5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

Sohosys

Reaction score
Has anyone added blind spot monitoring to a truck that had the incandescent taillights instead of LED? This is my next mod and I wonder what surprises I might encounter. I do know that the entire taillight housing is different, and the radar modules cannot be added to the incandescent lights like they can by cutting out the molded area in the LED lights. I have some used radar modules and see that I can buy some aftermarket LED taillights that will accept them. I have also read this entire thread, so I am aware of the missing wiring between the connecter at the driver floorboard that the CAN hub. I also know I will need to replace the last part of the wiring harness at the taillights. Anything else? 2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn. Thanks!
Nevermind... did not realize that there was a very detailed thread on this already here: Is it possible to add Blind Spot?

motohd66

Reaction score
CC6510C3-F523-401D-B17B-99A41B6F6F95.jpeg
Looks like i have the right camera in my 2022 laramie to add adaptive cruise control? Just add the steering wheel switch and turn on the function? My truck does have collision sensors and emergency braking already

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like i have the right camera in my 2022 laramie to add adaptive cruise control? Just add the steering wheel switch and turn on the function? My truck does have collision sensors and emergency braking already
No, after you add the switch you must swap out your ABS controller and module, then bleed the brake system and configure it all with AlfaOBD.

Unless you have a Rebel, I think, in which case you'd already have these parts. Then you would just need the switch and configuration changes.

Mopar 68436462AK, Module-Anti-Lock Brake System

Mopar 68415320AA, Abs Control Module

20220828_122623a.jpg

motohd66

Reaction score
Bummer. Thanks for the response though! No rebel here just a level 2 laramie

Last edited:

Toperz

Reaction score
I believe only TRX may need only switch and programming. Everything else needs ABS, HCU and sometimes DSM modules if not equipped.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

tdb0021

Reaction score
I believe only TRX may need only switch and programming. Everything else needs ABS, HCU and sometimes DSM modules if not equipped.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
This is correct unless someone has had a different experience

eyerocks

Reaction score
I’ve done the upgrade and now get a ECS error with remote start only but goes away when I cancel remote start and start normally any ideas? Thanks fyi no check engine no codes.

tdb0021

Reaction score
I’ve done the upgrade and now get a ECS error with remote start only but goes away when I cancel remote start and start normally any ideas? Thanks fyi no check engine no codes.
This sounds like what happens if you wire the dasm power to a source that is not turned on with remote start. I had the same issue. The dasm needs power with remote start and regular start

eyerocks

Reaction score
Ok make sense gotta order the harness for it. Does anyone have the harness part number. Thanks

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ok make sense gotta order the harness for it. Does anyone have the harness part number. Thanks
There is no harness. Did you make your own from the instructions? Just find a power source that is on with a remote start. I think the instructions actually tell you what fuse location has that power.

eyerocks

Reaction score
I’ve actually tapped into the rear view mirror wires. But I’ll run through the tutorials again thanks again

vincentw56

Reaction score
I’ve actually tapped into the rear view mirror wires. But I’ll run through the tutorials again thanks again
That's the issue. The mirror doesn't power on during remote start. If you can't find the fused power, let me know and I'll look at mine.

Georgf

Reaction score
I'll ask here, does anyone know if it can be added Active Park Assist and what is needed for this? I already have 12” screen with Park Assist button, BSM, parking sensors, it seems there is very little left to work Active Park Assist :)

Last edited:

vincentw56

Reaction score
I'll ask here, does anyone know if it can be added Active Park Assist and what is needed for this? I already have 12” screen with Park Assist button, BSM, parking sensors, it seems there is very little left to work Active Park Assist :)
Yes, it can be added. I did it. All the information is above.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Found your post with hardware part numbers, but if i just replace the ParkTronic module will it work with my old sensors?
No, you have to use what I listed. Plus, you need the two outer sensors for the rear.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Man y’all added all of this stuff and I’m just trying to figure out how to get mine working again.

ajprestegaard

Reaction score
You need:
Steering wheel cruise switch
Windshield
DASM
Rear view mirror
Mirror covers
Mirror adapter
Abs module
HCU module
Mirror jumper harness 68358132AE (instead of building the DASM connector from scratch).
Do you know the mirror jumper harness number needed for the HD?

Users who are viewing this thread