5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How’s your 2019 Ram running? Take our poll!

Did any of the following systems function improperly, or require repair?

• Total voters

Txmarine1

Reaction score
Hey yall I'm new to this polling stuff. I have a 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie. I love the truck but I've had problems with it. It was bought by someone elae July 2018 and I bought it from a dealwr in July 2, 2019. It had 19052 miles. It has the 5.7 Hemi. The passenger side mirror had stripped gears so it wouldnt close all of the way. The tailgate is a pain to open. There was someone wrong with the latch. These were things that have been fixed by the dealer a week later. Now for the headache. I love my 12 inch acreen. Just not the problems. We live in Nebraska and were coming down to Texas fto visit my family. In Dallas I lost all navigation. Not only that, I put the truck in reverse then forward. After the camera screen would go away my 12 inch screen would go black. I had audio from the radio but no screen. I had to turn off and on again. Clear weather also. I shut the truck off for 5 minutes and nav didnt fix itself. Once we stopped in Waco to eat, the truck sat for an hour. It finally started working. The screen going black has happened a lot. I finally figured out how to get Sirius XM presets to work. That was aggravating. The presers wpuld disappear everytime the truck would shut off. The blower motor for the cooled seat hums pretty loud on driver side. The AC unit wouldn't blow cold air. Just kinda cool air but very sporadic. The truck has been in the shop 3 times since July. Its September 1 today. I love this truck. It has a smooth ride and when everything is working it's a phenominal truck. The adaptive cruise and lane assist are sweet. I'll continue to take it in and get things fixed. It's under warranty. Semper fi

Attachments

• 20190902_130310.jpg
    20190902_130310.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 116

NinjaMJD

Reaction score
Well the first 1000 miles have come and knock on wood zero issues so far. The only "issue" I could even remotely think of is the map on the GPS has frozen twice, but went back to normal if I just clicked out of it and went back into it. The etorque does fight with the AC in the Arizona heat but that sounds like it's normal and not a problem with the truck. Etorque has been fine in the mornings before it gets too hot. 105ish seems to be around the problem temp because I have had it where it was merely 102/3 with the AC on and the etorque wouldn't cut off like it does when it's hotter

airgas1998

Reaction score
hope you got one hell of a deal on it....way more patients than me....thank you for your service....who rah...

clam

Reaction score
I had mine since December of last year and have put 25,600 miles on it already! Love the truck! Only issues were the Brake Pedal and Seat Belt Recalls, but that was easily taken care of during my oil change visits.

djbdb

Reaction score
Where’s the actual poll? I must be blind haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MilRet

Reaction score
This is a poll of current 2019 New Ram owners only, intended to collect data on the good and bad of this new model year truck. Doubtless there will be issues, but hopefully this poll will help us sort out the “one-off” isolated problems from the common problems that will affect us all.

Please respond by checking off each system which did not function as designed, and/or required service. If all systems are go please only select “No Problems/Happy Camper.”
- Please consider all systems.
- If a system breaks down after you take the poll, I will set it up so you can edit your responses.
- Post specifics regarding any item you selected to explain your specific malfunction.

This poll will only be as valuable as the accuracy of the responses... Good news and bad news stories, as long as they are accurate and truthful, are equally welcome. Hopefully it will help us all either be confident in our new, wonderful machines, or help us identify and resolve problems. Or both.

- YoAdrian
This is a poll of current 2019 New Ram owners only, intended to collect data on the good and bad of this new model year truck. Doubtless there will be issues, but hopefully this poll will help us sort out the “one-off” isolated problems from the common problems that will affect us all.

Please respond by checking off each system which did not function as designed, and/or required service. If all systems are go please only select “No Problems/Happy Camper.”
- Please consider all systems.
- If a system breaks down after you take the poll, I will set it up so you can edit your responses.
- Post specifics regarding any item you selected to explain your specific malfunction.

This poll will only be as valuable as the accuracy of the responses... Good news and bad news stories, as long as they are accurate and truthful, are equally welcome. Hopefully it will help us all either be confident in our new, wonderful machines, or help us identify and resolve problems. Or both.

- YoAdrian

MilRet

Reaction score
Purchased 2019 RAM 1500 Classic Tradesman Ext Quad Cab w/ 5.7l engine on 31 July 2019. At around 300 miles started to hear a funny sound as if the Engine was reeving high, I dismissed it. The issue bothered me, I said to myself, that I was only hearing the power of the Hemi engine. Started truck this morning and same sound, sounded as if a drone was flying overhead. Truck now has 3800 miles. Scheduled appointment to have dealer ASE mech to check. Any ideas what the noise is and why?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Purchased 2019 RAM 1500 Classic Tradesman Ext Quad Cab w/ 5.7l engine on 31 July 2019. At around 300 miles started to hear a funny sound as if the Engine was reeving high, I dismissed it. The issue bothered me, I said to myself, that I was only hearing the power of the Hemi engine. Started truck this morning and same sound, sounded as if a drone was flying overhead. Truck now has 3800 miles. Scheduled appointment to have dealer ASE mech to check. Any ideas what the noise is and why?

Hi MilRet,

I'm very sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing with your truck. If you'd like an additional layer of assistance as you work with your dealer, I would be more than happy to escalate a case for you. Please follow up with me via PM to get the process started.

Mark
RamCares

srsbighorn95

Reaction score
Yea, polls don’t show up in Tapatalk, you have to open thread in a browser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@VinnyRam that's too bad, I haven't caught up with the thread in a while. What system is leaking?

VinnyRam

Reaction score
@VinnyRam that's too bad, I haven't caught up with the thread in a while. What system is leaking?
Just the general water leak from the rain. Could be the A pillar leak, the 3rd brake light leak or the sunroof leak. Would be nice to add a check box just for these type of water leaks.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just the general water leak from the rain. Could be the A pillar leak, the 3rd brake light leak or the sunroof leak. Would be nice to add a check box just for these type of water leaks.
Ah gotcha. As I mentioned, I can't add more check boxes (website feature limitation) so had to select only the major systems of the truck for simplicity. I have now included a comment under "Body" to reflect problems with leaks in the cab, hopefully that makes sense and will work.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
7,000 miles since July and besides the AC sucking, the truck has ran and performed great. I’ve ran it up and down 11,000 ft mountain passes towing heavy loads and the motor screaming and she took it all without even a hiccup.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Uconnect is horrible, I get in the truck, start it and my Bluetooth music from my iPhone is playing with the am/fm radio, all at the same time. I drive and my navigation screen turns on to several cameras at any speed. Its very difficult on driving and seeing on the screen. It will affect your balance. I touch the phone button to get the screen off the cameras. If I exit the car and restart it will go back to normal. This is an intermittent problem. I'm waiting for a recall or tsb on this or something else before I bring it in.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Uconnect is horrible, I get in the truck, start it and my Bluetooth music from my iPhone is playing with the am/fm radio, all at the same time. I drive and my navigation screen turns on to several cameras at any speed. Its very difficult on driving and seeing on the screen. It will affect your balance. I touch the phone button to get the screen off the cameras. If I exit the car and restart it will go back to normal. This is an intermittent problem. I'm waiting for a recall or tsb on this or something else before I bring it in.
That's a troubling issue especially when you consider there are posts about similar behaviors for the last 2 years even after multiple firmware updates that were supposed to correct the issues.

Users who are viewing this thread