5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone, this is Matt from B2 Fabrication

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Has anybody found a king term solution to “blow” by in resonator weep holes? Other than just deleting resonators?
Are you referring to sealing the weep holes? If so, yes...JB Weld. Just fill the holes on each resonator, 2 on the front and 2 on the back.

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score
Are you referring to sealing the weep holes? If so, yes...JB Weld. Just fill the holes on each resonator, 2 on the front and 2 on the back.
Yep! Got some on order. Has anybody been using the JB Weld for an extended amount of time? Curious to know how it’s holding up.

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score
Just went through this entire thread and couldn’t find anything...

Does anyone have the b2 round muffler (previously the pypes) and can post a sound clip or video from inside the cab windows up. Ideally looking for a cruising 55/75 mph, a unaggressive normal driving acceleration, and a hard acceleration all from inside the cab windows up.

or if anybody knows of a clip already online somewhere and can point me to it. I’ve been looking all over and all I’m finding for the round/pypes b2 exhaust is shot from behind the car cold start and rev not inside the car while driving.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

Does anyone have the b2 round muffler (previously the pypes) and can post a sound clip or video from inside the cab windows up. Ideally looking for a cruising 55/75 mph, a unaggressive normal driving acceleration, and a hard acceleration all from inside the cab windows up.

or if anybody knows of a clip already online somewhere and can point me to it. I’ve been looking all over and all I’m finding for the round/pypes b2 exhaust is shot from behind the car cold start and rev not inside the car while driving.
I have posted this multiple times over the years, but here we go. I was told by Matt at B2 that the Pypes style muffler wasn't really "recommended" for our trucks. He said it sounded like a Honda Civic and pushed me to go with the oval muffler. Some like the sound of a Honda Civic gone wild. If you want to hear a sound clip, listen to a Carven round exhaust. They are very "poppy" sounding and, when revved, you hear a ton of popping noises (not my cup of tea). The B2 will sound the same or a bit worse. I hope this helps.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score

FOweetoolow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score
I have posted this multiple times over the years, but here we go. I was told by Matt at B2 that the Pypes style muffler wasn't really "recommended" for our trucks. He said it sounded like a Honda Civic and pushed me to go with the oval muffler. Some like the sound of a Honda Civic gone wild. If you want to hear a sound clip, listen to a Carven round exhaust. They are very "poppy" sounding and, when revved, you hear a ton of popping noises (not my cup of tea). The B2 will sound the same or a bit worse. I hope this helps.
I have the “round” muffler, and haven’t heard this “poppy” sound. Also, a good buddy of mine has the Carven “round” exhaust and I’ve never heard a “poppy” sound come from his. Also, just curious, why would @B2 Fabrication make a muffler that wasn’t “recommended” for the Ram? Now, I’ve only had the exhaust on for a month, and it may develop the “poppy” noise, but for now it sounds deep and smooth. My buddy has had the Carven on for over a year.

I am going on a road trip today, with my dad, in his truck. I will be back Monday morning. If no one has posted a clip by then, I will record one on my back home. One of the things I LOVE about this exhaust is that at cruising, interstate speed, you can barely notice it back there. If you go to pass somebody, you will know it’s back there, but it’s not obnoxiously loud. I love the round exhaust.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the “round” muffler, and haven’t heard this “poppy” sound. Also, a good buddy of mine has the Carven “round” exhaust and I’ve never heard a “poppy” sound come from his. Also, just curious, why would @B2 Fabrication make a muffler that wasn’t “recommended” for the Ram? Now, I’ve only had the exhaust on for a month, and it may develop the “poppy” noise, but for now it sounds deep and smooth. My buddy has had the Carven on for over a year.

I am going on a road trip today, with my dad, in his truck. I will be back Monday morning. If no one has posted a clip by then, I will record one on my back home. One of the things I LOVE about this exhaust is that at cruising, interstate speed, you can barely notice it back there. If you go to pass somebody, you will know it’s back there, but it’s not obnoxiously loud. I love the round exhaust.
Just sayin' what Matt himself told me when I went to purchase my first B2. I have also heard clips of the Carven and it is poppy when you rev the engine. I was going to try the Carven, since I already had a B2 on my 2019 but, after hearing several audio clips of the Carven and people saying they didn't like the popping sound, I reverted back to another B2 for my 2021. Sound is very subjective. If you are happy with the sound of your muffler, than that is all that matters :)

Last edited:

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to hearing it. Did you keep or remove the factory resonators?

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to hearing it. Did you keep or remove the factory resonators?
I kept the resonators. For now. I patched the weep holes on Friday. They should be cured by now. I’m headed back to MS today. I’ll check them as soon as I get back. I may end up deleting them, later down the road.

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score
Hmmm, I don’t know how to post videos. I’ve recorded them but when I go to post them, it only gives me option to select pictures and not videos.

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score

Here’s the clip of cruising @ 70 mph:

Here’s clip of slow acceleration:

Here’s clip of hard acceleration:

Hope this helps. Most of background noise is wind. It was really windy this morning. Very minimal noise at cruising, a low rumble during acceleration, and very noticeable during hard acceleration. It’s just right for me.

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score
Here’s the clip of cruising @ 70 mph:

Here’s clip of slow acceleration:

Here’s clip of hard acceleration:

Hope this helps. Most of background noise is wind. It was really windy this morning. Very minimal noise at cruising, a low rumble during acceleration, and very noticeable during hard acceleration. It’s just right for me.
Awesome! Appreciate it, it definitely helps. I think I’m going to go with the aggressive muffler. Thanks again

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score
Awesome! Appreciate it, it definitely helps. I think I’m going to go with the aggressive muffler. Thanks again

Like I said, I could hear some “blow by” coming from weep holes on resonators. I applied some JB Weld High Temp to plug them. It sounds a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moparluver

Reaction score
I have the oval muffler and find that it's by far the loudest when under a load from 1400-1800 RPM. Is the delete different? I'm hoping to change to something that doesn't resonate at that RPM (highway cruising speed)

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the oval muffler and find that it's by far the loudest when under a load from 1400-1800 RPM. Is the delete different? I'm hoping to change to something that doesn't resonate at that RPM (highway cruising speed)
This is caused by the MDS / ECO mode when your truck is running off of 4 cylinders.

I doubt that changing mufflers will improve this.

Hopefully you left all 3 of your resonators on the truck.

Moparluver

Reaction score
I h
This is caused by the MDS / ECO mode when your truck is running off of 4 cylinders.

I doubt that changing mufflers will improve this.

Hopefully you left all 3 of your resonators on the truck.I
I have all 3 resonators in place, and no, the resonance I'm complaining about isn't when MDS kicks in . Drone or resonance is a product of the tuning length of the exhaust, and there will be a peak in the sound (DB) at the RPM where that tuning length is. Diameter and resonant chambers (mufflers or resonators) will change the RPM where that peak sound is produced. I'm simply asking those who have the muffler delete with all 3 resonators what the loudest RPM range is under a load.

WhiteZombie

Reaction score
How is the sound coming out the 5 inch tips? Thinking about getting some but don’t want it to sound like a ricer. I like a nice deep growl how a V8 is supposed to sound.

Users who are viewing this thread