5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Others have said that dealers won’t since the parts don’t match the options in your VIN.
Dang it.. Dealers are always difficult haha.
It isn't that difficult to do if you have some mechanical knowledge. You could also ask an automotive repair place to do it also.
I know I can change it out, but one of the person's was talking about not being able to clear out all the codes they got so that has me worried. I thought if the dealer could do it and clear the codes at the same time that would be sweet!

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I know I can change it out, but one of the person's was talking about not being able to clear out all the codes they got so that has me worried. I thought if the dealer could do it and clear the codes at the same time that would be sweet!
Yes, we had an issue with the ABS code. I think using the Windows version of AlfaODB now works, but I have no way to verify.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It isn't that difficult to do if you have some mechanical knowledge. You could also ask an automotive repair place to do it also.
Yeah, I have the ability but just don’t want to. I guess I’ll be passing on this mod since I’m just trading-in on a new one in 2024.

St-na

Reaction score

All of us were not able to clear EPB code by ourselves (I tried Win version as well) , but it's not a big problem, most were able to clear the code by dealer (0.5-1 hour labor). Replacement of HCU and bleeding is not difficult, dealer will not replace parts for You, if these parts don't match Your VIN.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All of us were not able to clear EPB code by ourselves (I tried Win version as well) , but it's not a big problem, most were able to clear the code by dealer (0.5-1 hour labor). Replacement of HCU and bleeding is not difficult, dealer will not replace parts for You, if these parts don't match Your VIN.
Have you gotten your code cleared yet? I've been waiting on your post to say it's all good as this was the last thing you mentioned so it got me worried that there isn't a fix yet for the 21's.

"Visited dealer today for oil change and asked them to clear the code, they said I have to leave a truck with them for 2 days. Crazy! Will continue searching for next good chance."

St-na

Reaction score
Have you gotten your code cleared yet? I've been waiting on your post to say it's all good as this was the last thing you mentioned so it got me worried that there isn't a fix yet for the 21's.

"Visited dealer today for oil change and asked them to clear the code, they said I have to leave a truck with them for 2 days. Crazy! Will continue searching for next good chance."
No, had no time. Not much wondering, because all functions are working properly, including EPB.

konon

Reaction score
I was able to clear all the EPB code and light in my 2021 Laramie Sport with Level 2 using AlfaOBD on Android.

Earlier today I had ABS and HSU swapped, and followed all the procedures outlined by @tdb0021 (thank you for all your hard work putting the document together!).
Swap went well, except EPB light and C10D0 error code. Also the climate controls didn't work, the settings menu had many options missing. I tried stopping and starting the ignition several times - it didn't help.
So I drove home for almost 2 hours, shot down the truck, started it again, still no changes - the EPB light was on, the setting options were still missing the fault C10D0 was still being reported.
Next thing I did was to shut the truck off, remove the key fob from the truck, and left the driver side door open for about 20 mins.
When I came back and started the truck - all my options came back, but the EPB light was still on, and the C10D0 fault was still being reported by AlfaOBD .
So I googled for that fault code, and one of the results suggested that Assembly Check routine has not been performed. In Alfa I opened ABS > Service Procedures > Assembly Check > START. The ABS (I assume ) made a brief noise and EPB light went off. I shut off the truck, then put it in Run again, and ran the diagnostic. The fault was still present but this time I was able to clear it.
Since then I tried starting/stopping the truck several times - no faults, no light!!!

tdb0021

Reaction score
I was able to clear all the EPB code and light in my 2021 Laramie Sport with Level 2 using AlfaOBD on Android.

Earlier today I had ABS and HSU swapped, and followed all the procedures outlined by @tdb0021 (thank you for all your hard work putting the document together!).
Swap went well, except EPB light and C10D0 error code. Also the climate controls didn't work, the settings menu had many options missing. I tried stopping and starting the ignition several times - it didn't help.
So I drove home for almost 2 hours, shot down the truck, started it again, still no changes - the EPB light was on, the setting options were still missing the fault C10D0 was still being reported.
Next thing I did was to shut the truck off, remove the key fob from the truck, and left the driver side door open for about 20 mins.
When I came back and started the truck - all my options came back, but the EPB light was still on, and the C10D0 fault was still being reported by AlfaOBD .
So I googled for that fault code, and one of the results suggested that Assembly Check routine has not been performed. In Alfa I opened ABS > Service Procedures > Assembly Check > START. The ABS (I assume ) made a brief noise and EPB light went off. I shut off the truck, then put it in Run again, and ran the diagnostic. The fault was still present but this time I was able to clear it.
Since then I tried starting/stopping the truck several times - no faults, no light!!!

well this is great news. Awesome discovery!

St-na

Reaction score

This is really important discovery for our group. Thank You very much! Somehow it doesn't work for me, I followed up Your procedure step by step and the only difference I had: I had no noise, during Assembly Check procedure, but procedure was reported as completed. Still can't clear the code.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210930-182739_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20210930-182739_AlfaOBD.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 67

konon

Reaction score
This is really important discovery for our group. Thank You very much! Somehow it doesn't work for me, I followed up Your procedure step by step and the only difference I had: I had no noise, during Assembly Check procedure, but procedure was reported as completed. Still can't clear the code.
That is strange... The sound I heard was similar to the sound the ABS module made during the bleeding procedure, but a little shorter, maybe 2 seconds long.

Also my configuration is a little different: I only enabled ACC and Lane Assist as of now. Although the assist is not on, I haven't gotten the replacement head unit with hardware buttons yet. Based on these differences I suspect that the fault might be generated by either pedestrian brake or park assist.

Last edited:

St-na

Reaction score
That is strange... The sound I heard was similar to the sound the ABS module made during the bleeding procedure, but a little shorter, maybe 2 seconds long.

Also my configuration is a little different: I only enabled ACC and Lane Assist as of now. Although the assist is not on, I haven't gotten the replacement head unit with hardware buttons yet. Based on these differences I suspect that the fault might be generated by either pedestrian brake or park assist.
No doubt, that HCU/ABS swap is the reason for the code, all other functions were activated without problems. I believe the procedure didn't went throw and I need to play little bit more with connection to the different control unit.

velasqs1

Reaction score
Hey guys first and foremost thank you to all the contributors on this thread. You guys are awesome for putting in all those hours so some of us dont have to suffer through it. I am in the process of compiling all the parts necessary. I have a 2021 Rebel with the EcoDiesel and Level 2 package. Was wondering if all of this would apply just the same to my diesel as it does with the hemis. I read every page of this and noticed that no one had a diesel. Just wondering if the HCU and the ABS would be the same as normal HEMI trucks. I am going to call this coming monday to verify parts with vin, but figured I would ask in case someone already inquired. Thanks again.

konon

Reaction score
Hey guys first and foremost thank you to all the contributors on this thread. You guys are awesome for putting in all those hours so some of us dont have to suffer through it. I am in the process of compiling all the parts necessary. I have a 2021 Rebel with the EcoDiesel and Level 2 package. Was wondering if all of this would apply just the same to my diesel as it does with the hemis. I read every page of this and noticed that no one had a diesel. Just wondering if the HCU and the ABS would be the same as normal HEMI trucks. I am going to call this coming monday to verify parts with vin, but figured I would ask in case someone already inquired. Thanks again.
I also have an EcoDiesel, and completed the install a couple of days ago. The procedures and parts are the same for both Hemi and diesel.

velasqs1

Reaction score
I also have an EcoDiesel, and completed the install a couple of days ago. The procedures and parts are the same for both Hemi and diesel.
@konon did you also have a EcoDiesel Rebel? If so what all features did you install

Cajun_

Reaction score
What are the odds I can just tell the dealership to just do this for me.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

konon

Reaction score
@konon did you also have a EcoDiesel Rebel? If so what all features did you install
I have 21 Laramie Sport. I installed ACC and Lane Keep by swapping ABS/HCU and adding ACC buttons to the steering wheel. Although I can't test the Lane Keep, as I didn't change out the head unit yet, for the one with Lane and Park Assist hardware button.

Users who are viewing this thread