5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone, this is Matt from B2 Fabrication

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Use some muffler sealant on the rear connection as well and torque to 54 lb-ft. No leaks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First of all I want to give a shout out to @B2 Fabrication. Matt was great to work with very quick communication and helpful with the purchase. Was just going to order from an Amazon listing but decided to contact him directly. Glad I did, he got working on it right away on July 9th so try to have it to me for the weekend. Didn't make it, not his fault it was coming across the border to Canada. It was at the Canada Customs July 12th and at my house July 16th. So not bad and wasn't in a huge rush anyhow. Again thanks Matt for a great product loving it so far.

On to the product install and videos. So a few things during the install. First I added an additional washers on the flange bolts so that I had 4 in total, one for the bolt head and one for the nut. Kit comes with 2 (for nut side) and is all that is needed but I wanted them on both sides. Also my ground wire was clipped on the over the hangers both muffler and truck hangers, no bolt like some others have said. Also my rubber mounts were pretty easy to come off no lubrication needed and no fighting really. I used a pry bar and a little push and the 2 backs came off while the front one only required a little push no tools. 1 of the back ones (one near center) was a little more stubborn due to location of myself and mount but still pretty no sweat. My tips aligned great but I did move them so that could be tucked up further looks great. Maybe they changed the way the ground wire attached and ease of rubbers coming off ion the later built 2019 model which mine is or maybe cause its Canadian model ;)

The only issue I really didn't like was my cut wasn't straight. I had it measured and taped up to cut straight and still messed it up lol. Tried to cut again but wasn't going to work so I stopped. Thought that cut was going to cause me a leak but the flared pipe covered that and then the clamped seals the deal. No leaks other the the slight annoyance from the resonators which I can deal with.

Very satisfying and perfect for what I wanted. I didn't want straight pipe or anything loud. Last truck I had was a Ram 2500 Diesel Cummins with dual 8" stacks put me off loud systems. It's fun for awhile but wears off when you can't hear your radio or phone convos very well. This gives a nice deep rumble at idle and opens up nicely when WOT. I know it will get a little louder as I get more miles on it too. One of my friend's Dad got a Borla Atak and tho it sounds nice and loud at idle just too loud for me. Maybe when he gets bored of the constant roar I'll grab his system cheap lol.

Anyhow onward to the videos.
Shot from 9ft away and about 2.5ft from ground.

Truck has 5000km on odometer or 3106miles for you Americans. No engine or intake mods.

STOCK

B2 MAGNAFLOW

Last edited:

Evoking1230

Reaction score
Use some muffler sealant on the rear connection as well and torque to 54 lb-ft. No leaks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes!
Located my rattle on start up and in MDS it was the clamp and the rear slotted section that connects the tailpipes. Wasn’t tight enough. I cranked it down as hard as I could since I don’t have a torque wrench but there is a exhaust leak at the slotted connection. Just a small spot. Going to apply some muffler sealant and call it a day.

Also still trying to figure out how to push the tips back to align with the bumper. I tried a few things but they move back lol. :ROFLMAO: :unsure: :eek:

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey guys,

First of all I want to give a shout out to @B2 Fabrication. Matt was great to work with very quick communication and helpful with the purchase. Was just going to order from an Amazon listing but decided to contact him directly. Glad I did, he got working on it right away on July 9th so try to have it to me for the weekend. Didn't make it, not his fault it was coming across the border to Canada. It was at the Canada Customs July 12th and at my house July 16th. So not bad and wasn't in a huge rush anyhow. Again thanks Matt for a great product loving it so far.

On to the product install and videos. So a few things during the install. First I added an additional washers on the flange bolts so that I had 4 in total, one for the bolt head and one for the nut. Kit comes with 2 (for nut side) and is all that is needed but I wanted them on both sides. Also my ground wire was clipped on the over the hangers both muffler and truck hangers, no bolt like some others have said. Also my rubber mounts were pretty easy to come off no lubrication needed and no fighting really. I used a pry bar and a little push and the 2 backs came off while the front one only required a little push no tools. 1 of the back ones (one near center) was a little more stubborn due to location of myself and mount but still pretty no sweat. My tips aligned great but I did move them so that could be tucked up further looks great. Maybe they changed the way the ground wire attached and ease of rubbers coming off ion the later built 2019 model which mine is or maybe cause its Canadian model ;)

The only issue I really didn't like was my cut wasn't straight. I had it measured and taped up to cut straight and still messed it up lol. Tried to cut again but wasn't going to work so I stopped. Thought that cut was going to cause me a leak but the flared pipe covered that and then the clamped seals the deal. No leaks other the the slight annoyance from the resonators which I can deal with.

Very satisfying and perfect for what I wanted. I didn't want straight pipe or anything loud. Last truck I had was a Ram 2500 Diesel Cummins with dual 8" stacks put me off loud systems. It's fun for awhile but wears off when you can't hear your radio or phone convos very well. This gives a nice deep rumble at idle and opens up nicely when WOT. I know it will get a little louder as I get more miles on it too. One of my friend's Dad got a Borla Atak and tho it sounds nice and loud at idle just too loud for me. Maybe when he gets bored of the constant roar I'll grab his system cheap lol.

Truck has 5000km on odometer or 3106miles for you Americans. No engine or intake mods.

STOCK

B2 MAGNAFLOW

Are those videos reversed? The “stock” vid sounds louder and deeper to me than the “b2” vid. Are they both cold start? I’ve listened to them a few times with headphones to see if I’m going crazy (which is totally possible).

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Are those videos reversed? The “stock” vid sounds louder and deeper to me than the “b2” vid. Are they both cold start? I’ve listened to them a few times with headphones to see if I’m going crazy (which is totally possible).
Yes, they're reversed.

Reaction score

Yes they were reversed don't know how that happened then again posting without a computer and just on a phone could be the reason.

All fixed now. I think.......

Repsol69

Reaction score
Hey guys,

STOCK

B2 MAGNAFLOW
Sounds great...How did you move the tips to sit higher??

KingRebel

Reaction score
Hi y’all, I got the B2 muffler delete installed last week. The B2 craftsmanship is unmatched. However, turned out it is a little too loud for the family. Lots of drone in the cabin. Should have gotten the MF version.

If you are looking for the loudest sound and ok with drone in the cabin. Get the muffler delete.

If that is not what you are looking for, go with the MF. Just want to share my experience.

Have a good one.

Found this on YouTube today pumping Matt and B2 Fab. Can't wait to get mine and get it installed.

rceagle1a

Reaction score
Has anybody had issues getting a response from Matt? Sent him a couple emails with no reply.

Rocko

Reaction score
I took a shot at the b2 pypes route and love it. I had the carven on my 16 ram and liked it but was a little too loud and had some drone in the cab. With the b2 I think is so much better. Not obnoxious at all and it's a very nice deep rumble without any drone that I've noticed. My wife hasn't even complained about it waking her up when I leave for work at 2 a.m. like she did the other one. Although when putting your foot in it it does bark pretty good but without the higher pitched sounds to it. Throttle response seems to have improved a bit too. Highly recommend here.

lunchboxphil

Reaction score
I took a shot at the b2 pypes route and love it. I had the carven on my 16 ram and liked it but was a little too loud and had some drone in the cab. With the b2 I think is so much better. Not obnoxious at all and it's a very nice deep rumble without any drone that I've noticed. My wife hasn't even complained about it waking her up when I leave for work at 2 a.m. like she did the other one. Although when putting your foot in it it does bark pretty good but without the higher pitched sounds to it. Throttle response seems to have improved a bit too. Highly recommend here.
Any chance you could do a cold start/reving vid? I know there's a lot of folks (including me) that are interested in how B2's "midgrade" sounds. Thanks!!

A10

Reaction score

I’m definitely thinking of going this route. I have Carven competitor cat back right now and it just doesnt line up perfectly still. And I’m on my second system from them. I’d prefer to have my stock exhaust set up back with the b2 pypes.

With the carven, on deceleration, there is always low pitched popping. Do you get this on the b2 pypes??

Rocko

Reaction score
I’m definitely thinking of going this route. I have Carven competitor cat back right now and it just doesnt line up perfectly still. And I’m on my second system from them. I’d prefer to have my stock exhaust set up back with the b2 pypes.

With the carven, on deceleration, there is always low pitched popping. Do you get this on the b2 pypes??
I had the same issues with that set up. So far with the b2 system I have none of that. I love how this system sounds.

Reactions: A10

Rocko

Reaction score
Any chance you could do a cold start/reving vid? I know there's a lot of folks (including me) that are interested in how B2's "midgrade" sounds. Thanks!!
Lol I wish I could. I'm no computer guru and only have my phone to record anything. I know it wouldn't do any justice to this set up at all. I can try it and see how it turns out though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online