5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How’s your 2019 Ram running? Take our poll!

Did any of the following systems function improperly, or require repair?

• Total voters

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was classifying the ambient lighting on the glove box gap, the rattle on the back window from bass, and also the gauge cluster lighting in this category

borant

Reaction score
View attachment 2530

Hey @borant @sticker500 @Maverick @Dkwatts1522 @lilkarl71 @jkratze1 @Jgoodyr from our poll those “Interior Fit and Finish” reports have been growing but from reading posts I don’t recall any single trend...

Can you all briefly describe what is going on with fit and finish please? Are you all having different problems or might there be another trend building up? Thanks if you have the time to respond!

EDIT: @Jgoodyr had a really bad water leak, @lilkarl71 has several issues including window regulator problems, others have rattles from back window and doors. The annoying rattles are the main trend here though not the only problem... but we haven’t heard from everyone.

I have a couple interior issues described in this threat
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/what-could-be-done-better-in-new-ram.640/

Additionally, some interior issues like rattling speaker grill on driver door, wind noise on highway speeds - seems like poor climate control ducts insulation, poor vents design-can't really put air flow away from right driver vent.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it just me or are the higher level trims having the most issues? Longhorn and Limited owners seem to have the bulk of the issues. You'd think quality assurance would be crucial for those builds, with so many high-end options

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is it just me or are the higher level trims having the most issues? Longhorn and Limited owners seem to have the bulk of the issues. You'd think quality assurance would be crucial for those builds, with so many high-end options
I would wager it’s just because a large percentage of our members chose Longhorns or Limiteds, and maybe because the 12” UConnect has so many early software bugs to work out... time for someone to do another poll? :D

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would wager it’s just because a large percentage of our members chose Longhorns or Limiteds, and maybe because the 12” UConnect has so many early software bugs to work out... time for someone to do another poll? :D
36.4% of our poll taking members picked a limited.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
54% are reporting no problems, not a great number but a lot better than reading a lot of posts would have you believe.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
54% are reporting no problems, not a great number but a lot better than reading a lot of posts would have you believe.
But, of the 46% that have reported problems, what % is mechanical and what % is software? That's the number I'd be more interested in, software can be updated, but a bigger % of mechanical issues would tell us there is more of a parts or production issue.

Kramersp

Reaction score
What's going to have more problems, a loaded limited or a base tradesman? Limited. Because there is more to go wrong. If a company cant get a cab, box, AC and a radio right then it has bigger problems. This is true for all the manufacturers.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hit it with a hose today with the passenger side floor liner pulled up because that corner of the truck is the worst, it seems to be that side of the windshield or corner of the pano roof. Have to wait until Tuesday for the “leak technician” but I have a trip this weekend and guarantee it’s going to storm all weekend. Honestly so upset right now. The floor liners are already starting to smell.

You're lucky to be in Orlando. I'm pretty sure the dealership uses Seek and Seal. Those guys are excellent in finding and sealing water leaks.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I traded my ‘17 Longhorn for a ‘19. I have had it for 11 days. After owning it one day, it went back to the dealer and was in the shop 2 days as the service truck lights came on and anything to do with the safety braking system would not work.” A code was re-entered and I was assured it was fixed. Three days later, same issue and it is in the shop again, at minimum 5 more days. On top of that, it does not ride as smooth as my ‘17 with the off road package. Dealer said the off road package rides the same as one without. I ended up with the off road package when the dealer sold me the actual truck I wanted, but pulled out three days later , after depositing my check , when the dealer they were taking it from refused to give it up. They tracked down another with same color and options with the addition of the new hybrid and off road package. I am not happy. My 5th Ram and the only one I have not been happy with.
In WI there is a 3 day return with new cars. I would imagine your state has the same. Go get your check back if thats what you truly want. Dont play games just demand your check.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have water leaking into all 4 corners of my cabin. When it rains, my floor liners get soaked.... my truck sleeps outside so this is a major problem. Really not enjoying my $64,000 truck right now. Starting to look like a mistake on my part for getting rid of my hellcat...
I would be furious

Dan1989

Reaction score
I have water leaking in soaking my back carpet everytime it rains on my 2019 RAM Limited. I have had my truck to the dealer 2 times so far and they don't seem to even try to figure out the issue of where the water is coming from. The first time they said it was a clogged sunroof drain tube and they water tested after repairing. First rain after I got it back and same problem. Second time I took it in they said it was likely the brake light above the rear window and they said they inspected the seal, not sure what good that's going to do and then they said the tested under water for 2 hours. Well that can't be true because when I went back to pick it up it had just rained so decided to check the back carpet before leaving the dealer and guess what, it was wet! So I went right back into the service department and asked if they did anything at all! I would have left if with them but it was last Friday and I needed my truck over the weekend. They told me it tested fine when they did the water test and acted surprised that it was wet after it rained.:rolleyes: So I decided I would try and trouble shoot the issue myself with a hose to at least find where the water seems to be coming in at since the dealer can't even figure that out. Keep in mind this is supposed to be the best Ram dealer in KC....not! Well anyway my water testing today showed that the water was leaking in the cab when I sprayed water on the back window, lower right corner, the water would then leak down the back right corner inside the cab and run along the back of the cab to the drivers side and down into the storage area under the seat soaking the carpet on the drivers side. So I am heading back to the dealer tomorrow to show them them what I have found hoping this is enough info for them to figure it out. It appears to be an issue with the back window seal, there is also sunroof drain tubes that come out about half way down the back of the cab between the cab on the bed on both sides. These drain tubes have a rubber grommet that fits in a hole in the back of the cab. The rubber grommet on the right side appeared to be pushed back in the hole where it could allow water into the cab. I got under the truck so I could reach up and pull it back out so it would fit in the drain tube hole in the back of the cab properly. I was hoping this would resolve the issue since water that was sprayed on the back window would run down the back of the cab around this grommet but it did not. So back to the dealer tomorrow with this new info to see if they can figure it out this time. If not I will be getting a lawyer involved to look into my lemon law options. I really love everything about this truck and hate that I have to deal with an issue of water leaking in the cab after paying $65k for a truck! This is my 6th RAM in a row and this is the worst issue I have ever had.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have water leaking in soaking my back carpet every time it rains on my 2019 RAM Limited. I have had my truck to the dealer 2 times so far and they don't seem to even try to figure out the issue of where the water is coming from. ... I really love everything about this truck and hate that I have to deal with an issue of water leaking in the cab after paying $65k for a truck! This is my 6th RAM in a row and this is the worst issue I have ever had.

This is really sad, it is a crime that the service department didn't take ownership of the problem and properly diagnose it themselves, whether it was a $35,000 truck or a $65,000 truck. But especially bad when it's a $65,000 truck.

Leaving it to the customer to figure out the cause, and leaving the customer hanging, is just plain stupid, unethical, and borderline willful negligence on the part of your dealer's service department. It makes me mad just reading about your case, I can't imagine what I would do if I was in your shoes. I agree that you should hold their feet to the fire, up to and including exchanging the truck for a new one.

By the way, what is the build date on your leaky Ram?

Dan1989

Reaction score
This is really sad, it is a crime that the service department didn't take ownership of the problem and properly diagnose it themselves, whether it was a $35,000 truck or a $65,000 truck. But especially bad when it's a $65,000 truck.

Leaving it to the customer to figure out the cause, and leaving the customer hanging, is just plain stupid, unethical, and borderline willful negligence on the part of your dealer's service department. It makes me mad just reading about your case, I can't imagine what I would do if I was in your shoes. I agree that you should hold their feet to the fire, up to and including exchanging the truck for a new one.

By the way, what is the build date on your leaky Ram?

Build date is 3/2018, I know its an early build date which worries me.

jschneider910

Reaction score
Discovered I was missing a piece of plastic trim on the drivers seat where it bolts to the floor. Showed the dealer and they immediately ordered me one, so no big deal.

No Uconnect freezes and the stereo is growing on me.

Overall a happy camper.

@Dan1989 I'd be livid! No matter the price point, that's unacceptable. Your dealer needs to realize that although they're not a "luxury" dealer, they're selling now vehicles that are at a luxury vehicle price point and should treat the owners as such. That's insane- good thing you figured it out though.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The worst thing I've found was the leather drivers seat cover came loose in the front. Just snapped it back on the frame. Hopefully it'll stay attached. I had the same problem with one of my F150's. That one came loose all the time.
I also need to reset the driver wiper arm. Tried yesterday to pull it off. No luck. I think it needs a puller. I don't have a full compliment of tools up north. I'll be due for my first oil change as soon as I get home and I'll have the dealer reclock it.

Cajun

Reaction score
I have a few paint defects on one running board and rattle under the dash on the drivers side. The dealer is getting repairs scheduled today. Other than that its perfect. 800 miles so far.

Cajun

Reaction score
The worst thing I've found was the leather drivers seat cover came loose in the front. Just snapped it back on the frame. Hopefully it'll stay attached. I had the same problem with one of my F150's. That one came loose all the time.
I also need to reset the driver wiper arm. Tried yesterday to pull it off. No luck. I think it needs a puller. I don't have a full compliment of tools up north. I'll be due for my first oil change as soon as I get home and I'll have the dealer reclock it.

The leather under my drivers seated wasn't attached either. I just attached it myself and its staying put so far.

Users who are viewing this thread