5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone, this is Matt from B2 Fabrication

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yeah I took a dead blow hammer and gave the resonator delete pipes a good whack to make sure they were seated well. it helped. Ive seen a lot of stock rams too with the same issue. the only adjustment is the passenger side tailpipe. you can move it out. It has a metal tab on the y pipe section that the tailpipe slides into for alignment.
I will give that a try thanks.

B2 Fabrication

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hi guys, I noticed some of you talking about how one tip sticks out farther than the other after the resonator delete is installed. They should stick out the same as each other as well as the same as from the factory. If they do not it is most likely because the factory tubes have not been slid on enough inside the expanded part. Please just try to slide the farthest one out on a little more, this is best done carefully with a dead blow hammer, if needed you can spray the inside a bit with WD-40 to get it to slide better. It will be much easier to do before you clamp them tight for the first time, it is best to leave everything a little loose until the tips are where you want them, then do a final tighten.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So after several months any many miles with the B2 Fabrication (Moderate / Magnaflow) Muffler. I was getting some blow-by at the clamp.

When this first happened after the install I just needed to tighten it down some more.

After time I had tightened it down as fas as I could and was still getting blow-by. I took the truck to the local muffler shop and put it up on the lift. The muffler guy moved the clamp to a different location and orientation and it still leaked. After close inspection is was leaking at the cut in the pipe and had created a spoon like effect at that location.

So we welded the muffler on and just left the clamp in place. This quited down the excessive drone and noise from the muffler in the cab.

I'm still pleased with my decision to go this route.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
interesting, i get a little bit of blow by at my connections as well. ive been thinking about just having everything welded in place, glad youre happy with the result

B2 Fabrication

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hi guys,
We will have the round and oval mufflers back in stock by the end of this week. And, we actually have black tips in stock and for sale on the site for once!
Thanks,
Matt

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi guys,
We will have the round and oval mufflers back in stock by the end of this week. And, we actually have black tips in stock and for sale on the site for once!
Thanks,
Matt

Matt and company - the other day I met a stranger who also had a 5th gen ram (parking lot), we started talking trucks and exhausts.
He had a B2 muffler delete and loved it.
That's a neat sound, really lets the hemi roar

Go figure a week later I see this thread.
It's the coolest thing to see a company that really takes input from customers and comes up with neat solutions based on customer desire!
Never gets old

I've been running a magnaflow system since about late 2018 when I first got the truck. While I like the volume level and drone management, I'm finding myself missing the borla sound profile and considering a touring system. But if I change it out, before I do, I'm going to look really hard at B2's options.
Quality stuff from a company with a really well earned good reputation that takes the time to talk to us customers?
That's absolutely the kind of company I'd give my money to!

jaybretzke

Reaction score
Mine are close to that. I just beat on the exhaust pipes a little and got it to a point of close enough.

my issue

I kinda wanna to try the straight muffler vice the oval

sbdf1

Reaction score
I've had the oval (moderate) muffler on for about 1,000kms and love it. I posted this cold start video on another thread but I'll post it here as well in case anyone is on the fence.

Reasons I went with the Oval:
  • Wanted no drove for long drives and something livable for everyday driving
  • Deeper/throatier hemi sound, that can add excitement when you get into it
  • Neighbours won't hate me :cool:
I feel like this delivers in every way. At first I thought it might be too quiet, but it's just right.

Here is a little comparison between stock and oval. I will hopefully get to do some videos while driving this weekend with revs etc.

CuzznVinny

Reaction score
For those of you with the round aggressive pypes style muffler. Do you think it's too loud for 4:00 a.m. cold starts. I don't mind an aggressive exhaust, just don't want to wake up the house or the neighbors in the morning. I plan on leaving the stock resonators. I'm worried about the magnaflow being too mellow for me. My other option is to leave the exhaust stock and put a cut out in the mid pipe.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
For those of you with the round aggressive pypes style muffler. Do you think it's too loud for 4:00 a.m. cold starts. I don't mind an aggressive exhaust, just don't want to wake up the house or the neighbors in the morning. I plan on leaving the stock resonators. I'm worried about the magnaflow being too mellow for me. My other option is to leave the exhaust stock and put a cut out in the mid pipe.
I was told by Matt himself that the round pypes style muffler sounds like a Honda Civic and he steered me away from it. Listen to Carven clips on their site...same design and I didn't like that sound at all...lots of popping noises which sound like **** IMPO.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
My magnaflow is pretty loud on cold start but mellows out in a minute or so.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bobgnarley

Reaction score
I installed a B2 oval (moderate) muffler and 5" tips last week and the sound is exactly what I was looking for. I was worried that it would not be aggressive enough; however, had I gone with anything more rowdy it would have been a major mistake. If I want to hear the Hemi roar, I just open the back window and step on the gas.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I installed a B2 oval (moderate) muffler and 5" tips last week and the sound is exactly what I was looking for. I was worried that it would not be aggressive enough; however, had I gone with anything more rowdy it would have been a major mistake. If I want to hear the Hemi roar, I just open the back window and step on the gas.
I am very pleased with this one as well. Loved it on my 2019 and just as happy on my 2021.

sbdf1

Reaction score
I thought the same thing, and if I had gone louder I think I would've regretted it.

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score
Has anybody found a king term solution to “blow” by in resonator weep holes? Other than just deleting resonators?

Users who are viewing this thread