5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How’s your 2019 Ram running? Take our poll!

Did any of the following systems function improperly, or require repair?

• Total voters

19jds76

Reaction score
I have had my RAM for a month now and have just hit the 1500 mile mark. I am pleased to report that I have not had any issues of any kind up to this point. Purchasing the RAM was a really tough decision for me to make. I have been driving Ford trucks exclusively for the past 24 years. I know from past experience that Dodge/RAM has historically had some quality and reliability issues. (My family had 18 passenger Dodge vans for the better part of three decades.) I made the switch for multiple reasons but the big ones are that the last F150 I had never achieved the mileage it was supposed to (even with the stock low resistance tires). A new Ford is out of my price range, you aren't getting into a new SuperCrew for under $40K unless its totally stripped down. My RAM is a Crew Cab Bighorn 4x4 model with the V6, 3.55 rear end, and Level 1 Tech package. I have a 25 mile commute into the city everyday (50mi round trip) so highway and stop and go driving. This tank the cluster is saying I am getting 22.3 miles to the gallon. Hand calculated I believe it to be closer to 21.3 but either way I am impressed. The truck is smooth and quiet which is important to me with all the highway travel. For anyone looking for an unbiased opinion on the power output, I have owned 4 cyl vehicles, multiple v6s, and V8s, IMO the average person who uses their truck daily like I do for commuting and then uses it like a truck on the weekends, you can't beat this setup. The only scenario I feel it would not be adequate is if you tow a large boat or camper. I have loaded mine with 2 dirtbikes, 2 kayaks, camp gear, 4 people and 2 dogs and was still going up the mountains to camp at 70 and the truck wasn't struggling at all. Once again, impressed. So as long as the reliability continues to be good I just might be a convert, haha. I may become a RAM ambassador full time ;)

Last edited:

asb9969

Reaction score
I had the same problem, truck was in for a week with no ETA on the back ordered wiper motor. Dealer suggested I open a case with FCA. I did that and the part arrived and the truck was fixed the next day. Coincidence? Maybe, but definitely open a customer care case if you haven't already. My dealer also had me in a rental but no fight over paying for it, was never an issue.
Same dealer suggestion happened to me. I had to push hard for a rental that wasn't a sardine can (I'm 6'5") but did eventually get what I needed and it got repaired after a week. They called and offered me something called Ram Advantage?? I took it, but have no correspondence to prove I have it (free oil changes, rentals, etc) so I'm not confident I really have that perk....

RamKen

Reaction score
New member and new to the Ram family as well. After much lurking and reading and fence sitting I finally traded out of the F-150. You guys had me worried but I’m happy to report that I have nice cold air. And I absolutely love the Rebel that’s sitting out on my driveway.

ppowell1983

Reaction score
I have wind noise in the sunroof, that’s going in on Tuesday for them to add foam to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebel 12

Reaction score
My engine light came on wednesday.it gave me a p0441 code. It comes up as evaporative emissions control system
Encorrect purge Flow. It's at the dealership now getting

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My engine light came on wednesday.it gave me a p0441 code. It comes up as evaporative emissions control system
Encorrect purge Flow. It's at the dealership now getting

Had the same thing happen to my 2015 F150 within the first 1000 miles, "evaporate emissions", turned out to be a sensor/filter in the fuel tank. I hate those yellow engine lights, but luckily, it's usually something small with the emissions system. Filter or valve.

gshaw1967

Reaction score
I traded in my 15 Ford for a 2019 Ram Limited. I have put 5800 miles and not one issue. Now I've only owned Ford and had no problems at all with the Ford. That said, the Ram just looked and rode much better than the Ford. Then factoring in that a matching Ford was over $5,000 higher, I had to try out the RAM. I read these forums for the last few months and I decided to get a RAM with a 7 year unlimited mile warranty. I couldn't be happier.

b1gj0n44

Reaction score
Just voted - Bought a 19 Rebel 1.5 weeks ago and it has been in the shop twice for a check engine light. Service tech couldnt find any issues the first time... got truck back and 200 miles later, light is back on. Has been in shop for 4 days and they are saying the spark plugs are gapped wrong from the factory. Fingers crossed that solves the problem... ready to have my $60k truck back!

rpro3804

Reaction score
Heater core blew at 2400 miles, steam billowing from all vents into the cab smelling like antifreeze. My dealer replaced the heater core and carpets, which were saturated with coolant. I now have the rather unpleasant smell of antifreeze still coming from the upper vents and defrost vents when I run any climate controls. Hopefully it clears up soon... and only 2 payments into my lease. :rolleyes:

RC_Racer88

Reaction score
I have 1200 miles on mine and after driving for about 40-50 miles straight I would get a noise from rear end at take off while turning. Took it in and they added anti slip diff additive. Didn’t solve the issue so dropped it off on Tuesday and they called me Wednesday saying I had a bad carrier bearing. So they are replacing all of the bearing in the rear end. I should get it back tomorrow. I love the truck and even with the issue I’m still happy I bought it.

All manufacturers have issues. Can’t name one that doesn’t. That’s why I have a 100,000 mile warranty. You can goto any manufacturer forums and find people complaining or saying they have issues. It’s not very often that people go online to brag about how nothing is ever wrong.

srsbighorn95

Reaction score
I’m at just over 5k on mine no issues really so far. Had back to the dealer for service, and they did the 1 recall. I’ve had the sound cut out on a couple times, but cycle the steering wheel buttons it came right back. I do hear a slight squeal from my brakes every once in awhile now, but that’s it. So far I really love it. Running a bighorn with level 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sjleo1288

Reaction score
This is a poll of current 2019 New Ram owners only, intended to collect data on the good and bad of this new model year truck. Doubtless there will be issues, but hopefully this poll will help us sort out the “one-off” isolated problems from the common problems that will affect us all.

Please respond by checking off each system which did not function as designed, and/or required service. If all systems are go please only select “No Problems/Happy Camper.”
- Please consider all systems.
- If a system breaks down after you take the poll, I will set it up so you can edit your responses.
- Post specifics regarding any item you selected to explain your specific malfunction.

This poll will only be as valuable as the accuracy of the responses... Good news and bad news stories, as long as they are accurate and truthful, are equally welcome. Hopefully it will help us all either be confident in our new, wonderful machines, or help us identify and resolve problems. Or both.

- YoAdrian
[/QUOTE

I'm glad we have this forum I think its informative and lets the Ram owner feel confidant that any problem can be fixed. With that said my 2019 Ram Laramie Limited , is having some major issue again with the start/electric suspension . The whole 12 inch display module is completely out again and the vehicle unmovable...all systems shut down completely. This happened before after 1 month of owning my truck, and i thought it was fixed, but the only diagnostic fault revealed "nothing" ealership service parts determined it may have been the battery...nothing specific....so now what do i do. I have a case number in for my vehicle , so I am hoping this time around something can be done.. If anyone has experienced the same problems please reach out!!!!!

steveved

Reaction score
You should see how some of the Chevy fanboys over at the 2019/2020 Silverado forum bash the new Ram. And I see as many problem trucks on their forum as I see here.

I now have 13,000 miles on my truck after 10 months of ownership. The only lingering issue is the VERY loud, squeaky brakes.

I am living with it because I do NOT want Ram replacement pads. I am waiting for Stoptech, EBC or Performance Friction to come out with something that bites better.

I cannot believe this new truck has been out for nearly a YEAR now and no aftermarket company is selling brake pads for it yet. WTF?

SD Rebel

Reaction score
You should see how some of the Chevy fanboys over at the 2019/2020 Silverado forum bash the new Ram. And I see as many problem trucks on their forum as I see here.

I now have 13,000 miles on my truck after 10 months of ownership. The only lingering issue is the VERY loud, squeaky brakes.

I am living with it because I do NOT want Ram replacement pads. I am waiting for Stoptech, EBC or Performance Friction to come out with something that bites better.

I cannot believe this new truck has been out for nearly a YEAR now and no aftermarket company is selling brake pads for it yet. WTF?

The 2019 Silverado forum has almost the exact same list of thread post issues that this RAM forum has, which is to be expected. Forums are where you go to ask questions and help from the community and these are all new designs from GM and RAM.

Though if you buy a Silverado, you have to live with the knowledge you may have bought the 3rd best truck on the market as per auto critics and buyers alike. Controversial exterior and dated interior is what your truck is known for. Whereas the RAM has been well received by critics and the buying public. Though I'm pretty impressed that the 5 year old F150 is still dominating sales and holding it's own in comparison tests against two all new trucks, interested to see what the all-new model will do next year.

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
I have a few small issues related to paint and body only. 2 dents in the roof that are small and im not worried about it enough to have my headliner pulled out. One dent in the driver rear door that i would have never seen if a friend didnt point it out. A run in the paint in the rear wheel well. Something that looks like a slight bubble under the paint on the tailgate. This picture is the newest i have found on the passenger side front fender.

Attachments

• 20190720_120720.jpg
    20190720_120720.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 72

SD Rebel

Reaction score
About 800 miles in so far, 3 weeks of ownership. Loving my truck very much! Only mods is a custom installed Flowmaster Outlaw exhaust, Husky mats, UWS tool box and Yakima bed rack system. Also did my first car wash yesterday, really rinsed the truck off well, found no leaks which I was very happy about.

In regards to issues, these are my only issues so far....

- Bluetooth sometimes disconnects during a call.

- Found a small paint defect, luckily it's on the roof, impossible to see in sunlight and very hard to see at low light. Assuming it doesn't get worse, I'm happy to leave it alone. A giant mass produced truck like this, I'm happy this is the only one I found.

- Much lower then estimated mpg, but it's still breaking-in and most of my driving has not been kind to getting good mpg, especially after my exhaust install :)

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I have a few small issues related to paint and body only. 2 dents in the roof that are small and im not worried about it enough to have my headliner pulled out. One dent in the driver rear door that i would have never seen if a friend didnt point it out. A run in the paint in the rear wheel well. Something that looks like a slight bubble under the paint on the tailgate. This picture is the newest i have found on the passenger side front fender.

Unfortunately those particles in the paint are found is most productions cars, but I am curious of the dent on the roof. Was it a dent or actually a build variance? I found what I originally thought was a small ding on the roof, driver's side rear. Turns out it looks like a paint defect.

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
Unfortunately those particles in the paint are found is most productions cars, but I am curious of the dent on the roof. Was it a dent or actually a build variance? I found what I originally thought was a small ding on the roof, driver's side rear. Turns out it looks like a paint defect.
For sure the roof has 2 distinct dents..almost like hail but only 2 and none on the hood. My 2016 had the same dents but i never got them fixed. The rear driver door is a dent right on the body line but hard to see unless the lighting is right or its moving

Users who are viewing this thread