5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

jrladd

Reaction score
Does anyone know if part 68432417AA supports ACC? Seller says that it supports stop & go.

Sohosys

Reaction score
Does anyone know if part 68432417AA supports ACC? Seller says that it supports stop & go.

The only way to know is to get the VIN from the donor vehicle and use the FCA window sticker lookup tool to see if the vehicle was built with adaptive cruise control with stop and go. It’s usually part of the advanced safety group or level 2 safety group. We have seen the same part number HCU (not the same number you listed, but the same as each other) programmed with and without stop and go in 2021 and later trucks. If it came from a truck with the feature it will work, if not it won’t. Also, try and get an ABS module and HCU assembly from the same truck if buying used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eyerocks

Reaction score
That's the issue. The mirror doesn't power on during remote start. If you can't find the fused power, let me know and I'll look at mine.
So I switched the power to the one listed on the instructions know I get a u1514 code with service ACC/fcw, lane sense, esc, trailer brake. Any ideals? Thanks

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I switched the power to the one listed on the instructions know I get a u1514 code with service ACC/fcw, lane sense, esc, trailer brake. Any ideals? Thanks
It's not getting power properly. You might want to double check the fuses and connections. You can use a test light or voltage meter to test at the DASM connector.

eyerocks

Reaction score
Ok what lines am I testing and what’s the voltage I should be at?

vincentw56

Reaction score
You will have to look at the wiring diagram. I don't know. You want at least 12v.

eyerocks

Reaction score
Ok seems that I had to go through the abs setup thing and cleared it right up, thanks

Attachments

• 9982E21D-5C16-4183-A2CA-EE58C7A4119C.jpeg
    9982E21D-5C16-4183-A2CA-EE58C7A4119C.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 41

Paco

Reaction score
Anyone know the part number for the 4 screws that hold the Blind Spot module to the taillight???.

Read through both blind spot threads, and cant find it.
Appreciate any help .
Thanks

Toperz

Reaction score
Anyone know the part number for the 4 screws that hold the Blind Spot module to the taillight???.

Read through both blind spot threads, and cant find it.
Appreciate any help .
Thanks
I think this is what you looking for:
1671313070359.png

kldake.kd

Reaction score
Ok seems that I had to go through the abs setup thing and cleared it right up, thanks
I am having similar issues - warnings in the dash - esc, lane assist, ACC - no errors from Alphaodb and I have power at the end of the dasm connector. Was excited to hear about your success but..
I tried the ABS procedure but that didn’t fix the issue. During the abs procedure the longitudinal sensor test fails.
Any ideas?

vincentw56

Reaction score
I am having similar issues - warnings in the dash - esc, lane assist, ACC - no errors from Alphaodb and I have power at the end of the dasm connector. Was excited to hear about your success but..
I tried the ABS procedure but that didn’t fix the issue. During the abs procedure the longitudinal sensor test fails.
Any ideas?
Have you double checked your wiring just to make sure everything is correct?

kldake.kd

Reaction score
Have you double checked your wiring just to make sure everything is correct?
On that note- I have double checked but I am willing to redo my wiring again. But first - did you guys buy a crimping tool? If so which tool? I bought one and it sucked.

Also the terminals going into the DASM connector they end up pushing thru the blue rubber seal but don’t seem to ‘lock’ in very well - seems like something’s off on that end. Did you have any trouble there? image.jpg

vincentw56

Reaction score
On that note- I have double checked but I am willing to redo my wiring again. But first - did you guys buy a crimping tool? If so which tool? I bought one and it sucked.

Also the terminals going into the DASM connector they end up pushing thru the blue rubber seal but don’t seem to ‘lock’ in very well - seems like something’s off on that end. Did you have any trouble there? View attachment 146530
You have to rotate them to make sure they click in. If they don't, it won't make a connection at all. So, it sounds like that may be your problem. Those shouldn't poke through the rubber seal at all. I'll look for the tool I bought.

eyerocks

Reaction score
Any ideas?
I believe that the longitudinal sensor is because you don’t have the pitch and roll airbag sensor.

eyerocks

Reaction score
You can use a multimeter to check for break in line as it will make a sound if there’s no contact

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/