5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

kldake.kd

Reaction score
Has anyone been successful in getting the system out of ‘plant mode’ without going to a dealer? My dealers around here are like 3 - 5 weeks out on appointments.

St-na

Reaction score
Has anyone been successful in getting the system out of ‘plant mode’ without going to a dealer? My dealers around here are like 3 - 5 weeks out on appointments.
How did You get the system in "plant mode". This setting You can change in Alfaobd, see page 39.

Last edited:

van35

Reaction score
Whats up fellas.. I've spent the night reading through this thread and think I might be a little more confused than when I started. I have 2021 Limited that came with ParkSense, Blind Spot and Full Speed Collision warning. Would like to add the Lane Assist, Self Park and Active Cruise Control. Also interested in adding the Surround view camera but I think that is part of a different thread.

For ACC, I believe I only need the HCU, ABS Module and ACC button, correct?
For Lane Keep, I only need the button on the center stack
For Self Park - what is required to get this to work? Do you need the surround view camera system? I would think so.

Appreciate the help on this. Thank you all in advance.

St-na

Reaction score
Whats up fellas.. I've spent the night reading through this thread and think I might be a little more confused than when I started. I have 2021 Limited that came with ParkSense, Blind Spot and Full Speed Collision warning. Would like to add the Lane Assist, Self Park and Active Cruise Control. Also interested in adding the Surround view camera but I think that is part of a different thread.

For ACC, I believe I only need the HCU, ABS Module and ACC button, correct?
For Lane Keep, I only need the button on the center stack
For Self Park - what is required to get this to work? Do you need the surround view camera system? I would think so.

Appreciate the help on this. Thank you all in advance.
You don't need to read all thread, first two posts were updated with all necessary information. You are right, but not the button, You need new screen with the button. I would check Your HCU and ABS, You may have correct ones, we had no experience with Limiteds, we only learned that all TRX's are originally equipped with correct HCU/ABC for ACC. Call any Mopar seller and ask them for the parts installed (VIN)

van35

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. So I should be able to call my dealer with the VIN and they can generate a report with all the current parts list installed in my truck?

St-na

Reaction score
You can call Your dealer or any company who sells Mopar parts with Your VIN and ask them for the part numbers for Your ABC and HCU, no report required, just write it down.

van35

Reaction score
So they said the part #'s for my truck are:
ABS - 68436461AJ
HCU - 68415317AA

Thoughts on if these will work or need to be swapped?

tjbarney

Reaction score
Anyone know if my truck might have the necessary equipment for the adaptive cruise control from this pic? 2020 Laramie

Attachments

• E8B28B8C-65C5-47CE-B28C-887DB3B0A8F8.jpeg
    E8B28B8C-65C5-47CE-B28C-887DB3B0A8F8.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 58

tdb0021

Reaction score
Assuming you're talking about the DASM being in plant mode, i don't know of anyone that has been able to get it out of plant without taking it to a dealer. There could be a way, but I'm not aware of the procedure. What Step is referring to I believe is the EPB plant mode, which can be removed without dealer access.

kldake.kd

Reaction score
Assuming you're talking about the DASM being in plant mode, i don't know of anyone that has been able to get it out of plant without taking it to a dealer. There could be a way, but I'm not aware of the procedure. What Step is referring to I believe is the EPB plant mode, which can be removed without dealer access.
Agreed
Going in on the 17th to the dealer

Attrezzop

Reaction score
Trying to sort this out on a 2022 bighorn.

First, it looks very possible and maybe even easier. I tore into the rear view assembly and the mounting bracket, hole, and plastic assembly parts all seem to be there. The hole even lines up to a clear spot in the windshield so I may not have to replace it.

Truck is at the dealer now for some sale-agreed dealer installs but when I get it back I plan on starting a thread.

For those who are interested when I check the listed part for the DASM in the pdf I get a message that it’s not compatible with my truck and pointed to this part:

04672931AB​

May have to create an update for 2022 guys.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First, it looks very possible and maybe even easier. I tore into the rear view assembly and the mounting bracket, hole, and plastic assembly parts all seem to be there. The hole even lines up to a clear spot in the windshield so I may not have to replace it.
For those who are interested when I check the listed part for the DASM in the pdf I get a message that it’s not compatible with my truck and pointed to this part:

04672931AB​

May have to create an update for 2022 guys. 👩‍🏫

Are you saying you are updating the PDF?
You left out the subject to the sentence. 👨‍🏫

kldake.kd

Reaction score
I took it to the dealer on the 17th and at the time I did not install the rain sensor in the windshield/DASM area. Didnt really want/need it. The dealer said that they were not able to communicate with the system without the rain sensor... whether that makes any sense or not that is what they told me. They said here is a quote to purchase the rain sensor and sensor gel pads and installation of those two parts... insert unreasonable amount here...
I decided to buy those two parts and install them myself.

However when I jumped in the truck to drive it the ACC was disabled/removed from the UConnect settings menu.
Regular (non adapt) cruise was back enabled.
Lane Sense is working now - which means something I bet...

Have another appt tomorrow - hoping that they are able to finish this process.
Fingers crossed

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I took it to the dealer on the 17th and at the time I did not install the rain sensor in the windshield/DASM area. Didnt really want/need it. The dealer said that they were not able to communicate with the system without the rain sensor... whether that makes any sense or not that is what they told me. They said here is a quote to purchase the rain sensor and sensor gel pads and installation of those two parts... insert unreasonable amount here...
I decided to buy those two parts and install them myself.

However when I jumped in the truck to drive it the ACC was disabled/removed from the UConnect settings menu.
Regular (non adapt) cruise was back enabled.
Lane Sense is working now - which means something I bet...

Have another appt tomorrow - hoping that they are able to finish this process.
Fingers crossed
That's normal. Did you enable the rain sensor in AlfaODB? That's why they think it is there. Then the rest your BCM which is why you lost the settings.

kldake.kd

Reaction score
That's normal. Did you enable the rain sensor in AlfaODB? That's why they think it is there. Then the rest your BCM which is why you lost the settings.
I have enabled it and then the error U0231 shows in Alphaobd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online