5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone, this is Matt from B2 Fabrication

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Anything is possible with the right coding. Just wondering if anyone has figured it out for our Rams, I'm guessing yes.

They do it for emissions to get the cats up to temp quicker.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sure anything is possible. To start a cold engine requires high level of fuel, requires lots of air as the chamber lacks heat to help combustion. With out combustion chamber heat you can not low idle cold start.

KingRebel

Reaction score
I got the 14" Magnaflow Muffler from B2 Fabrication. Quality is excellent and very easy install!! Great sounding muffler, but my wife wants the truck quite :cry:. So i put back on the factory muffler. If anyone in Canada wants one of these I have one thats been on a truck for a couple hours of driving for $240 CAD (Canadian funds).
Sorry to hear. I love the B2 Magnaflow setup. I had their muffler delete before and that was very loud (Wife disapproved) so I changed it to the Magnaflow (Wife approved). :)

Cleave

Reaction score
I just scanned through 11 pages of comments. Its crazy that no one has been able to come up with a clip of the Pypes version of the B2 Kit. I know the full delete is too much for my tastes, but would love to hear the mid level offering before choosing the Magnaflow.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just scanned through 11 pages of comments. Its crazy that no one has been able to come up with a clip of the Pypes version of the B2 Kit. I know the full delete is too much for my tastes, but would love to hear the mid level offering before choosing the Magnaflow.

You might want to reach out to Matt directly and discuss the Pypes muffler. I read another member was getting a rattle due to the baffling supposedly coming apart and that it might be a design flaw in the pypes muffler. That might not be true and could just be a one off situation but do some searching on the pypes before you buy and also reach out to Matt.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pypes mid level would be like the FM outlaw ( hear sound clips) more of a resonator not a true muffler

Last edited:

Rocko

Reaction score
I tried several times to put a clip up but it wouldn't let me for some reason. I absolutely love mine. Perfect sound tone and volume. Just need to plug the weep holes in the resonators to delete that cold start psst you get from them

UFmike316

Reaction score
I just got my 2020 limited 5.7hemi w etorque this week. Can’t compare the B2 magnaflow to stock, since I had the B2 installed before delivery. It sounds better than I expected at start up. Absolutely dead silent at 70-80mph on the highway. You can hear a little rumble/drone at 55-65 (like OEM challenger exhaust sound). But the hum from my nitto terra grapplers is louder than the drone, so it’s minimal. I can’t imagine a quieter exhaust when cruising unless you went with something valved, or has something that was only as loud as OEM in all situations. I was originally wanting to go borla touring but stayed away due to the feedback that it was too loud. Glad I went this route, as the B2 is perfect for me, and a little louder than my wife would like, but she can tolerate. The borla would have definitely been too loud.

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I just got my 2020 limited 5.7hemi w etorque this week. Can’t compare the B2 magnaflow to stock, since I had the B2 installed before delivery. It sounds better than I expected at start up. Absolutely dead silent at 70-80mph on the highway. You can hear a little rumble/drone at 55-65 (like OEM challenger exhaust sound). But the hum from my nitto terra grapplers is louder than the drone, so it’s minimal. I can’t imagine a quitter exhaust when cruising unless you went with something valved. I was originally wanting to go borla touring but stayed away due to the feedback that it was too loud. Glad I went this route, as the B2 is perfect for me, and a little louder than my wife would like, but she can tolerate. The borla would have definitely been too loud.
Agree on all points.
Mine quieted a tad after about a week or so. It’s pretty much perfect now, with nice growl at idle and acceleration, but super quiet at highway speeds, which is what I was looking for.

Cheers,

Yamie700

Reaction score
For those of you that got the B2 Magnaflow exhaust, after you've had it a while do you wish it were louder? I'm thinking of getting one but want to make sure there is enough difference from stock muffler to be worth it, or go with the Pypes muffler.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
For those of you that got the B2 Magnaflow exhaust, after you've had it a while do you wish it were louder? I'm thinking of getting one but want to make sure there is enough difference from stock muffler to be worth it, or go with the Pypes muffler.
Well... That's a very subjective question. What's loud to me may be quiet to others and vice versa.
In my case, I was looking for a low growl when idling and under acceleration, while quiet at highway speeds, and the B2 Mag delivers on all counts. It may be too quiet fo some, but for me it's just right, and definitely way better than stock.

Cheers,

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well... That's a very subjective question. What's loud to me may be quiet to others and vice versa.
In my case, I was looking for a low growl when idling and under acceleration, while quiet at highway speeds, and the B2 Mag delivers on all counts. It may be too quiet fo some, but for me it's just right, and definitely way better than stock.

Cheers,
this is an excellent representation as to what the B2 Mag upgrade does. you hear it when you want, not in you ears too loud at all.

Patsy1099

Reaction score

Agree with the other members. Sound is very subjective. I personally find some of the other setups that are aggressive, or complete deletes, to be too loud for me...and loud just for the sake of being loud. Some people love that. It’s not my style for several reasons. I prefer something more throaty with a deeper tone which settles down a bit and then comes alive when you get on it. I don’t want a roar. The B2fab is the best setup that I have heard in a simple muffler swap bolt on, that hits that combo for me. If I could dial it up (down) a bit to get a bit more growl I would but not just for the sake of being louder.

Going full catback opens up your options and is more $$$. The mopar catback seems to have a pretty refined performance growl but I have not heard any of them in person.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agree with above peeps messages. I’m very much liking mine. Only thing I’m doing/been doing which is common, is block the weep holes on resonators. A simple tape up just to see if you noticed a difference in sound. When I did it, to me with experience of my truck it sounded cleaner and lower toned. So I’ll be welding those up hopefully soon.
Each and their own on that one. All tones/sounds are individual.

B2 Fabrication

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
A couple of people have mentioned not having a video for the Pypes version. There is a reason for that.
I have been selling Magnaflow and Pypes products for almost a decade, always through a distributor. Last year I approached Magnaflow to buy direct and they pretty much laughed at me. That led me on a bit of a mission where I ended up at the Sema show last year and talked to a bunch of different companies about making a muffler for us. Now we are all set to have our own mufflers manufactured with our Logo, they are being built as we speak. These are identical to the Magnaflow in construction, performance, and sound. I have cut them apart and verified the quality, they are REALLY nice!
Anyway, we will be using these new mufflers starting early February, I will also have new videos of each.
As far as I know there is nothing at all wrong with the Pypes mufflers, we had one come back for a rattle but I cut that one apart and there was nothing wrong with it, sometimes if the system isn't clamped on tight enough it will rattle, I suspect that is what happened in that case.

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 9.44.52 AM.png

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
A couple of people have mentioned not having a video for the Pypes version. There is a reason for that.
I have been selling Magnaflow and Pypes products for almost a decade, always through a distributor. Last year I approached Magnaflow to buy direct and they pretty much laughed at me. That led me on a bit of a mission where I ended up at the Sema show last year and talked to a bunch of different companies about making a muffler for us. Now we are all set to have our own mufflers manufactured with our Logo, they are being built as we speak. These are identical to the Magnaflow in construction, performance, and sound. I have cut them apart and verified the quality, they are REALLY nice!
Anyway, we will be using these new mufflers starting early February, I will also have new videos of each.
As far as I know there is nothing at all wrong with the Pypes mufflers, we had one come back for a rattle but I cut that one apart and there was nothing wrong with it, sometimes if the system isn't clamped on tight enough it will rattle, I suspect that is what happened in that case.

View attachment 44155
Thanks Matt.
I am extremely happy with the MF I bought from you, and would buy your own product in a heartbeat if I needed another one.

Best of luck,
Neurobit

Bighorned

Reaction score
I kept my muffler delete one too incase I want to go louder lol. Love my magnaflow setup from B2. Happy to support an American fabricator

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Matt @B2 Fabrication That is exciting news. I hope you have great success with it. Will you sell yours along side the magnaflow or discontinue the magnaflow? Will you be considering doing the same with a smaller one, like the pypes, but under your own brand?

I agree with the rattle comment. I highly recommend that anyone installing theses mufflers: 1.) tighten down that clamp as much as possible 2.) go the extra step and use some Permatex Ultra Copper silicone. Apply it liberally inside and outside the connection 3.) make sure you use/reuse all the washers so everything is tight and sealed.

Users who are viewing this thread