumper Module I], [Remote Proximity Keyless Entry], [Parallel and Perp Park Assist w/Stop] is the rear fascia you need unless if you have trailer tire pressure monitoring sys then you want the 68360453AD. Please correct if any discrepancies.
I also plan to add park assist next month.

Attachments

• 1689463755003.png
    1689463755003.png
    96.2 KB · Views: 42

billrabemn

Reaction score
If your vehicle came with ParkSense® Front and Rear Park–Assist with Stop. Then you are correct in needing just 2 sensors in the back. Attached is the part list. 68488374AB [Bumper Module I], [Remote Proximity Keyless Entry], [Parallel and Perp Park Assist w/Stop] is the rear fascia you need unless if you have trailer tire pressure monitoring sys then you want the 68360453AD. Please correct if any discrepancies.
I also plan to add park assist next month.
That wiring harness is listed as unavailable. Was it replaced by a different harness?

U212

Reaction score
That wiring harness is listed as unavailable. Was it replaced by a different harness?
No its the latest one when checking mopar using my vin. Its on backorder for the place I usually order from. Another local dealer here in Texas has it available.

billrabemn

Reaction score

RedSquirrel

Reaction score
Alright I've been searching all day to try to figure out which center stack I need in order to finish the ACC and LKA.
2022 Laramie ventilated seats, heated steering wheel, 8.4 without NAV. no front or rear park sensors
I don't care if there is an extra button that doesn't do anything I just want to make sure I'm ordering the right part.
I don't have any interest in upgrading to the 12" screen or to the 8.4" NAV

Here's the 3 part numbers I came up with but wasn't sure.
2022 Ram 1500 Center stack, center stack controls. Lower - 68340288AC | Mopar Parts Overstock, Lakeland FL

2022 Ram 1500 Center stack, center stack controls. Lower - 68340288AD | Mopar Parts Overstock, Lakeland FL

2022 Ram 1500 Center stack, center stack controls. Lower - 68421874AB | Mopar Parts Overstock, Lakeland FL

ramfrontradio.jpg rambackradio.jpg

frisby5

Reaction score
What parts do i need if i want to add rear park assist ? I have 22 BH no park assist i have basic 5 in UC .

andy00018

Reaction score
Hello, any issues using an older Revision Module in a ‘22, I found a few used cheap module and HCU assembly’s but the module PN’s are 68436462AE or AF (current rev looks like AL). Thank you

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello, any issues using an older Revision Module in a ‘22, I found a few used cheap module and HCU assembly’s but the module PN’s are 68436462AE or AF (current rev looks like AL). Thank you
No, you should be fine.

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
CRVMM is the correct setting. I went brain dead on that previous reply.
I finally got around to adding the new mirror with auto high beam camera (and programmed with AlfaOBD of course). The “Smartbeam” auto high beam works great. This is one of, if not the easiest, mods I’ve done. Thanks for the help @Jimmy07 and others who have contributed to this thread!

billrabemn

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the speed control switch right 68309592AD will work on a 2023 Ram 1500 Rebel? It is listed as up to 2022.

RedSquirrel

Reaction score
So I've went ahead and installed everything from this thread besides the center stack with the LKA Button. (Waiting on it in the mail.)
ACC works as intended, I've even installed a Comma 3 and the truck steers itself amazingly.
But my problem is that I can no longer use normal cruise control.
As soon as I try to set the speed my instrument cluster says cruise control cancelled. I am able to enable it but not set it.
Any one have any ideas? I've searched all of my modules in Alfa and none of them are reporting any fault codes.
I followed the guide to a T and I guess the only hiccup I have is that the ABS initialization procedure start button is greyed out even after running all of the described procedures in it's list.
I was also unable to run the longitudinal and latitudinal calibration procedure under 2019+. I had to connect to the ABS module under 2013+ in order to run longitudinal calibration but I was never able to find a latitudinal calibration anywhere.

I was also unable to use normal cruise control before I installed the comma3, so I guess we can rule that out as a problem.
I have backups of all of my car configuration changes but before I reset everything back and start all over I figured I would ask here. All settings were triple checked from the ACC Guide.
2022 Ecodiesel Laramie Vented seats, no front or rear park sensors, 8.4 non nav.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I've went ahead and installed everything from this thread besides the center stack with the LKA Button. (Waiting on it in the mail.)
ACC works as intended, I've even installed a Comma 3 and the truck steers itself amazingly.
But my problem is that I can no longer use normal cruise control.
As soon as I try to set the speed my instrument cluster says cruise control cancelled. I am able to enable it but not set it.
Any one have any ideas? I've searched all of my modules in Alfa and none of them are reporting any fault codes.
I followed the guide to a T and I guess the only hiccup I have is that the ABS initialization procedure start button is greyed out even after running all of the described procedures in it's list.
I was also unable to run the longitudinal and latitudinal calibration procedure under 2019+. I had to connect to the ABS module under 2013+ in order to run longitudinal calibration but I was never able to find a latitudinal calibration anywhere.

I was also unable to use normal cruise control before I installed the comma3, so I guess we can rule that out as a problem.
I have backups of all of my car configuration changes but before I reset everything back and start all over I figured I would ask here. All settings were triple checked from the ACC Guide.
2022 Ecodiesel Laramie Vented seats, no front or rear park sensors, 8.4 non nav.
I believe that is a Comma feature when setting ACC regular cruise control will activate and then cancel. It shouldn’t be anything internally with your truck. Mine does the same thing but it doesn’t matter because I never use CC when I have ACC & Comma.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I believe that is a Comma feature when setting ACC regular cruise control will activate and then cancel. It shouldn’t be anything internally with your truck. Mine does the same thing but it doesn’t matter because I never use CC when I have ACC & Comma.
He said it didn't work even before installing the Comma.

Users who are viewing this thread