5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone, this is Matt from B2 Fabrication

lunchboxphil

Reaction score
Lol I wish I could. I'm no computer guru and only have my phone to record anything. I know it wouldn't do any justice to this set up at all. I can try it and see how it turns out though.
Even the best recording setup doesn't give good exhaust justice. However, a clip does still show general tone and gurgle.

Rocko

Reaction score
Haven't had a chance to get a recording yet but will say that on initial start up these is a slight whisper of a rasp but it goes away when warned up. Thinking might be from the resonators not sure.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
Just finished my install of the B2 Fab Magnaflow system. I have to say that Matt has hit it out of the park with the fit & finish of this system. Installed in an hour, even with all the undercoating mess that I had to deal with because I live in the snow belt. A small shot of WD-40 on the posts and they came right off the stock muffler. Sawsall to cut the factory muffler using a Diablo blade and it was like a hot knife through butter. I also put some Permatex Ultra Exhaust Sealer around the rear pipe before I slipped the new muffler on. Tightened the font flange bolts, then tightened the rear clamp to 55 Ft-lbs and the install was complete. I was a little hesitant to mess with the exhaust, but there are a lot of reviews of systems that sounded good, so I took a chance on the B2 Fab System given past experience with Magnaflow on my Mustang and liked the sound. The new sound is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!! The LAST think I wanted was some loud obnoxious sound of something I'd regret. I must say I have a big smile on my face because the sound is perfect for me! The people that have installed and reviewed this system got it spot on. I would highly recommend the B2 Fab System with the Magnaflow muffler for anyone looking for a nice sound, a little throaty and not pizz off the whole world.

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just finished my install of the B2 Fab Magnaflow system. I have to say that Matt has hit it out of the park with the fit & finish of this system. Installed in an hour, even with all the undercoating mess that I had to deal with because I live in the snow belt. A small shot of WD-40 on the posts and they came right off the stock muffler. Sawsall to cut the factory muffler using a Diablo blade and it was like a hot knife through butter. I also put some Permatex Ultra Exhaust Sealer around the rear pipe before I slipped the new muffler on. Tightened the font flange bolts, then tightened the rear clamp to 55 Ft-lbs and the install was complete. I was a little hesitant to mess with the exhaust, but there are a lot of reviews of systems that sounded good, so I took a chance on the B2 Fab System given past experience with Magnaflow on my Mustang and liked the sound. The new sound is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!! The LAST think I wanted was some loud obnoxious sound of something I'd regret. I must say I have a big smile on my face because the sound is perfect for me! The people that have installed and reviewed this system got it spot on. I would highly recommend the B2 Fab System with the Magnaflow muffler for anyone looking for a nice sound, a little throaty and not pizz off the whole world.
Spot on. Agree fully.
The only thing that I don’t like is when MDS kicks in and changes the exhaust note, which I had never noticed before with the stock muffler. Slowly getting used to it and I am almost to the point where I subconsciously tune it out.

Other than that, the sound is amazing. I love, love, love turning on the engine. That growl is hypnotic... o_O

Cheers,

Rocko

Reaction score
Spot on. Agree fully.
The only thing that I don’t like is when MDS kicks in and changes the exhaust note, which I had never noticed before with the stock muffler. Slowly getting used to it and I am almost to the point where I subconsciously tune it out.

Other than that, the sound is amazing. I love, love, love turning on the engine. That growl is hypnotic... o_O

Cheers,

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Getting windows tinted right now and it's the first time I've heard the truck with someone else driving (B2 MF). My goodness it sounds so sweet driving by and a lot louder than I thought it was like someone mentioned above. Not at all obnoxious or annoying to anyone but just aggressive enough to get noticed and turns some heads.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Getting windows tinted right now and it's the first time I've heard the truck with someone else driving (B2 MF). My goodness it sounds so sweet driving by and a lot louder than I thought it was like someone mentioned above. Not at all obnoxious or annoying to anyone but just aggressive enough to get noticed and turns some heads.

Glad to hear! I've had mine for about a month now, and happy to report that it is a tad quieter. I guess that's what everyone means by "mellowing out". Love the sound.
It def a lot louder the first week or so. I remote start it every time now just so I can hear the growl from inside the house :p

19Laramie93

Reaction score
I’m definitely thinking of going this route. I have Carven competitor cat back right now and it just doesnt line up perfectly still. And I’m on my second system from them. I’d prefer to have my stock exhaust set up back with the b2 pypes.

With the carven, on deceleration, there is always low pitched popping. Do you get this on the b2 pypes??
Any interest in selling the cat back system?

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed their MDS not kicking as often after changing out the muffler? I'm noticing going across the highway my truck isn't kicking in on MDS as much as it used it. I know the MDS exhaust note sounds crappy but I liked the boost in mpg. I've got about 1500km (932miles) on the B2 right now. Still loving the sound tho, little louder and love the deep growl. It's a good sound if you don't want to wake up your neighborhood. I don't mind loud exhaust but they get annoying after awhile. Had more then enough loudness from my 6.7 Cummins with 8" stacks

The "leaking" exhaust sound annoying me slightly. I'm debating on jb welding the holes closed or going to exhaust shop to have them removed. Anyone notice drone that removed then? Did the exhaust get a little louder?

I thought people were saying the resonators had 1 hole each but mind look like they have 3 holes on the face of them where the pipe comes out. Like little half moon shaped that pops out.

Rocko

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed their MDS not kicking as often after changing out the muffler? I'm noticing going across the highway my truck isn't kicking in on MDS as much as it used it. I know the MDS exhaust note sounds crappy but I liked the boost in mpg. I've got about 1500km (932miles) on the B2 right now. Still loving the sound tho, little louder and love the deep growl. It's a good sound if you don't want to wake up your neighborhood. I don't mind loud exhaust but they get annoying after awhile. Had more then enough loudness from my 6.7 Cummins with 8" stacks

The "leaking" exhaust sound annoying me slightly. I'm debating on jb welding the holes closed or going to exhaust shop to have them removed. Anyone notice drone that removed then? Did the exhaust get a little louder?

I thought people were saying the resonators had 1 hole each but mind look like they have 3 holes on the face of them where the pipe comes out. Like little half moon shaped that pops out.
Mine only has 1 hole in each one. Thinking about the j.b.weld option too. Guessing only reason for the holes is for moisture to escape

geotex1

Reaction score
Mine only has 1 hole in each one. Thinking about the j.b.weld option too. Guessing only reason for the holes is for moisture to escape

Trip to hardware store, buy a pair of thread cutting machine screws (not sheet metal screws), and run them in. Totally reversible and more permanent than JB (less than plug welding).

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
I wish I had a lift to get my truck up in the air to make this easier.

Does anyone know how much it might cost to have someone professional install it?

freerider969

Reaction score
I took a shot at the b2 pypes route and love it. I had the carven on my 16 ram and liked it but was a little too loud and had some drone in the cab. With the b2 I think is so much better. Not obnoxious at all and it's a very nice deep rumble without any drone that I've noticed. My wife hasn't even complained about it waking her up when I leave for work at 2 a.m. like she did the other one. Although when putting your foot in it it does bark pretty good but without the higher pitched sounds to it. Throttle response seems to have improved a bit too. Highly recommend here.
Sounds like the B2 pypes is the way I am leaning right now.

geotex1

Reaction score

Does anyone know how much it might cost to have someone professional install it?

An honest exhaust shop should charge you $100 or less. It's literally one cut and a bolt-on job. I literally installed one for a forum member here in my garage with the back lifted only by tire ramps in 20 minutes. I used a chain cutter to very cleanly make the one needed cut. Barely earned my dinner on him at my local joint!

_StangPGH

Reaction score

If you take it to a shop skip B2 and just buy the MF muffler and have them weld it in.

RamConvert82

Reaction score
If you take it to a shop skip B2 and just buy the MF muffler and have them weld it in.

Agreed except the only difference would be that the entire B2 piece is stainless to match the rest of the exhaust. Your local shop likely won't use stainless. If you're not in an area that gets snow, then no worries. I can see an advantage to using the B2 here in New England.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

B2 Fabrication

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys! Sorry for not posting on the forums much or answering my emails. I am currently attempting to drive a Rickshaw 2400km across India with my wife, it is quite the adventure and also the first time I have shut my shop down in 10 years. Anyway, I will answer all questions and get back to welding August 2nd. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread