5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone, this is Matt from B2 Fabrication

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
August 2nd was 16 days ago. I assume you mean 22nd. ;)

Hope you're having a blast, dude!

B2 Fabrication

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am back at it. Getting up at 4 in the morning and welding 3 days in a row now (Thanks jet lag!) Thanks to everyone who placed an order while I was gone, I have about 50 systems to ship out but that will happen by this Wednesday. I will be back to a one or two day lead time by next week.

taz2016

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the Magnaflow version on a Pentastar V-6? Any recordings you could post? I am looking for a little rumble. Deep but not raspy and no drone at highway speeds.

onebadtwo

Reaction score
Does this work on the single exhaust trucks too? How will that change the sound?

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
Got mine on today. Sounds really good but it's leaking pretty bad around the clamp. I guess i need some sealant or something

_StangPGH

Reaction score
I used the cheap Permatex sealant (red tube) and no leaks. Retorque the clamp after several hundred miles.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

reggiejp3

Reaction score
I've had my B2 Magnaflow in now for about 2 weeks and am very happy. Great low end rumble and no annoying drone. Great mod. Thanks guys.

Tommym

Reaction score
Add me to the list of happy B2 Fabrication customers. Wife bought me the Magnaflow setup as a birthday gift. Matt, installation was a breeze. Thanks

wangstarr03

Reaction score
Add me to the list of folks interested in doing this - has anyone been able to record what the pypes version sounds like and provide an upload? The MF isn't enough of a change for me based on the videos I've seen (just my opinion). In a perfect world I would go the delete route but fear it might be too aggressive for the wife and kid.

Dire Wolf

Reaction score
Went with the MF and love it. Actually sounds louder than the videos demonstrate. No drone, but loud enough in the cab that I turn the radio up when I don't want to hear it. Though I like hearing it.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
You have to hear the MF outside the cab with someone else driving. It's louder than you think and sounds mean.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No drone, but loud enough in the cab that I turn the radio up when I don't want to hear it.

isn’t that the definition of drone? I always wonder exactly what people mean by drone. I always interpreted it as hearing the exhaust when you’re in the cab, especially when between 1500-2500 rpm. I guess it’s somewhat subjective. Don’t get me wrong I love mine but I def hear it in the cab if the radio isn’t on. Then again I have my anc disconnected so I’m guessing it adds to my in cabin sound. Either way I dig the B2. It’s the right amount for me.

trixdesigns

Reaction score
isn’t that the definition of drone? I always wonder exactly what people mean by drone. I always interpreted it as hearing the exhaust when you’re in the cab, especially when between 1500-2500 rpm.

The drone most folks talk about occurs when MDS engages. There’s a resonance that occurs and will drive you mad. Instead of hearing a throaty exhaust it changes and resonates a strange sound into the cab.. it’s not the deep grumble you normally get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The drone most folks talk about occurs when MDS engages. There’s a resonance that occurs and will drive you mad. Instead of hearing a throaty exhaust it changes and resonates a strange sound into the cab.. it’s not the deep grumble you normally get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh I thought that was something different. That can be (sort of) fixed be using your gear limiter so that mds never comes on. It’s a manual process you have to do it time but if mds bothers you then you can do that. I see people asking the question about drone on other forums and those cars/trucks don’t even have mds.

Dire Wolf

Reaction score
So, in my mind, the drone is an annoying sounds that resonates in my head. When I first had the exhaust installed, there was a leak where the clamp attaches. It got into my head and I found it very annoying. Once the leak was fixed, the in cab sound was more of a rumble, which I find much more enjoyable. The drone was noticable even with the radio on, the rumble can be tuned out. Hope this makes sense!

Users who are viewing this thread