5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How’s your 2019 Ram running? Take our poll!

Did any of the following systems function improperly, or require repair?

• Total voters

Mirowpl

Reaction score
I am still waiting on new latches for my tailgate. Thi has been going on since end of Jan. No tailgate since then.

Magna

Reaction score
Im having issues with my keyless start. It seems to be intermittent where the dealer first time replaced the key fob which worked For a few days and then secondly replaced a control module in the dash which lasted a couple weeks and now tomorrow I going back to the dealer to see what's next gezze

gwatt86

Reaction score
I bought my 2019 Bighorn in Jan. with 29K. First truck I've ever owned and like it for the most part. So far I have these issues:

-Grinding noise when turning right at slow speeds. This seems to be pretty common as I've read through the threads. I think most say replacing rack fixes it.
-Clunk when turning left at slow speeds. Sounds like its coming from the front passenger side. Not really sure what this is??
-Passenger side mirror was flipped back during a car wash so now it clicks and jitters when I press the button to extend. Still folds and extends though.

The clunk noise is my biggest complaint since it happens every time I turn left between 5-15 mph. I'm hoping its just some bolts that need tightening. I haven't scheduled anything with the dealer but would this be covered under warranty? I just don't want my truck sitting for days but I need to pull the trigger and get it in. I've got 33K at the moment but did buy an extended warranty.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought my 2019 Bighorn in Jan. with 29K. First truck I've ever owned and like it for the most part. So far I have these issues:

-Grinding noise when turning right at slow speeds. This seems to be pretty common as I've read through the threads. I think most say replacing rack fixes it.
-Clunk when turning left at slow speeds. Sounds like its coming from the front passenger side. Not really sure what this is??
-Passenger side mirror was flipped back during a car wash so now it clicks and jitters when I press the button to extend. Still folds and extends though.

The clunk noise is my biggest complaint since it happens every time I turn left between 5-15 mph. I'm hoping its just some bolts that need tightening. I haven't scheduled anything with the dealer but would this be covered under warranty? I just don't want my truck sitting for days but I need to pull the trigger and get it in. I've got 33K at the moment but did buy an extended warranty.

Same thing with me hot under the truck and noticed it was my passenger side away bar that was lose due to me when changing out my shocks to bilstein guess what I’m saying is get under the truck and look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwatt86

Reaction score
Same thing with me hot under the truck and noticed it was my passenger side away bar that was lose due to me when changing out my shocks to bilstein guess what I’m saying is get under the truck and look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that in the back of the truck or up near the front?

marin

Reaction score
Have a 2019 Rebel, issues so far:

-Seal on the left side rear axle.
-Replaced door panel due to rattle.
-Reverse proximity sensors would detect things that are not there and apply brakes, software issue.
-Driver's seat cover kept getting unclipped on bottom.
-Gasket around brake pedal would make a rattling noise, replaced.
-HVAC when set to auto would blow cold event though it was 40--50 outside, this one is still persistent, I shut the whole system off and start and voila it works as intended.
-Right side headlight would not work, this was an issue caused by the dealer I bought it from, they installed an after market alarm that they wanted 1200 for and I said no so when they ripped that out they pulled a few wires with it, they also drilled into the dash during this. I raised hell with FCA and they took care of it when the dealer refused to and they extended the warranty. I have to say FCA is great to deal with and super responsive.

Seems like there are multiple but it really was not that bad all fix within two visits and it has been a great truck since, now have over 22k on it.

Cgs1967

Reaction score
It down shifts terribly, is loud, worst of all they’re customer service is the worst in the industry. I had a manufacturer defect in my sunroof 6,000 miles out of warranty. RAM would not help with one penny. This company doesn’t care about you, they care about pushing trucks and moving on. Do not buy this truck!
My 2020 Jeep Wrangler manual transmission went out at 12,150 miles. Warranty ends at 12,000 miles. I called customer care and they were not willing to help. I have owned 14 new Wranglers and 3 Ram trucks. I said I would never buy one of their vehicles ever again but just bought a 2021 Ram 1500. Probably stupid. They don't give a crap about customers even if you've been a loyal customer.

gwatt86

Reaction score
Update: I think my clunk noise is due to the front wheel well not having enough clearance by the shock. I trimmed some of it and it seems much better.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2020 Jeep Wrangler manual transmission went out at 12,150 miles. Warranty ends at 12,000 miles. I called customer care and they were not willing to help. I have owned 14 new Wranglers and 3 Ram trucks. I said I would never buy one of their vehicles ever again but just bought a 2021 Ram 1500. Probably stupid. They don't give a crap about customers even if you've been a loyal customer.

The transmission is covered under 5/60. Maybe your referring to the clutch? That is only 1yr/12k.

I’m surprised they didn’t do anything considering Jeep has had 2 recalls with a stop sale order on manual transmissions over clutch issues.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Greetings Cgs1967,
Can you send us a message with your VIN and dealer info? We would like to look into this for you.
Rob
Ram Cares

Cgs1967

Reaction score
Greetings Cgs1967,
Can you send us a message with your VIN and dealer info? We would like to look into this for you.
Rob
Ram Cares
Yes, I will send you the info you have requested. Thank you

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Checking in, 30,000+ happy miles!

It's been a great journey, it's been fun adding mods, and this place has been a "Terrible" influence on my wallet :ROFLMAO:

STR

Reaction score
Update: I’ve own my 2020 Rebel for a year now, and zero problems.

Jooce01

Reaction score
2019 Laramie.
- Body: Rear cab leak. Currently at the dealership waiting.
- Suspension: Only issue is the squealing brakes. Took 4 trips to get it resolved though.
- Engine: Bad fuel injector on cylinder 6. Had the flashing engine light and had to coast to the dealer. Took 3 trips to get it repaired.
- Electronics: Bad switch on the drivers side window (randomly will spaz out up and down repeatedly before stopping). They still can't repeat it, so I have to live with it. Uconnect will sometimes just stop playing noise. Have to pull over and shut the truck off to reset.

Overall I have tons of concerns with the QC when built, and the ability of (at least my) dealership to service it. I won't be buying Ram again.
To update: The last point about the radio cutting out...it happened while on my way to drop the truck off for the rear cab leak! How convenient. Because it was faulted out when I got there to drop it off, they also replaced the radio. Unfortunately the new radio keeps forgetting all of the bluetooth paired devices about once every two weeks. At this point I'm going to live with it for another couple of months before I trade it in somewhere.

I had a weird issue where the tailgate stopped releasing and the wiper fluid would just dribble out, lasted about a 1.5 weeks while waiting for my appointment at the dealership. Of course they both started working again 2-3 days before the appointment. Dealership didn't even take the truck back, said it was working and nothing they could do. I'm starting to wonder if the truck has a ground fault issue causing all of these electrical quirks.

I worked with the Ram Cares Team, and I really believe they are the only reason the dealership replaced the radio. But I also talked to them about a vehicle buyback. I was rejected. Not sure what has to happen to the truck to qualify, but the list above doesn't.

Jooce01

Reaction score
To update: The last point about the radio cutting out...it happened while on my way to drop the truck off for the rear cab leak! How convenient. Because it was faulted out when I got there to drop it off, they also replaced the radio. Unfortunately the new radio keeps forgetting all of the bluetooth paired devices about once every two weeks. At this point I'm going to live with it for another couple of months before I trade it in somewhere.

I had a weird issue where the tailgate stopped releasing and the wiper fluid would just dribble out, lasted about a 1.5 weeks while waiting for my appointment at the dealership. Of course they both started working again 2-3 days before the appointment. Dealership didn't even take the truck back, said it was working and nothing they could do. I'm starting to wonder if the truck has a ground fault issue causing all of these electrical quirks.

I worked with the Ram Cares Team, and I really believe they are the only reason the dealership replaced the radio. But I also talked to them about a vehicle buyback. I was rejected. Not sure what has to happen to the truck to qualify, but the list above doesn't.
Hate to keep resurrecting old threads....but man this truck is a lemon.

Since this last post, it's been back in the shop 3 more times for misfires (makes that 6 total trips) and the tailgate release replaced. The Ram Cares team appears to be doing everything they can to help, and have opened a lemon buy-back, but it doesn't appear to be worth it for me. The KBB value of the truck is higher than the buy-back amount. It's too bad they're going to escape having to label this truck as a lemon...

tdog65

Reaction score
I know forums are usually people having issues and looking for some help but I'm looking at buying a used 19 Laramie sport that is loaded like a limited minus airide. I drive about 50,000 miles a year all highway. I never buy new as they depreciate so fast. Currently driving a 17 Lexus GX460 that is just solid little suv. Smart money would keep it and drive the wheels off but I kind of need a truck plus just much more room in back for when taking customer out for dinner. I need to quit reading thru all these threads. UGH. I know there is a lot of good rams out there. I almost bought a 19 ford limited about same price but the ride and interior on the even laramie was much nicer.

Users who are viewing this thread